Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Miller could be a great player. .he needs to become a nasty barstard...thats all.
Geez..if I was 6 5 inches..I would love to be a nasty barstard.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Miller could be a great player. .he needs to become a nasty barstard...thats all.
Geez..if I was 6 5 inches..I would love to be a nasty barstard.
Yeah, but reckon those little buggers are the real nasty bastards

Reactions: 1 user
He showed what he can do.

Was pivotal as Samson got injured and Jack tried but wasn’t his night.

Reactions: 1 user
Great performance in the wet by the big Guy also kicked 2 goals
Maybe he’s a forward

Last edited:
Now that's what we are looking for.

Will take a bit more for me to be convinced, but we saw what he is capable of and the reason we have persisted with Miller. He won't play that well every week, he will have off games, he is still young and inexperienced. But if we can see an improvement in his game when he is not playing at his best, and we can see him play his best more often, then we have a player.

DS

Reactions: 8 users
Well done, Ben. Hopefully a stepping stone. Compete. That's all. He can already do the rest.

Reactions: 5 users
Best game for the Tiges and a big step forward tonight.
It wasn’t his two (nearly three) goals that impressed, as good as they were.
It was his physical presence to fight under the high ball for best position, and then halve the contest and bring it to ground that was so important.
For once, also had some luck go his way to be in the right spots and execute, whether marking or snapping on the run, if you don’t mind.
Needs to back it up, sure - but he now has the evidence that he can hack it in the big swim.

Reactions: 6 users
He needs to believe he belongs as he has so many of the tools for a big man.

Hope tonight is another stepping stone for him as he brings so much value to our team.

Well done Ben.

Reactions: 3 users
Seemed to believe he belonged tonight. I wasn't sure about him as a forward, he had the ability just I wasn't sure he had the belief, a lot of the time he's looked like a deer in the headlights when faced with the goals, but today his 3 shots were very good. Goal from a set shot, an outstanding snap in the wet, and the 3rd just fell short (but was online) from a set shot. He could be a real weapon for us, as he's really agile and very good with the loose ball, we saw that with some of his ground ball gets and dish offs with the handball today.

Was also pleased to see him trying to chest mark it in the wet today, safest way to mark a ball in the wet is the chest mark and he adjusted to that in the 2nd half.

Excellent game from the big fella.

Reactions: 8 users
Don’t think we would have won it tonight without Ben’s contribution. He is an old favourite whom I have followed closely.

Coming of age game tonight.

Reactions: 4 users
Now that's what we are looking for.

Will take a bit more for me to be convinced, but we saw what he is capable of and the reason we have persisted with Miller. He won't play that well every week, he will have off games, he is still young and inexperienced. But if we can see an improvement in his game when he is not playing at his best, and we can see him play his best more often, then we have a player.

DS
He provided a contest every time - that’s all we want.

Reactions: 2 users