PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
You’ll have to ask the adjudicators if you can have another go at this selection. Newman isn’t nominating for the draft and will focus on his cricket.

I'll give Oldie another hit, still some decent talent left.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
toothless said:
69. The West Coast Eagles selects Ben Paton (19 years old, 185cm, 78 kg, Small Defender, Murray U/18). Paton impressed at the combine finishing 3rd in the standing vertical leap & 6th in the 20 metre sprint. Named as a defender in the All Australian side this year.

Great pick. Think this lad can be your modern defender who takes the game on.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:
Great pick. Think this lad can be your modern defender who takes the game on.

Agree, played really well in the VFL just to add to his AA selection. 75% efficiency which is what you want from rebounder.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
toothless said:
Any chance we’ll go to the rookie draft after this?

Don't think we'll get the numbers to be honest, but if you want to use a 5th & 6th round selection then fire away.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
One thing I've noticed in this draft after 50 there is a lot of good speculative talent that will flow through to the rookie draft.

Even tho we are premiers, we can still add talent after our first three picks.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There are still a couple I'd be happy to take here. In the real world, this pick would be dependent on interviews and the big city/cold climate adjustment factors, but in the fantasy world we have no such issues. This kid has a heap of talent, pace and goal sense. He only played his first game of organised footy at 17 and duly won the NTFL rising star award. After a second year in the NTFL, this year he joined the NT Thunder and won the NEAFL rising star award with 32 goals from 11 games. He also represented the Allies at the under-18 champs as an overager. He steps up to every level he's exposed to and we at Carlton are hopeful he joins Sam Petrevski-Seton and Jarrod Pickett as the third arm of the Three Amigos Part II (get your own collective nicknames, Richmond!).

Pick 73 - Adam Sambono.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Pick 75. Hawthorn

Mitch Crowden

With smalls being the flavour of the month I think the 170-175cm players have a reasonable shot at getting drafted - provided they possess speed, agility, a good tank & decent disposal. I'm still unsure how Crowden will be viewed by those calling the shots, he didn't make the cut for the national combine, but when I look at his state testing it's very clear he ticks all the boxes above. First of all he's quick, his 2.92sec/20 metre makes him one of the fastest players in the pool. Also having registered 8.26 seconds in the agility test he's comfortably entrenched at the top end of the pool. The tank is good & quite surprisingly he can jump despite his bulky frame. Measuring 175cm he's also the same height as Charlie Spargo so if we're comparing apples with apples he should be in the conversation as a late/rookie pick. As for his game, his left foot reminds me a lot of Daniel Rich, something which has been used to great effect at senior level. At the end of the day if a club is keen on adopting the Richmond premiership template they should be giving serious consideration to Crowden.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gold Coast.

Brisbane lured Jack Paine up here from Collingwood but he wasn’t up to it.

GCS hope for better luck in drafting Jack Payne, a 195cm kpd. Brisbane Lions: Jack Payne — A tall yet quick defender who isn’t afraid to provide his team with drive, averaging 116.2 ranking points.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Bullus i would like to Use picks #74 & #92 as Rookie draft picks if thats possible in reference to what you commented earlier - Think its a good idea to showcase some talent still remaining .

#74 - Richmond football club select
Joel Amartey 196cm 86kgs
20mtr 3.03

Versatile big man that can play Foward & Ruck, Project player with massive upside

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Bullus i would like to Use picks #74 & #92 as Rookie draft picks if thats possible in reference to what you commented earlier - Think its a good idea to showcase some talent still remaining .

#74 - Richmond football club select
Joel Amartey 196cm 86kgs
20mtr 3.03

Versatile big man that can play Foward & Ruck, Project player with massive upside

Ok, I'll mark it as rookie.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Sorry down on the farm. I think my picks are done. Didn't Adelaide upgrade a rookie with this pick or something? If not, I delegate to you bully