Today’s scratch match | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Today’s scratch match

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Playing against the Swans.
Topped up with 5 Melbourne players.
Higgins done a calf
RCD and Markov playing well.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Playing against the Swans.
Topped up with 5 Melbourne players.
Higgins done a calf
RCD and Markov playing well.

Did Prestia play??
We have Bolton Prestia Lynch and maybe Broad to come back.
No one else will get a game.

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
Correct... Bolton, Prestia, Lynch and maybe Broad and Markov will be the only finals depth players the RFC will plumb!
No fairytale inclusions in the 2020 finals series me thinks, barring any injury concerns of course!

Reactions: 1 user

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Bad luck for Higgo but he is only up there for depth like all the others at this stage. Still don't fully understand why he was selected in 2017 draft when we already had excellent small players and his kicking is an issue.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bad luck for Higgo but he is only up there for depth like all the others at this stage. Still don't fully understand why he was selected in 2017 draft when we already had excellent small players and his kicking is an issue.

We were still recovering from 4 of the worse 'Talls' ever taken in the draft. Elton Vickery Griffens and McBean.
Because he would've taken Oscar Allen

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Bad luck for Higgins.
Confirmed.

Attachments

• DECEE745-F3F1-4426-8AE5-B5F4EC6A6F8C.jpeg
    DECEE745-F3F1-4426-8AE5-B5F4EC6A6F8C.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 130

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019

TBH though, only Tim Kelly, Oscar Allen & Liam Ryan have been noteworthy that were drafted after him. He is still a good prospect - i dont have any real resentment about him being selected

Reactions: 8 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Bad luck for Higgo but he probably wasn't in the Finals team anyway, Ppl forget he's been to hell & back so just getting on the park this yr has been an amazing achievement. Will be better with a full pre season etc next yr & beyond

Reactions: 9 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bad luck for Higgo but he probably wasn't in the Finals team anyway, Ppl forget he's been to hell & back so just getting on the park this yr has been an amazing achievement. Will be better with a full pre season etc next yr & beyond
It is worth remembering that this year hasnt been Snag's most tumultuous year..... just a recovery hub.
I cant work how where he fits in the side, but he has plenty of time on his side

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Unlucky for Higgo but he should consider this year a success and come back bigger and better

Reactions: 12 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
My feeling is that Higgo's only chance to get a regular place in the team is as a midfielder, a bit in Prestia mould. He has proven he can get the ball around the ground and his lack of leg speed hurts him as a small forward.
I'm not saying he will make it ( I have my doubts) but that's how I see him

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
My observation of higgo this year was that he needs six months in the gym to build his upper body. Needs to become another meatball and he will rack them up in the centre.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Very sad for Snags. But overall he has had a great year

We shouldn't forget it was a surprise how soon he returned to the senior side this year after life threatening illness and multiple brain surgeries. So I give him a tick for that.

He played a couple of handy games, so another tick.

The shortened quarters do not favour him either. I seem to recall he is an endurance player, rather than a fast sprinter. So we could see a bounce next year.

He is tracking well, and could come into the team next year off an almost full pre-season.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It is worth remembering that this year hasnt been Snag's most tumultuous year..... just a recovery hub.
I cant work how where he fits in the side, but he has plenty of time on his side
For sure, i not sure what kind of pre season he had either. he's done well to play so early this yr. He'll be right next yr

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d like to see Higgo have a massive pre season , shed a couple of kgs and become part of the midfield rotation next season

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
glad he got some 1sts games in this year .. good for his confidence after everything that happened ..

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
My feeling is that Higgo's only chance to get a regular place in the team is as a midfielder, a bit in Prestia mould. He has proven he can get the ball around the ground and his lack of leg speed hurts him as a small forward.
I'm not saying he will make it ( I have my doubts) but that's how I see him

I've always seen him as a midfielder. For me he's a natural replacement for Lambo.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Great effort to get back to playing top level footy.
He’d be an inspiration to his team mates.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
No way you write off Higgo. I've seen plenty of skill there and he 's a great decision maker when in form. Obviously he's been through a lot and a big pre-season may be what the doctor ordered.