PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Tails said:
Charlie Spargo would be a father son for Norf, would he not?
Only if North nominate him. The only F/S nominations mentioned in an article on AFL.com are Naish, Brown (Collingwood) and Edwards (Adelaide) as a rookie.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
YinnarTiger said:
Only if North nominate him. The only F/S nominations mentioned in an article on AFL.com are Naish, Brown (Collingwood) and Edwards (Adelaide) as a rookie.
His Father did not play the 100 games needed for him to play at North

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Brodders17 said:
Pick 60- Freo
Ben Miller
Height: 196cm Weight: 98kg

Really interesting prospect, he's a bit like Esava Ratugolea in that he's undersized for a ruck but he's a freak athlete. I suspect someone will take the punt.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Port select Matthew Day with pick 62 & Brent Daniels with pick 63.

Ha. How dare you Bully. Just plucked my exact two. I’ve talked Day up on here before. I really like him at this point in the draft.

And Daniels fits the pressure small forward that everyone wants. So, to my next prospect that I think has a stack of development in him.

Jackson Ross 192cm 74kg Wingman/Medium Forward. Former tennis ace who has stared at Haileybery College as a CHF. Former tennis star who has only recently switched to the sport. Kicks the ball so well on both feet. Think Jack Gunston/Jack Watts. Will need to add kilo’s but at this point, he is definitely worth the punt.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#67 Essendon - Will Walker

There is something about this kid that i just cant put my finger on that say's just maybe he will be a player and im thinking
Stevie J / Toby Greene type player.

He is 1 of these enigmatic players that is quite then all of a sudden Bang,Bang,Bang - He has 3 goals to his name in 20 minutes
Will will become a Big Bodied mid that has a knack of kicking goals and just being at the right place at the right time and will be a work in progress but just might be the steal of the draft similar value to Jack Graham in regards to Value.

Just quietly hoping Will Walker will last to Richmond in the Rookie draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Pick 68 - Hawthorn

Kyron Hayden

Last year I was lucky enough to snare Sam Powell-Pepper for the Lions & this year I'm heading in a similar direction with Kyron Hayden. Only a couple of years ago Hayden was vying with Davies-Uniake as one of the best juniors in the land, unfortunately for the Subiaco midfielder he was struck down with osteitis pubis and missed a whole year of footy in rehabilitation. The climb back has been steady and despite his carnival being solid without being spectacular his form in the WAFL reserves has been top notch. Add the fact he broke Nick Naitanui's running vertical record with a jump of 103cm and one gets a sense of the type of impact he may have at AFL level. Hayden is also the best exponent of the Dusty Don't Argue in this year's draft class, something which makes him a tough player to pin down. If there's one area of improvement it will be building his tank and increasing his onfield minutes, something which was noticeable playing for WA. At this point in the draft he's the type of player who could reap huge rewards.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
69. The West Coast Eagles selects Ben Paton (19 years old, 185cm, 78 kg, Small Defender, Murray U/18). Paton impressed at the combine finishing 3rd in the standing vertical leap & 6th in the 20 metre sprint. Named as a defender in the All Australian side this year.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Port Ed Newman - Sandringham Dragons
You’ll have to ask the adjudicators if you can have another go at this selection. Newman isn’t nominating for the draft and will focus on his cricket.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Asked a couple of times early. North can not take Charlie Spargo under father son. Paul played less than 100 games for North