Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

TigerMasochist said:
Considering Brisvegas used pick 2 for Schache and have put two years of development into him. Then I think it'd be pretty obvious they'll want some sort of reasonable return if a club poaches him.

An early first rounder plus a decent player or two late first rounders would be around the asking price, personally not sure at this stage he's worth that. But there's most of a season to go yet.

Can't for the life of me understand why they or any other club would be accepting left overs that struggle to make any impression, as some sort of compensatory " steak knives " bonus to pad out an under priced offer.

Maybe because Carlton have built a list that way :hihi

taztiger4 said:
there are whispers around that his younger brother Xavier is better than Patrick
Guess we better get on the front foot this time n look after all their requirements to ensure we get both.

This might have been covered previously but I saw an article during the week that indicates Richard Tambling has an 11 year old son (plus 2 girls who could not be eligible for the AFLW). Wonder if they play footy. Son's of fathers are not always as good their fathers, but just maybe sometimes they might be better. Will be interesting to see.

Did Tambling play enough games for us?

He may want his kids to go elsewhere, given the pressure he felt playing for us.

The_General said:
Did Tambling play enough games for us?

He may want his kids to go elsewhere, given the pressure he felt playing for us.

Yeah he did.

His son is a Tiges supporter, but yeah I did wonder if Tambling would want his kid playing for us.

My brother ran into Francis Bourke in Nathalia last weekend and had a good chat.

St Francis mentioned his Grandson as being 14 years old and already 189cm tall. Unfortunately David Bourke only played 89 games for Richmond. Maybe they need to make a special rule for 300 game players so that anyone in their family line can nominate the club or origin.

DAvid had some talent, maybe not the dedication, but definitely the talent.

frickenel said:
My brother ran into Francis Bourke in Nathalia last weekend and had a good chat.

St Francis mentioned his Grandson as being 14 years old and already 189cm tall. Unfortunately David Bourke only played 89 games for Richmond. Maybe they need to make a special rule for 300 game players so that anyone in their family line can nominate the club or origin.

Bloody hell, that'd make fourth generation if the young fella was to make it to Tigerland somehow. Doubt there'd be any other club managed that before. Frank senior, St Francis, David, junior tacker. Should be a special AFL dispensation rule invented to ensure we get the young fella, I'm sure the AFL has contingency plans in place for any time they feel the need to create a new rule.

TigerMasochist said:
I'm sure the AFL has contingency plans in place for any time they feel the need to create a new rule.

Course it does. But when was it ever applied for Richmond's benefit?

frickenel said:

The club actually encouraged David to eat some junk food in a last ditch attempt to put some meat on his bones. Apparently he is one of those lucky people who can eat whatever they like and not put on any weight. I'd love to know if he's still as skinny as a rake.

Broders said:
The club actually encouraged David to eat some junk food in a last ditch attempt to put some meat on his bones. Apparently he is one of those lucky people who can eat whatever they like and not put on any weight. I'd love to know if he's still as skinny as a rake.

http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10459-64563-6164212&sID=59050&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=5048246

Broders said:
Saw him at The London after the GF (with The Ghost) he's still pretty trim. I've known 'chicken' legs since junior school and has always been tall and lean. Nothing's changed.

mtench said:
Not sure if he's been mentioned before but Matty Knights son Zac has made the Geelong Falcons development squad.

Zac Knights will play for the Geelong Falcons next year, age 19.
Will keep an eye on him and see how he goes

se7en said:
Turner has a son. Any word on his ability?

Pretty sure his son is Paddy Turner, won the Ballarat gift, and played a few under 18 games but didn't get picked up in last years draft which he was eligible for.

Tigertool said:
Pretty sure his son is Paddy Turner, won the Ballarat gift, and played a few under 18 games but didn't get picked up in last years draft which he was eligible for.

Think you need to check that. According to this website, 2017 Gift was won by J. Nettlefold. However in the top graphic the guy winning looks a lot like he could be Scotty's son:

http://www.ballaratgift.com/index.php/history