Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
For a 196cm and 93kg key position player and ruck, Miller suddenly caught the attention of AFL supporters when he ran a 2.91 second 20m sprint and 8.10 second agility test.

He's actually extremely quick for his height.
I can guarantee you that if you put the ball 20m in front of Miller and Grimes, the number 2 would have it in the change rooms before Miller realised it was gone.
Reaction time and power off the mark are so different in game time. And then there’s agility at high speeds.
Grimes is top ten in the league.
Let’s give Miller a more reasonable mentor like Tarrant to aspire to

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I can guarantee you that if you put the ball 20m in front of Miller and Grimes, the number 2 would have it in the change rooms before Miller realised it was gone.
Reaction time and power off the mark are so different in game time. And then there’s agility at high speeds.
Grimes is top ten in the league.
Let’s give Miller a more reasonable mentor like Tarrant to aspire to
And miller can move

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Geez, he’s lucky. 5 years on the list, only 8 games and still gets a 2 year extension by virtue of the fact he’s tall and can supposedly run a bit.
Who is the better option though? Or do we start again with a draftee?
Funky has shown enough for a extension I think.

It’s still unknown if he will be a long term option but he deserved another contact IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
It is, and we've been burnt before with this re Chol.
Hard one to judge. I believe Chol has family in Qld or at least did have when he was in Brisbane's Academy so being closer to them may have helped him. Along with the warmer weather and the jolt of being delisted can make players try that much harder. He may not have improved that much had he stayed with us.

Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Great news. Well deserved contract extension after improving out of sight since having a good run in the firsts. Look forward to watch his career keep going forwards with the club.
BTW, wasn't Ben on the Rookie list this year?
Just shows how some players can really show what they've got when taken out of the seconds and played in a position they like eg. Ruck, follower. Wonder if he was ever tried in the ruck in the 2nds?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Hard one to judge. I believe Chol has family in Qld or at least did have when he was in Brisbane's Academy so being closer to them may have helped him. Along with the warmer weather and the jolt of being delisted can make players try that much harder. He may not have improved that much had he stayed with us.

All true, but I get the sense continuity is a big thing with developing talls. He didn't really get that here, whereas Gold Coast have set and forget.

It's why I am happy for Gibcus to keep playing notwithstanding the drop in form. The quicker you get guys like that to 50 games, the better.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Our structure all over the ground looks a lot better with him in as a ruck / forward.

Reactions: 15 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Thought he showed a bit earlier in the year with his games as well. Well worth preserving with.
We’ve got to remove the “worth persevering with” from our vernacular.
He belongs.
It’s now more about what position he settles in.
Smart move tying him up for a further 2 years

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Gave him a bake a few weeks ago. Good again today and like him much better playing second ruck/forward.