Poll on Thursday Night Footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll on Thursday Night Footy

How Many Footy games Should Be Played on Thursday Night?

• 0-1 (Round 1 only)

Votes: 71 59.2%
  • The same as it has been in recent seasons (Approx 8-9)

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • More than it is now (as many as 18)

Votes: 31 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Somewhere in Melbourne, crazy Mick Malthouse just punched a wall.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Makes it very hard for many members to attend who are regional, have young kids or work early the next day.
The AFL doesn't care though & neither do the broadcasters.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And wait for Wednesday night to become the new Thursday in the way Thursday is becoming the new Friday.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Makes it very hard for many members to attend who are regional, have young kids or work early the next day.
Add the fact of further inconvenience to interstate members who cannot plan their travel with the current floating fixture concept now being exacerbated because of a lack of same day return travel. The implications for interstate members upon their work commitments and cost of supporting their team are obvious.

Makes you want to give up your membership subscription.

I know in my case, while I would ordinarily attend 3 or 4 president’s functions I’ve stayed away this year and most likely will continue to do so.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I like Thursday night footy when it's not RFC playing. I drink too much when we play and Fridays are never good. So my answer is sort of

• Haha

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Hate Thursday Nights especially during Winter Stupid AFL Have no idea

Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Gill must be losing the plot as his influencers have him under their spell. The norm is to have six seven day break but if you play Thursday then next game following Sunday to long. Then on the other end you might play Sunday & have to front up Thursday/Friday. Not the only issue as Gill off to USA to broker a deal for Broadcast rights. Why ?. Commission ?. Do think Gil has been an abject failure due to let the Stand, 10 metre ,deliberate out of bounds & now the Umpire abuse rules be introduced. The umpires are paid big bucks & to be offended when a player is penalised after waving his arms in disgust at a decision is just beyond belief.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Love Thursday night footy. Should be a game every week

• Angry

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Gill must be losing the plot as his influencers have him under their spell. The norm is to have six seven day break but if you play Thursday then next game following Sunday to long. Then on the other end you might play Sunday & have to front up Thursday/Friday. Not the only issue as Gill off to USA to broker a deal for Broadcast rights. Why ?. Commission ?. Do think Gil has been an abject failure due to let the Stand, 10 metre ,deliberate out of bounds & now the Umpire abuse rules be introduced. The umpires are paid big bucks & to be offended when a player is penalised after waving his arms in disgust at a decision is just beyond belief.
He's negotiating TV rights because the vast majority of revenue comes through TV rights. What do you want him to be doing?
Thursday nights are popular with the vast majority of AFL watchers. Yes, it's inconvenient for people who want to go to the game, but every time the AFL tries to up the stadium revenue through increased food or ticket prices, the same fans have a meltdown. If they can't increase revenue through attendances, then of course they're going to try and improve sponsor revenue, which means finding more eyeballs on TV.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

To be fair - it’s not that they absolutely “don’t care” - it more a question of priorities and their main priority is to grow the “business” as clubs and players will always want more money.

I‘m over 100 ks from the ‘G and if once or twice a year a Thurs night game makes it hard to get there - or even force me to stay home - I’d rather that than give a rival code like Rugby League a freebie.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Love Thursday night footy. Should be a game every week
This.

Whenever there isn't a Thursday night AFL, I watch the NRL which is on every Thursday. Going to watch the games makes it a bit of a challenge with kids schooling etc.

• Angry

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Worst part of Thursday night matches is that come the weekend it feels as if we have a bye. Discussions/analysis about Thursday night games end at about Friday 4pm.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Thursday night footy is brilliant… when it’s not us…

Well its us for 2 weeks. and tbh, i'm annoyed by the lack of outrage from Richmond supporters. Footy fans really are sheep when it comes to decisions made by city hall. We just suck it up and cop it, even if we hate it. and the AFLFA are bloody useless toothless tigers. You can include the RFC in this. Not even a public statement from the club.

I’ll bet you my left nut there will be no more than 25,000 on Thursday.

• Sad
  • Haha

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
Well its us for 2 weeks. and tbh, i'm annoyed by the lack of outrage from Richmond supporters. Footy fans really are sheep when it comes to decisions made by city hall. We just suck it up and cop it, even if we hate it. and the AFLFA are bloody useless toothless tigers. You can include the RFC in this. Not even a public statement from the club.

Fully agree I4. Also why have it during the bye rounds???

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Not everyone hates it Ian. Perhaps the lack of outrage refelcts that. You appear to be taking up the slack though.

Hopefully there'll be less violence with the numbers down, I'll be able to leave my flak vest and helmet at home.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

If todays weather keeps up, won't get half of that number.