Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Re: father sons- father sons 2011 2012 2013

Knighta said:
Weightman's sons are too small from what i have heard...
Seen them markin around a bit, always kickin a footy an rough an tough little fellas I reckon.

CC TIGER said:
Seen them markin around a bit, always kickin a footy an rough an tough little fellas I reckon.
Just like the Flea was!

Richo has been dating Genivieve for a while so I thing Liz is out of the picture.

When does father-son bidding begin? It has to be before the trade period.

I saw that there is a Montgomery, a small defender in SA.

Wonder if it's Ken Montgomery's grandson?

Although, Ken was a bit taller than this boy.

Tigertool said:
When does father-son bidding begin? It has to be before the trade period.

You've answered your own question.

Tigertool said:
But which day? I was thinking trade period starts today.
Aren't the F/S nominations finalised first thing on the first morning of trade period? Usually just a few kids up for grabs n everyone already knows the rough pecking order. Nominations would all be done in the first half hour of trade day.

Tigertool said:
But which day? I was thinking trade period starts today.

Geez try the search function or just have a look.

October 1 - Commencement of Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency period.

October 5, 2pm - Nomination of Father-Son Eligible Players and Academy Bidding Players.

October 8, 10am - Father Son Eligible Players and Academy Players Bid Meeting.

October 8 - Commencement of Trade Period.

October 19, 2pm - Deadline for GWS Giants to pre-list balance of any uncontracted players under List Establishment rules.

October 19, 5pm - Close to Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

October 23, 5pm - Trade Incentive Rule (17 year-olds). Deadline for trading.

October 26, 2pm - End of Trade Period.

October 26, 2.10pm - Trade Incentive (17 year-olds) Selection.

October 31, 2pm - List Lodgement One.

November 1 - Commencement to Delisted Player Free Agency Period.

November 13, 2pm - End to Delisted Player Free Agency Period.

November 13, 2pm - Out of Contract Listed Player Draft Nomination deadline, New Player Draft Nomination deadline.

November 13, 2pm - Deadline for Nomination of any use of 2012 GWS Giants Compensation Selections.

November 15, 2pm - List Lodgement Two.

November 16, 2pm - Delisted Player Draft Nomination deadline, Non-Retained Rookies Draft Nomination deadline, Nominated of Queensland Zone Priority Selections and Nomination of NSW/ACT Zone Priority Selections.

November 22 - NAB AFL Draft, Gold Coast Convention Centre.

November 23 - Second Delisted Player Free Agency Period commences.

November 28, 2pm - Out of Contract Listed Players Nomination deadline, International Players Nomination deadline, Players Not Registered / Played Three Years deadline, NSW Scholarship and International Scholarship Players deadline.

November 28, 5pm - Second Delisted Player Free Agency Period ends.

November 29, 2pm - List Lodgement Three.

December 4, 2pm - Delisted Player Nomination deadline.

December 4 - Deadline for GWS Giants to pre-list balance of any previously listed or previously nominated for draft players under List Establishment rules.

willo said:
Geez try the search function or just have a look.

October 1 - Commencement of Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency period.

October 5, 2pm - Nomination of Father-Son Eligible Players and Academy Bidding Players.

Thanks Willo, I looked at the important dates but couldn't see it there the first time, will need to look harder next time!

Tigertool said:
Thanks Willo, I looked at the important dates but couldn't see it there the first time, will need to look harder next time!

Must have been a big weekend ;D

Jack Viney has warned Melbourne that if they don't pick him he won't return to the club at any stage.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/jack-viney-says-melbourne-will-only-get-one-chance-to-secure-him-and-he-will-make-them-pay-if-they-dont/story-e6frf9io-1226487764727

Hopefully gets picked up before pick 9. Adds a touch more value to our pick #9 as opposed to Melbourne getting him with their 2nd rounder.

Here's hoping one of GWS or GC place a bid for him.

Matthew Knights has 3 boys I believe, eldest 11 or 12. Chris Naish nas a couple, eldest has just been awarded a footy scholarship to Ivanhoe Grammar, or similar school.

Saw Chris Naish this morning in Wang he's young bloke looks to be taller then him allready

CC TIGER said:
Saw Chris Naish this morning in Wang he's young bloke looks to be taller then him allready
How many games did naish play for the tigers?

CC TIGER said:

Wow so he's 5'3 already?

And yes he played enough games

Sintiger said:
Hard on some of those Dads .
Steve Wallis was an excellent player for the dogs, Ray Shaw was a Collingwood captain and fine player and as already mentioned John Murphy was a gun at Fitzroy, not far off his son.

But the point is largely correct. Joel Bowden was a much better player than his Dad as was Richo as 2 Tiger examples. John Scarlett was a good player but not in the same class as Matthew.

Ray Shaw was a decent player but being captain of Collingwood doesn't mean much I mean look at their current captain.

Saw Benny Gale at the zoo on Sunday, had a young fella with him, maybe 10yo, hopefully his son and a future f/son recruit...

The Flea has a couple of sons, Maurice Rioli's youngest son is about 15 and Craig Lambert has a couple of teenage sons