Preliminary final opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preliminary final opponent

Preliminary final opponent

• Geelong

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • WC Eagles

Votes: 32 36.8%

• Total voters

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If that happens I reckon Brisbane v Collingwood would be a very interesting match up. I can see Brisbane winning that. If that happens do we really have to play them a third time? Geez, haven't we already proved we can beat them ;)

DS

Collingwood would be favourites at the G, but the Lions not without a chance.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
If we had to play Brisbane again , their players would be thinking - no that isn’t fair

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
GWS are flakes. Good/bad on a particular day, who knows.

Brisbane are honest but inexperienced. Their tall forwards are a worry.

Geelong - meh. Even with Dangerfield they can't win consistently.

WCE - genuine threat. At their best can beat anyone, even us.

Collingwood - a threat, but less worried about them than the Eagles. I think we can hold them, especially without De Stoppy

It will be a Tiges/Pies 1980 GF reboot

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Hardest match will be the next one versus West Coast. Have to negate Natanui & West Coast midfield. Best West Coast & we win the whole thing. If Stack is fit, has to play - most likely instead of Ellis

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
History is on the side from the top 4 that loses the first week, to bounce back week 2 ,

Happens more than the other way around, we will see I guess

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Would much prefer to play Geelong in the Prelim but can't see them beating anyone, let alone WCE

the more I think about it, the more im prepared to stake my reputation (albeit for *smile*), on us playing Cats in the prelim.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
the more I think about it, the more im prepared to stake my reputation (albeit for *smile*), on us playing Cats in the prelim.

Hope you are right! Fits with the WLWLW pattern if nothing else

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I back us in against either but i'd love to knock the Cats out. Thier fans were giving it to some of us walking out of the ground after they belted our VFL side, they were carrying on like they'd won the bloody flag.

Reactions: 1 users