Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Still need convincing. More please.
Absolutely. I was pleased to see he had this in him. Huge step forward. No do it again within the next three weeks. Twice in a month.

He does make it hard for Pickett to get back in because he played that third tall roll.

Reactions: 1 user
and to think 1 poster on here referenced Miller being signed for 2024 as the worst list management decision in history!! It wasn't then and it still isn't now, but the statement is looking more and more Cornes-like by the day.
Zips has disappeared since we started winning

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I just read the subject line again.

Pick 63!

I'm very bullish on this penny stock.

Felt like I was a lone voice (well there were a couple of others) calling for his inclusion after the VFL game the week before to replace Pickett where he (almost) busted it open IMO - he got clean hands to four or five in very dangerous spots (showed the best judgement and body work) but just didn't glove them. Hopefully he can put a little streak of form together.

Reactions: 4 users
If you put together a little highlights reel for Miller you'd be thinking he's the second coming of Kouta. Could be anything.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
He has a delightful shoe.
I posted last year that he was playing better with Godcus in the team. Took some risks with his kicks.
but then went back into his shell.
Think he feels more confident around the next gen.

He's a turtle. Sticks his neck out, then back to the shell.
Mutant? Yeah maybe.
Cmon its time for him to be Millerangelo!

Reactions: 1 user
The wet conditions suited him with his compete and get the ball to the ground mentality. Cox did this for a while when he was really out of form. Played the percentages.

At times it was like Miller was a defensive key forward. Let’s hope in dry conditions he can take an overhead mark.

Reactions: 3 users
The wet conditions suited him with his compete and get the ball to the ground mentality. Cox did this for a while when he was really out of form. Played the percentages.

At times it was like Miller was a defensive key forward. Let’s hope in dry conditions he can take an overhead mark.
Yes. Defensive key forward, good description. Good starting point for Ben. Don't be outmarked.

he got clean hands to four or five in very dangerous spots (showed the best judgement and body work) but just didn't glove them.

Ben has hard hands and one grab contested marks seem to escape him, (i having been saying that for a while even though I have been a fan), it is the only thing stopping him from becoming a serious player.
Is it confidence or is it technique?, well his confidence should be up after weekends performance so hopefully a better aerial threat follows.

**Miller a bit of a victim of being thrown back forward and ruck, (similar to when Balta's role was confused), has also been stiff to be dropped a couple of times too. Would like to see him have an extended run at his current role at least till Lynch returns.

Ben has hard hands and one grab contested marks seem to escape him, (i having been saying that for a while even though I have been a fan), it is the only thing stopping him from becoming a serious player.
Is it confidence or is it technique?, well his confidence should be up after weekends performance so hopefully a better aerial threat follows.

**Miller a bit of a victim of being thrown back forward and ruck, (similar to when Balta's role was confused), has also been stiff to be dropped a couple of times too. Would like to see him have an extended run at his current role at least till Lynch returns.
You watch more than me - how does he go at training?

I've certainly seen him clunk them as well but not sure what the overall trend is.

Bit like MRJ with double grabbing it too much - leading too him being under pressure on his subsequent disposal and fluffing it, a big who can't clunk the ones he needs to is usually dead in the contest that follows.

Let's hope its in the head.

You watch more than me - how does he go at training?

I've certainly seen him clunk them as well but not sure what the overall trend is.

Bit like MRJ with double grabbing it too much - leading too him being under pressure on his subsequent disposal and fluffing it, a big who can't clunk the ones he needs to is usually dead in the contest that follows.

Let's hope its in the head.

Ben does frustratingly drop or double grab even non contested overhead marks at times at training hence my hard hands or technique query.

However there was one VFL game I saw that he had about 20 possessions and marked everything but that was an outlier so far in his career but may also mean he is capable?

Reactions: 3 users
Ben does frustratingly drop or double grab even non contested overhead marks at times at training hence my hard hands or technique query.

However there was one VFL game I saw that he had about 20 possessions and marked everything but that was an outlier so far in his career but may also mean he is capable?
Great observation as you play as you practice.

Hopefully overhead one grab marking (essential for any key tall player aspiring to reach elite AFL level) is a skill that can be mastered by repetition practice. That’s Miller’s challenge.

Reactions: 1 users