Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In my view we spend too much worry on players leaving
Look at Pickett, Stack, Graham, Dusty, even Rance. Hours and hours of nervous nellie chatter.

The vibe and magic has gone we are team that is no longer there and it is much easier to leave when that happens.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Himmelberg gave him a bath and then washed his face with his scrotum

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Himmelberg gave him a bath and then washed his face with his scrotum
Indeed. Himmelberg only a year and a bit older than Ben too.

Copped a bit for calling Miller out a couple of times this year but he really needs to be doing better at this stage of career.

Reactions: 1 user

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Send him back to VFL and play him at full forward for a month. Needs to get a bit of creativity and flair into his game

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thought it was one of the better 4 goals against games.
Got plenty of it and used it well.
Starting to combine well

A couple of the goals to himmelberg it was Tarrant standing him. A couple to Walker it was Miller. Overall pretty tough for defenders

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The vibe and magic has gone we are team that is no longer there and it is much easier to leave when that happens.
Maybe. Maybe not.
As a supporter its changed but i don't see it in the players

importangly Miller hasn't shown any clues that he wants out.
And there hasn't been any disharmony in the club, especially from the young fellas.
Reckon he stays the journey

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not sure why ppl are bagging Miller re Himmelberg. Tarrant was on him for at least 2 of those goals. Thought he did ok and everytime he gets the ball he always makes the right decisions. Positioning and reading the play will come with games unless you are rare talent like Gibcus. Not the problem and should continue to play

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Our tall defenders were under the pump tonight what, with our VFA midfield and all. And we missed the gallant, attacking and athletic Gibcus.

Miller has always had this thing with physical confidence. Had a couple of glitches there tonight.

Racing in very weak company, cusp of AFL/VFA he got a couple of touch ups. But I thought he batted a little high. If we can get Gibcus back next week he drops down the order.

His winning of loose was good. His use was sublime. This is a four-gamer. Must get more opportunity. It's R5.

How did Short look tonight? Our defenders struggled.

Reactions: 3 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
The guy has played 4 AFL games.

We’ll have to ride the ordinary games with the goodies until he hopefully becomes a consistent footballer.
No use playing him I’m the mangos He’s played enough footy there.
We need to see if he can play at the next level.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The positive that I'm taking out of todays game is that Ben took a good contested mark.

He has/does lack the confidence to go for his marks. Needs to be told to back himself in and go for his marks, because he has a lot of good attributes.

Reactions: 8 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Let’s face Dimma completely stuffed up resting Gibcus with Grimes out. Miller is not up to it and it cost us the game today

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Let’s face Dimma completely stuffed up resting Gibcus with Grimes out. Miller is not up to it and it cost us the game today
Gibcus is a kid who is not playing at all this week. He must need a good rest. Miller didn’t cost us anything. All the defenders looked crap because the midfield weren’t working hard enough.

Reactions: 7 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
How many when he was the only one flying for the mark?
I didn't do deep form on his game, jb. I thought he was less awful than $3M worth of star. And, having skills and athletic qualities, he might make it. Unlike so many others recruited more recently.

Gibcus will make it. Tarrant will be ok for a while. If we can nurse Miller over the line it's a good result for us. Biggy is next in line.

Reactions: 1 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Vlas in for Gibcus is a gain in experience. Tarrant, Miller and broad is enough talls. On paper. It's hard to see Miller retaining his spot if Grimes is ready.
Vlas making a good return is a relief. He and Prestia are keys.