Preliminary final opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preliminary final opponent

Preliminary final opponent

• Geelong

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • WC Eagles

Votes: 32 36.8%

• Total voters

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Beating Geelong and Collingwood to win a flag would be a dream run come true for mine.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
so over the last 10 weeks we’ve beaten 4 current finals rivals.
We haven’t beaten the cats in this time.
Because I like to collect the whole set I want us to get and beat Geelong.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
If our opponent ends up being WC, it would mean they would’ve had to travel across the country twice in a 7 day period. By the time we play them in the PF, they would have to be totally knackered.
Either way I’m not worried about any of these teams in the slightest.

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If our opponent ends up being WC, it would mean they would’ve had to travel across the country twice in a 7 day period. By the time we play them in the PF, they would have to be totally knackered.

my sentiments exactly. i slightly prefer Geelong because of our tough game against the eagles a few weeks ago. But in all honesty, I am OK with whoever we play. Geelong is the weaker team but never an easy opponent for us. And the thought of 90,000 screaming Tiger fans against the team with the biggest home ground advanatge in footy sounds mighty juicy to me. and having to travel to Melbourne in consecutive weeks will have to hurt them somewhat.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

hadn't thought of the that.

Cats seem to play The G like they've been playing indoor cricket all season, and are less physical than WC. Plus we would get to see Scott's felatio-face

so I want them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I’m expecting it to be the Cats.

My reasoning is they will not make the same mistake not playing Stanley. They need to as WC have Nicnack Paddywack back.

Pole vaulter back.
Fijian up forward.
Gazza will not have a poor one two weeks running.
Dangerman again will play a blinder and watch Scott copy a bit of our game where Dusty was played predominately forward.
They lose Duncan & The Redhead.

Plus I’m basing it too on the LWLWL record so based on that a W ????

It will not be easy.
If the Cats just bomb it forward WC will just pick them off.
WC midfield is bloody good so maximising Danger with mins forward will be critical.

What do I know.
WC May give them a smashing.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I’m expecting it to be the Cats.

me too.

we can't get carried away with WC form. It was Essendon in Perth.

I think the Cats are pretty underwhelming, but I expect them to play their GF this week

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Not sure who i want to win , but as long as they bash each other up. On one hand it would be good to play the Eagles & have 95% crown domination, oh wait it would be the same against the Cats as well.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
me too.

I think the Cats are pretty underwhelming, but I expect them to play their GF this week

Hope so, would love to play Cats in Prelim.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
me too.

Yep West Coast did nothing more than I expected them to do; beat up on a really *smile* finals side in a home final.

Essendon is seriously rubbish.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We want the Cats

We will probably get the Coasters.

I would just love to beat Geelong in a Prelim just to see Scott *smile* and moan and for no other eason, he is a first class wanker.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Basically all I want next Friday night is, they both go and smash each other.
I want a wet track, I want hits and bumps. I want reports. I want hammys,
And then the week after we will slapped them

This I like this idea.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think West Coast match up against us better than Geelong. Their forward line is potent and if Kennedy builds on the form of last week it will be a difficult game for us. I think we'll be playing West Coast. Geelong have been very ordinary the back half of the season. They relied on Hawkins earlier in the season and he is totally out of form atm. Feel confident anyway. Thought our last game against West Coast was more one sided than the final result showed and I think we're a stronger team now thean when we played them then.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Is there any confirmation of whether our game will be the Friday or Saturday and what time?
Friday seems the logical due to our opponents playing this Friday , the Brisbane GWS game is Sat .

plus we are ranked higher than Collingwood so deserve the extra day more than them,

in saying all that, its probably saturday :)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not fussed at all, both sides are bloody good on there day and both can be average, if we are on we can beat either team