Possible paths through the finals 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possible paths through the finals 2020

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I cannot see Port laying down against the Pies as they have that jumper feud igniting the fire between them.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
FWIW I believe we will play Brisbane in the QF but we have nothing to fear about Adelaide Oval. We have a fairly good record against them there.

2020 played once at AO, lost by 21 (I think we all know our midfield was missing some big parts to it)
2019 played twice, once at AO (won by 7) and the MCG (won by 38)
2018 played once at AO, lost by 14
2017 played once at AO (won by 13).

So over the last 4 years we have played at AO 4 times (only once at the MCG, nice balance fixture as usual) and we have won twice and lost twice and they have always been close games. Not sure why they are so confident with such a 50/50 record recently.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So over the last 4 years we have played at AO 4 times (only once at the MCG, nice balance fixture as usual) and we have won twice and lost twice and they have always been close games. Not sure why they are so confident with such a 50/50 record recently.

TBF it was fans on a forum who wanted Port to play us so effectively means nothing, we don't know what Port Power Hinkley et al are thinking. Given they are top of the ladder I'd hope they'd back themselves against anyone and not play silly buggers. I make fun of supercoach Hinkley but I don't think he's that kind of coach anyway, they'll play for the win.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not convinced Adelaide will want No1 pick, this would be their first wooden spoon, that will hurt (North have plenty!). We should beat them anyway. If we can't beat Adelaide we deserve what we get.

Not convinced Geelong will not learn from the game last week, expect improvement from them, they are a quality side. I still reckon we can beat them.

Collingwood are a chance against Port, but Port will want to win. Don't want to lose the last game even if you are on top of the ladder.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
TBF it was fans on a forum who wanted Port to play us so effectively means nothing, we don't know what Port Power Hinkley et al are thinking. Given they are top of the ladder I'd hope they'd back themselves against anyone and not play silly buggers. I make fun of supercoach Hinkley but I don't think he's that kind of coach anyway, they'll play for the win.

Reminds me of Adelaide’s attitude towards us in 2017.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The "best path" given we beat Adelaide and Port stays top means we finish 3rd and play Lions. This would mean a prelim against the Cats and a likely GF against Port unless they really screw the pooch at the AO somehow. I like this as we get to play Geelong in QLD again in the prelim. This is the most likely scenario IMO.

View attachment 10514 View attachment 10515

Turns out i was right

• Love

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looking at it practically,

If we played Brisbane in a one off game I would back us to win ,

If we played Geelong in a one off game I would back us to win ,

If we played port in a one off game I would back us to win .

This year seems more winnable to me than the previous years , (last year I feared Collingwood and west coast) but being over confident makes me feel uneasy so I’m trying not to be ,

but then when I go back to breaking it down , it really is sitting there to be won.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Biggest threats to us winning.

uncontrollables

injuries during game Or team illness
Large string of horrible umpiring decisions
other team kicks every ‘difficult‘ goal

controllables

covid breach
awful goal kicking accuracy game
tall opposition gets a hold of us On both down the line kicks AND i50 kicks

we are in great shape.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You like your own work ant?
Hope your predictions are right.
I am nervous as and we still have 2 weeks to go.

I had to say it as no-one else stepped up

Yeah, nervous is fair enough. I can see a quick path to premiership glory but there's a lot of footy to play yet.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Theoretically, as Brisbane are the 'home team/top seed' in our final, could they ask to have the game played in Adelaide or Perth, since their record against us in QLD is so *smile*?

• Wow

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Theoretically, as Brisbane are the 'home team/top seed' in our final, could they ask to have the game played in Adelaide or Perth, since their record against us in QLD is so *smile*?
Theoretically, I have no doubt they could ask .... whereupon they'd probably be told to *smile* off!

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Not sure the Qld government put on the season for the AFL just to have the local team play a home final interstate

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The way I look at it there is only one team in the 8 that I would be happy not to play - the pies - they make me very nervous as the 2018 prelim is still raw (cost us a possible 3 peat) - but then the chances of us playing them is very slim - the other 6 teams don’t worry me if we turn up to play.