Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

I push for senior in part because I think he is very gettable. Can’t see GWS having the coin to pay him, whereas we are about to enter a stage where we see some serious cap hit retire.

But I do bang on about him. Reckon he is as close to being a Riewoldt clone as you will find at the moment. And that has worked pretty well for us.

Can’t say I have seen much of junior, but I do recall us apparently being very interested in drafting him.
Harry is a decent player but if he's a Jack clone he's like one of Dolly the sheep's clones, with three left feet, severe retardation, and dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Reckon Miller could benefit from playing in the ruck for a few weeks. It would free him up, get him more involved in the game and allow him to go for his marks.

cannot believe they've dropped him, his second half last week was so encouraging.

MC & our game plan seem so one dimensional...no versatility.
gawn & jackson - are they trying to break nank in half?

he plays with minimal rest as bolta depletes wherever he was playing when rucking.
miller is an obvious relief ruck, can jump great reach...ever practiced at training?

Reactions: 2 users
gawn & jackson - are they trying to break nank in half?
Speaking of Jackson, Miller is the same size (is 198cm's now) and has similar athletic attributes. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Miller tried in the ruck in the VFL, especially with Soldo out injured. It might be the makings of him.

Reactions: 1 users
Miller gets regularly out-marked by his opponent (can't make an effective spoil) is very poor below his knees and susceptible to holding the ball due to lack of awareness. All major issues for a key defender.

Not surprised to see him dropped and won't be surprised to see him moved on at the end of the year

We all want him to be good but in reality he was very poor against Adelaide and may not be quite up to it. He was 15 metres off his opponent for Adelaide's first last quarter goal - reckon that play alone sealed his fate this week.

miller is an obvious relief ruck, can jump great reach...ever practiced at training?

No Miller never mixes with the ruckmen for an education at training. Unless your a legit 2nd ruckman, relief ruckmen are just run and jump and try to be a disrupter not too much science to them.

I like Miller but he’s always got a “Castagna like” bewildered look on his face

Reactions: 1 user
Dunno who was supposed to be on Himmelberg for that out the back goal but it was a coach killer

Dunno who was supposed to be on Himmelberg for that out the back goal but it was a coach killer
Yep Himmelberg's was Miller's man, not the worst forward has kicked 10 this season averaging 2 goals a game but 4 against us, Walker 5 basically on Tarrant not a good weekend for our tall defenders.
Jeez they must be bullish on Gibcus, straight back in, will be another great experience for the lad, goosebumps as the torch is lit and the bugle plays.

Last edited:
Unlucky.
He played deep back, why not try him deep forward.
Not sure Miller will ever get the opportunity to prove his worth.
It's time Hardwick and Co wake up and realise we aren't winning a flag with this side.
Edward's looks like a 87yr old.
Riewoldt shouldve walked last year
If this was Lynchys best Pre season God help us
Prestia is like a worn down v8 motor just waiting for the next casket to break.
Dusty is got hid own issues.
Parker Flappers and Castagna skills levels aren't good enough.
The only saving grace this year is the form of Rioli and how good Big G is going to be
I'm hoping Prestia gains form. Vlas not a bad return. JR has been okay I reckon. If Dimma reckons a full list could contend then fine. HRS and Rioli down back have been good Dow also quite good. Gibcus wow. Interesting that they aren't playing Lambert in the firsts. Also no Stack. A pleasant selection surprise that Mansell, banks RCD and Bolton are first named. Maybe Graham as emergency.

I'm hoping Prestia gains form. Vlas not a bad return. JR has been okay I reckon. If Dimma reckons a full list could contend then fine. HRS and Rioli down back have been good Dow also quite good. Gibcus wow. Interesting that they aren't playing Lambert in the firsts. Also no Stack. A pleasant selection surprise that Mansell, banks RCD and Bolton are first named. Maybe Graham as emergency.
Graham needs game time……
In the twos

Miller will never be that hard nose lock down defender. At best he makes it as that third tall defender playing on smaller types or as that interceptor.

Gibcus provides that lock down ability, interceptor and creates play off half back.

In my time of watching the magoos I’ve never seen a player as lacking in confidence as Ben Miller. This new bloke lacks it but he was desperate a few times against Adelaide.

I’ve never seen that before. Miller has a hungry mouth to feed. He will get more desperate for the demotion and we’ll find out if he can play.

Nice kick in the teeth for the young fellow.

Reactions: 3 users
Miller will never be that hard nose lock down defender. At best he makes it as that third tall defender playing on smaller types or as that interceptor.

Gibcus provides that lock down ability, interceptor and creates play off half back.
To early to say after 4 games different player to Gibcus more your old fashioned defender. I don't see why he can't at 195cm plus and his quick and can read the play just needs to take a few more grabs.

No Miller never mixes with the ruckmen for an education at training. Unless your a legit 2nd ruckman, relief ruckmen are just run and jump and try to be a disrupter not too much science to them.
he's young & keen...have a go at teaching him
i dont reckon it is rocket science
whats to lose?

I can't believe Biggy wasn't picked for this game.

Dimma needs to tip Jack R out allowing Balta to play forward and Biggy can then slot into the backline.

I can't believe Biggy wasn't picked for this game.

Dimma needs to tip Jack R out allowing Balta to play forward and Biggy can then slot into the backline.
agree - jack r v dees spells disaster.
our side is screaming for young big & athletic
god forbid we pick a wildcard.