Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Massive confidence booster. Can use this game as a reference point for himself. A lot in the head for miller as he has the attributes and well above average if not elite skills for a man his size.

Reactions: 9 users
Great game. Presented so well. We almost became dependent upon him as a focal point. Well done Ben, now be consistent

Reactions: 2 users
Got every skill in his kit except overhead marking.
Improves that and he could be anything. So skilled for a big man. Hope Rutten takes him under his wing. We really need a player like Ben.

Reactions: 5 users
Got every skill in his kit except overhead marking.
Improves that and he could be anything. So skilled for a big man. Hope Rutten takes him under his wing. We really need a player like Ben.

Miller to play forward and relief ruck. He got one to Shai to night with an instinctive bit of play. He has been doing this for a while now for example in the Geelong game where he delivered goals to Shai and ? And his set shot also looks to be pretty secure.

He won’t always do as well as he did tonight but he should be an automatic choice for the next 6 weeks and then we will know.

Reactions: 7 users
For a young bloke who grew up playing footy somewhere out Kalgoorlie way, he probably never saw much rain till he came to Melbourne. Big pelican struts out on the G last night in the pissing rain and plays the game like it's dry n sunny. Skills, balance, movement, contest were all on show last night. Huge game from Funky, won't get that every week while he's still learning AFL level footy but that's the level he needs to be aiming for each game.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I’m not a Miller fan actually more of a critic, however thought Benny did all that we could of asked of him last night in conditions that didn’t suit

Reactions: 3 users
What a game for the big man. Two crucial, clutch, red time goals last night.

Skillful. Slick. Clean. Quick. Athletic. Has both vision and the composure to use it.

There are still question marks on his big man game. Pushed out a little too often. Not a clunker of the mark. We know how tough it is for big men who get pushed out to make it in the AFL. But it's not for lack of effort or commitment with him. Which means he can improve with strength and experience.

Last night he showed a lot of the people on here sooking about his inclusion that they might need a rethink on his prospects.

As an aside, it was great to see all the whipping boys last night perform. Miller, Ross, Short (who some on here still bewilderingly come for whenever we struggle).

Ludicrously, even Cotchy this year.

Reactions: 10 users
Miller to play forward and relief ruck. He got one to Shai to night with an instinctive bit of play. He has been doing this for a while now for example in the Geelong game where he delivered goals to Shai and ? And his set shot also looks to be pretty secure.

He won’t always do as well as he did tonight but he should be an automatic choice for the next 6 weeks and then we will know.
I thing I've noticed, when he gets dropped & plays in the VFL, the next game/s in AFL is vastly improved. I feel he can be a long term player, he is building.

Could not work out why he was brought back into the team. Happy to say he played a good game
I have supported Ben since he got drafted but in another posting I did question why he was picked. So glad I got it wrong again as he was about our best forward and did good things spelling Nanks in the ruck and helping out in defence. Now he has toshow all this consistently

Last edited:
Let's not forget that he's still only 23 & has only played 20 games. He's still got quite a bit of development to come imo. As we know most big guys take longer to come good.

He has the raw tools, hopefully he can refine & develop them in the next few seasons. He could finish up being quite a good player.

Reactions: 1 users
Miller running at 38% HOTA, that's fantastic for an undersized ruck. Definitely trending up, can see him playing an important role down the track.

Reactions: 7 users
and to think 1 poster on here referenced Miller being signed for 2024 as the worst list management decision in history!! It wasn't then and it still isn't now, but the statement is looking more and more Cornes-like by the day.

• Haha
Miller running at 38% HOTA, that's fantastic for an undersized ruck. Definitely trending up, can see him playing an important role down the track.
Was so noticeable Saturday night, was silver platter service.