There is a coaching master mind at the club, but who is it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

There is a coaching master mind at the club, but who is it?

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
In 2017 we won the flag with a high pressure defensive game and a small ball forward line - both were unique. In 2018 it was clear we adopted different but very systematic structure - that won us the minor premiership, but ultimately fell short in the PF. In 2019 our game plan evolved dramatically again, using the corridor on offence and winning big games despite losing virtually every key metric.

It seems we have a coaching savant at our club to be able to change our game plan like this every year and stay ahead of the pack. I love Hardwick, but is it him? I thought it was Caracella, but if it truly was - we would of moved heaven and earth to keep him.

Someone must know, thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
The greatest thing Hardwick has learned is how to maximise the strengths of his playing list.

Whoever drives campaign tactics is clearly elite, but Hardwick has become an elite head coach. No question.

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It seems we have a coaching savant at our club

Not many people know that Dimma is synaesthetic

He hears and smells and feels and tastes in black and yellow

Richmond is a perfect multi-sensory symphony to him.

it's why he doesn't eat seafood.

take a look at some old footage of him playing at Essendon and Port, and you'll notice he played with nose and ear plugs, always had a Kool mint in his mouth and always kicked to space.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
In 2017 we won the flag with a high pressure defensive game and a small ball forward line - both were unique. In 2018 it was clear we adopted different but very systematic structure - that won us the minor premiership, but ultimately fell short in the PF. In 2019 our game plan evolved dramatically again, using the corridor on offence and winning big games despite losing virtually every key metric.

It seems we have a coaching savant at our club to be able to change our game plan like this every year and stay ahead of the pack. I love Hardwick, but is it him? I thought it was Caracella, but if it truly was - we would of moved heaven and earth to keep him.

Someone must know, thoughts?

Apparently Clarkson talks in his sleep!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The greatest thing Hardwick has learned is how to maximise the strengths of his playing list.

Whoever drives campaign tactics is clearly elite, but Hardwick has become an elite head coach. No question.
Should we go on to win it he should be mentioned as such in the media, given our injury toll this yr & being written off by all & sundry at least twice it'd be a remarkable achievement.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well we have Leppa doing backline, Kingsley doing mids/ Stoppages Caracella does transition, not sure who does the Forwards perhaps someone can elighten me

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
The connection of the players helps the coaches messages being followed.
The confidence given to the players makes the job easier. The fact that the players follow direction and don't deviate is a big key.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dimma's run different game styles many times over the years, with varying measures of success. Perhaps he's learnt to adapt the game plan to suit the players recruiting have supplied him with. Rather than trying to adapt the players to suit his game plans.
Don't really care, love the way we've been playing footy in recent years. I'll let others go purple in the brain fart trying to work out what's going on. I'll just sit back n enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Richmond 2019 coaching structure:
Senior coach: Damien Hardwick named Coach 27/08/2009
Head of Coaching and Football Performance: Tim Livingstone
Assistant coach, forwards: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, backline: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, offensive: Blake Caracella
VFL and development coach (forwards): Craig McRae
Development coach and VFL midfield: Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Richmond 2019 coaching structure:
Senior coach: Damien Hardwick named Coach 27/08/2009
Head of Coaching and Football Performance: Tim Livingstone
Assistant coach, forwards: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, backline: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, offensive: Blake Caracella
VFL and development coach (forwards): Craig McRae
Development coach and VFL midfield: Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson
I think Caracella is the weak link, I’d move him on at seasons end ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users