Prelim Final 2......the other game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final 2......the other game

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I think the umpires are still on the field looking for another Brisbane player to receive a free.

Brisbane were flattered by inconsistent umpiring and Geelong inaccuracy. When the hype doesn’t match the skills you are in trouble. Brisbane and Port had the armchair ride all the way to the Grand Final in the COVID Cup and both choked.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see them drop at least into the bottom half of the eight next season.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Expect some commentary around that the top 2, and those that win the Qualifying finals not getting enough advantage in the current finals format include that the bye disadvantages the top 2 teams. In that way it is good that Geel won
Really don’t get this line of thought. In 5 years of the bye the team that has won a QF has won the flag. Bulldogs in 2016 and either us or Geelong the exceptions.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Happy when they win.
Absolute grump when Geelong lose

Reactions: 3 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Actually, the AFL has finally achieved its dream. There are two interstate teams in the Grand Final. They thought it would never happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That is certainly true now, but hasn't always been magnaminous or charitable.
I think it’s a calculated ploy by him.
Yes he is polite this year in his pressers, forthright, honest and expansive but mark my words you only had to see him last week before the game against the Pies and after their win tonight with Dangerfield.

He complimented us but deep down their is history between him and Hardwick. There is dislike towards us.
The last three years he has dismissed us and shown little respect towards us.
What he said tonight ‘pumping us up’ believe me it wouldn’t be that way behind closed doors.

He doesn’t want to give us any ammunition as in previous years.

He is ‘smug’.

Hope we belt them.
Will be won in the midfield. Our new adjustment in clearance & contested work has given us a new dimension.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
For a bloke that reckons he dosent know much about what the opposition are doing, he just reeled out how many times we have played at the Gabba and that we have performed better at Metricon.
He even remembered the Sydney game.
The guy is a weed.
A nice slapping next week.
We make me the happiest bloke on this planet.
Geelong game tonight was easier then last week's game.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Really don’t get this line of thought. In 5 years of the bye the team that has won a QF has won the flag. Bulldogs in 2016 and either us or Geelong the exceptions.

Darren Parkin

@Darren_Parkin

Since the introduction of the pre finals bye the teams that have won the qualifying final and had the week off are now 4 wins and 6 losses. They were 17-1 in the 9 years before that. Big deal, small deal, no deal?

It's started.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Scott knows this is it.
He will throw everything at us.
But seriously how many duds can you play in a GF?
Dalhouse
Miers
Rohan
Colojazzini
Henry
Henderson
Stanley

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
$500000000 bucks bucket brain puts Guthrie onto Dusty?
How many times do we have to slapped them??

• Haha

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
For a bloke that reckons he dosent know much about what the opposition are doing, he just reeled out how many times we have played at the Gabba and that we have performed better at Metricon.
He even remembered the Sydney game.
The guy is a weed.
A nice slapping next week.
We make me the happiest bloke on this planet.
Geelong game tonight was easier then last week's game.
Hope so Zips.

Their last two finals were ‘witches hat’ type football. Bruise free.

The week before against PA , that is what they should expect.

I hope so.
Selections will be critical on how we go against the Cats.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Geez , we must be flying, even my rusted on Brisbane (Fitzroy) mates have let me know they hope the cats get up next week.

Good to be hated. *smile* them all.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I know people don't like Chris Scott but he is excellent in a press conference.

Expansive, polite, thoughtful and tries to give genuine answers to every question.

I thought his press conference was good and I think he's actually a good pollie in a way. He's trying to deflect onto us. The comment that he made about "hoping they can play at our level" was clearly to push pressure onto us. He knows the media narrative will be about Ablett and Danger this week so he wants the pressure for the game on us.

Seemed fairly complimentary about us throughout today.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I know people don't like Chris Scott but he is excellent in a press conference.

Expansive, polite, thoughtful and tries to give genuine answers to every question.

he's much improved in this regard this year. I thought Hinkley was very good last night as well.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
he's much improved in this regard this year. I thought Hinkley was very good last night as well.

I'm telling you, Grigg is there as a Development Coach for Scott. Grigg's role there is to help appear more likable.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
@rohan_connolly

OK, we'll talk about it again tonight on FOOTYOLOGY FINAL SIREN, but consider stats. Prior to the pre-finals bye, QF winners won 17/18 prelim finals. Since? This will make it just 4/10. That's a pretty dramatic reversal, no? Surely AFL has to discuss it? #AFLLionsCats #AFLFinals

Rohan Connolly on the case now

• Wow