Prelim Umpiring | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Umpiring

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought there were some shocking decisions (and non-decisions) this game particularly against the Tigers. I'll start with Geelong's first goal, a snap by Ablett. How Grimes didn't get a free against Henderson who had his back to the ball and basically man-handling Grimes on the goal line I'll never know

2019-09-21_10-19-35.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Easy answer - Chamberpot wud have been controlling umpire at this time...

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Surely Razor and Ryan cannot get the GF - they have been part of a shocking crew two weeks in a row.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Kelly's goal start of 2nd quarter - Henderson again grabbing Grimes & pulled him down

2019-09-21_11-07-24.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

gsta12

Roar Power
Mar 19, 2003
And not to mention the free to Dangerflop and then later Lynch not getting a clear 50!!

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
I'm generally not too bothered by the umpiring at games (arguably in a minority here), but yeah, it seemed excruciatingly biased last night. Couldn't believe the amount of throws that weren't called (including a few from us, but many more from Geelong).

It felt like a few calls only went our way in the final five minutes when the game was done.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
This one was total BS in the 2nd. Baker great body work & Miers paid in the back for a clear dive. Luckily only resulted in a behind for Geelong.

2019-09-21_11-16-49.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The throw is alive and kicking. Selwood did 2 and Dangerfield 1 where they clearly threw it over their heads. Diabolical that they allow it.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
13.30 left on the clock 2nd quarter, ump plucks out a ruck free to Stanley against Soldo for holding. They were both grappling. These ruck infringements annoy me the most. They are so inconsistent. Unless it's obvious just let the bloody thing go.

Reactions: 1 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Thought there were some shocking decisions (and non-decisions) this game particularly against the Tigers. I'll start with Geelong's first goal, a snap by Ablett. How Grimes didn't get a free against Henderson who had his back to the ball and basically man-handling Grimes on the goal line I'll never know

View attachment 8999
I mentioned this straight away when it happened and even the Geelong guy in front on me agreed. No eyes for the ball whatsoever.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Grimes was held all night. It was clearly a tactic last night. Don’t think we will be going and complaining to the umpiring department however.

The no 50 to Lynch was inexcusable. It was the most obvious call. Lynch was also held all nigh but was sting enough to mark it anyway!

I thought we had a bad run in ‘17 but come finals time they came good. This year has been horrible.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ok the Dangerfield one with 30 seconds on the clock was the biggest load of cr@p I've ever seen. #1 Dangerfield played the free, it wasn't in the back. 2nd Houli also was given a slight tap in the back. #3 The ump came in and you can clearly hear him say PUSH...but he didn't nominate a player at all as they normally do. Houli thought it was his, he even went to chase the ball. Cotch gave it to him and ump paid 50metres. Free goal to them. That was atrocious. Actually angry looking at it now. Incompetence.

Then can hear Razor explain his reasoning on the goal line to Astbury, he said he blew the whistle twice. Yeah he did about 1 second apart. Didn't explain a thing.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
It felt like a few calls only went our way in the final five minutes when the game was done.

Same here.
We got a couple of frees that we normally do not get.
I looked at the scoreboard ....sure enough it was a probable Richmond win ..... and therefore umpire even up the stats time.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
3rd quarter 14:20 to go Menengola paid a mark for a ball that went maybe 5 metres...lol...what a joke...was about to be tackled by Bolton

EJC

Tiger Rookie
Dec 1, 2010
Ballarat
The Dangerfield dive was disappointing - he's too good a player to indulge in staging - but yes, the inevitable Razor Ray histrionics that followed, resulting in the gimme goal, added the extra layer of mayo. A total lack of feel for the moment and the game. As Ling said in the commentary box, you wouldn't want to see a prelim decided by a decision like that.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Untouchable Ablett was given an eternity to get rid of this one with a grubber kick. after trying to break the tackle.

2019-09-21_13-11-27.jpg

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The Dumpiring is just rigged against it. It's past obvious. I put it down to the AFL wanting to even games up so we cannot run away with them. It's all about close matches, keeping the TV audience, keeping tension and games alive as long as possible. Organised to prevent any blow-outs.
I loathe it but have almost come to accept it; we have to win in spite of the prejudiced umpiring. It just disgusts me really but you just see how contrived and corrupt the very commercially driven AFLCorp is. Scared for what we'll cop if, as expected, we play the Pies.
We could well have a flag ripped off us if it's close, or manufactured to be.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

View attachment 8999
A clear free kick. Yet again no comment made by any 7 commentator :rolleyes: