PRE Player President positions now vacant and open for election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Player President positions now vacant and open for election

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007
i am sure some one will snap him up quick smart...

now for my dumb arse question of the day...what exactly do i have to do as VP of Chris Newman?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ronni the job description is explained in the first post of the thread (page 1)

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007
thanks rosy..:) i read that before i posted that latest post...but i mean what EXACTLY do we do? its easy enough to post bits of info about the player etc but it seems there is more than that involved if people are wondering if they have time to fulfil the position..what do we need time to do?

sorry to bother you but i would like a more detailed explanation from someone who has done this before..maybe someone can tell me about their player last year ?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's really just as described Ronni.  Fly the flag for your player if he's being given a hard time.  Post about the good things he does.  The idea of the Player Presidency is to support the player in any way you like.  There really aren't any rules or time restraints.  Some get right into it, others don't bother much. 

Some things I've done for my players over the years are to arrange q&a's with PREnders, provide a bit of inside info where appropriate, correct inaccurate comments, report on form, injury, mention birthday, post newspaper articles about them, send a card and comments from PREnders if they have a bad injury, keep track of them at Coburg (if applicable).  I've probably thrown in an odd poem or two, mentioned off-field stuff like charity work, visits to hospitals, time trial results etc etc etc.

Some start a Presidency thread on their player and update it throughout the year.  It's probably a good idea if we all do that this year so there is a thread devoted to each player.

It's also a good idea to acknowledge your player in your signature so people know who the presidents and vps are if they want to contact you with some info.

chislop

I AM a llama!
Nov 11, 2003
I'll take Bowdo's presidency if its still going (and I live in Canberra but it doesn't hurt a bit ;D).

St. Jude

All is not lost...
Jun 1, 2005
Darley
Heya rosy,

If it's still available I'd love to back you up as the VP of Mitch Moreton

Really looking forward to seeing what the kid can do!!

chislop

I AM a llama!
Nov 11, 2003
rosy23 said:
Sorry about the delay GT and nige. All finalised now. :)

Many thanks Rosy, I like to be President of one of our finer looking lads and I dont think that Bowdo is far behind the Dunc in the eye candy category. :-* >:D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Fly the flag for your player if he's being given a hard time. Post about the good things he does. The idea of the Player Presidency is to support the player in any way you like. There really aren't any rules or time restraints.

Hence why i turned down the offer to be Tivendale or Hydes prez last year ;)

But i did take on my boy Willy T and must say got him coming along in leaps and bounds too.

;D ;D

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
craig said:
Hence why i turned down the offer to be Tivendale or Hydes prez last year ;)

But i did take on my boy Willy T and must say got him coming along in leaps and bounds too.

;D ;D
Why don't you take Pettifer Craig?

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
ive been looking for a player who i wont rip into alas i cant find one. ah well so much for the bright and fluffy threads.
im looking forward to the debates with one and all. ;)

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
craig said:

;D ;D

I'm happy to be carrying the flag in 08 Craig. Feel free to chime in with your support again this year whenever you feel necessary. I've got a suspicion he'll be an easy one to praise this year.

davidrodan

Cursed?
Oct 25, 2005
Cmon guys and gals
Danny 'boy' Meyer needs a vice as his president is a dud hack that can barely
string a few meaningful sentances together let alone defend the boy

'Do it for Danny'

andykellaway

Tiger Cub
Jun 15, 2007
Is it my imagination or is Danny M a dead ringer for Shawn Tait? Both from SA.

Perhaps other similarities based on recents events in Perth...

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Freezer said:
I'm happy to be carrying the flag in 08 Craig. Feel free to chime in with your support again this year whenever you feel necessary. I've got a suspicion he'll be an easy one to praise this year.

Am sure you will do fine Freezer, Willy T aint hard work.

Am happy to pass you the baton my dear sir.

Good work.