PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
FREMANTLE

2. Paddy Dow- pick 3
5. Andrew Brayshaw- pick 2
42. Andrew McPherson- pick 40
60. Ben Miller- pick 64
66. Roughsedge- N/A
71. Haiden Schloithe- N/A
79. Scott Jones- pick 75
83. Jye Bolton- N/A

Not too bad. 2 of the 3 that werent picked should go in the rookie draft.
one was picked by the best recruiters in the league
and 3 went earlier than i picked them.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Geelong

22. Ling (14)
24. Garner (60)
35 Clavarino (35)
58 Spargo (29)
72 McLean (-)
91 Collins (-)

Certainly a mixed bag there - two I got at a bargain price (Ling & Spargo), one I massively over-paid for (Garner) and one that I got spot on (Clavarino - though he ended up at the Saints as their Naish bid pushed their pick back one).

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Adelaide

13 Jack Higgins, Drafted at 17 by the mighty TIGERS!
39 Zac Bailey, Drafted at 15 by brisbane

Nailed the crap out of it, quality, not quantity 8-

(Adelaide actually drafted Darcy Fogarty at 12, and Andrew McPerson at 40)

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
tigersnake said:
Adelaide

13 Jack Higgins, Drafted at 17 by the mighty TIGERS!
39 Zac Bailey, Drafted at 15 by brisbane

Nailed the crap out of it, quality, not quantity 8-

(Adelaide actually drafted Darcy Fogarty at 12, and Andrew McPerson at 40)

Adelaide absolutely nailed the crap out of Darcy Fogarty. Outrageous confidence and attack on the ball whether in the air or on the ground for an 18 year old. Threw Grimes around like a rag dole

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He was exactly the player that Collingwood needed and will regret not taking Fogarty imo, Wish he was available at #17 for Richmond kid has alot of tricks

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Blind Turn said:
And did l mention his leg?

He had 7 touches and gave away 3 dumb frees, and should have been pinged for throwing Grimes out of the way for a 4th which got him a goal.

Massive overreaction to his game, based on aggression and size. May struggle with the games running demands at his size.

Have a look at how Hawkins has struggled the last few years.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
MD Jazz said:
He had 7 touches and gave away 3 dumb frees, and should have been pinged for throwing Grimes out of the way for a 4th which got him a goal.

Massive overreaction to his game, based on aggression and size. May struggle with the games running demands at his size.

Have a look at how Hawkins has struggled the last few years.

I get it MD. You don't like opposition players. I see an 18 yr old in his first 2 games splitting packs and attacking the ball in the air like a young Wayne Carey. Rare confidence.
You see a kid in an opposition jumper. Time will tell but no over reaction. Just an observation of a 2nd game tall

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
bullus_hit said:
Rayner was just shy of being 2 minutes slower than the winner of the 2km time trial. A big worry, the only bloke I can recall who's come back from that has been Eddie Betts.

Got a bit of clarification on the Stephenson heart condition and he's been cleared. I'm detecting smoke signals in an effort to force him down the order.

Charlie Constable will be the big slider in my opinion, his tank is poor and his speed is poor. High chance of being an outright bust.

Interesting to read young Charlie had 31 disposals running around in the 2s for Geelong over the weekend. Great numbers for a guy who tested so badly

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Blind Turn said:
Adelaide absolutely nailed the crap out of Darcy Fogarty. Outrageous confidence and attack on the ball whether in the air or on the ground for an 18 year old. Threw Grimes around like a rag dole

Saints happy they picked up Darcy. Plug and play player. Even if we do think he's a *smile* and will get decked if he keeps up his current antics

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Blind Turn said:
I get it MD. You don't like opposition players.

No you don’t. I don’t like opposition players? You get it?

Please refrain from *smile*.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
Tigertool said:
Ordinary. Nothing wrong with MD's opinion, BT.

Just seemed very negative towards a young player who shows confidence.
Would the commentary be the same if he was ours?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Blind Turn said:
Interesting to read young Charlie had 31 disposals running around in the 2s for Geelong over the weekend. Great numbers for a guy who tested so badly

In the end I actually had him pegged 1 place higher than his eventual position, so certainly got the risk factored in on draft day. One player who had similar poor aerobic capacity was Cripps & that hasn't hurt in the long run. Don't think Constable is in that league, he's not a contested beast, more an accumulator. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the pace of AFL.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Blind Turn said:
Just seemed very negative towards a young player who shows confidence.
Would the commentary be the same if he was ours?

No, just surprised at the overhyped carry on. He’s big and aggressive. Terrific. Just found the commentary annoying given the reality was he was more a liability than anything.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
MD Jazz said:
No, just surprised at the overhyped carry on. He’s big and aggressive. Terrific. Just found the commentary annoying given the reality was he was more a liability than anything.

Not a problem MD. Didn't mean to make my response personal.
Saying that I totally disagree he was a liability. I was there in Adelaide and can categorically state that he had a menacing presence and had some of our players looking side ways. We haven't had a tall like that since Stafford. Unlike the soft efforts by Walker, Jenkins and Lynch in the G.F, he wont let players park in font of him without paying the price. Vlas and Lambert might have had different afternoons if he was around.
In saying that he's 18 and has only just started. Like what I've seen so far but long way to go

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Blind Turn said:

Agree, looks like like a young Jon Brown, except more so than young Jon Brown did ;D

E

easy_tiger

Blind Turn said:

agree. I texted my Adelaide Hall of Fame mate and said

'Fogarty is more jon brown than jon brown. Except I never hated Jon Brown, but I hate Fogarty. Well done'

he's a man of few words, and replied

'yeah'

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Some great footage of Max King last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRzB8VJhzfk

Mobility off the charts.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Fogarty pretty much played Townsend’s role & that was to disrupt our intercept defenders. He got away with a fair bit of physicality that likely should have resulted in free kicks but then so does our lad. Was a lot to like if you’re a Crows fan but I hated him.