Poll on Thursday Night Footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll on Thursday Night Footy

How Many Footy games Should Be Played on Thursday Night?

• 0-1 (Round 1 only)

Votes: 71 59.2%
  • The same as it has been in recent seasons (Approx 8-9)

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • More than it is now (as many as 18)

Votes: 31 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I had Fox Footy on during the Dogs v Swans pre-game last night and apparently the AFL are pushing for a Thursday night game almost every weekend next season (at least 18). To do this they want the AFLPA to agree to 2 x 5 day breaks per team next season.

The Fox Footy panel then went on to congratulate the AFL on this and said Thursdays are popular with the supporters.

But is that true? Do footy supporters love Thursday night footy?

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
As a neutral on TV, no issue.
If it was Richmond playing and you need to get there, preferably not (unless its a one off eg: Rd 1).

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hate Thursday night footy. Have to get home from work then to the ground early and have to go to work the next day.

This is for TV and for TV only, the crowd is only there as decoration for the TV coverage.

I can understand it from a revenue point of view but from the standpoint of going to the game I hate it.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I had Fox Footy on during the Dogs v Swans pre-game last night and apparently the AFL are pushing for a Thursday night game almost every weekend next season (at least 18). To do this they want the AFLPA to agree to 2 x 5 day breaks per team next season.

The Fox Footy panel then went on to congratulate the AFL on this and said Thursdays are popular with the supporters.

Its *smile*, but rest assured the AFL sycophants will be pushing the barrow for them

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I like footy on Thursdays.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

This proves that not only does the AFL not listen to the fans but the media don't either! For sitting at home & watching on tv it's perfect but it's a pain in the ass for those wanting to attend & some, like those who live in regional area's won't be able to attend with school night/work etc.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Not everyone works Monday to Friday. Thursday night footy is my favorite.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hate Thursday night footy. They trialled Wednesday night this year. Watch for it to become the new Thursday night. The AFL would like a game every night of the week.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
AFL makes shitloads of shekels if all the numpties are lined up on the couch night after night drooling over whatever mob happens to be running around on the T.V. Fans actually at the game n all the fripperies required to feed n entertain them come at very low profit for heaps of hard work so of *smile* all value to the AFL.

Gilligan n his mates would love it if there was no club membership n fan base to appease, just plebs watching whatever three, four or five games a week on T.V. it would create the perfect situation for them to just dole out 20 mill per club per year to all be totally equalised. No 20,000 member base for this struggling club while that power club with 100,000 members rakes in the extra money n bleats n complains about having to fund the lesser clubs through equalisation measures. No chance of any club ever disagreeing with decisions made by H.Q. when every club has to bend the knee for their equal share of the distribution.

Thurs night footy sucks for me, have to get home from work, get cleaned up n go to the game knowing I won't get home till lateish n still have to work the next day, don't get to relax n enjoy. At least with Fri night games I've got the Sat off so it's not to bad. Prefer Sat arvo or evening games n actually don't mind a Sunday arvo game. Get to veg n relax on the Sat, wander in for a leisurely Sun arvo game n still home early Sun evening in time for a quiet unwind after the game before back to work Mon.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Hmmmm, tough choice.

So I could watch 2 football teams run around in circles, bore the crap out of me due to the way the game is currently being played, and leave me feeling like I completely wasted my time.

Or

Watch MAFS, not every episode, just every Thursdays riveting offering..

Either way, we as humans who just want to be properly entertained are the losers.

Reactions: 1 user