Premier League 2022/2023/2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024

78 Argentina World Cup.

View attachment 18646
One of the greatest mysteries is why ANY SCOTTISH Team have never made it out of the Group Stages at the World Cup? :confused:

That '78 team they had expectations to win it and when you start with a silly 3-1 loss to Peru, a rubbish draw against Iran 1-1 and then beat the World Cup Runners-Up that year in your last game Netherlands 3-2, that's just confusing results man :(

I'll have a go at them from left to right - Asa Hartford 1, Willie Donachie 2, Tom Forsyth 3, Martin Buchan 4, Joe Jordan 5, Graeme Souness 6, Kenny Dalglish 7, Archie Gemmill 8, Stuart Kennedy, 9, Alan Rough 10, Bruce Rioch 11 (C)

Find it hard for 3, 4 & 5 they could be back to front!! :LOL: But been a long time man, that team should have done better :(

Reactions: 1 user
One of the greatest mysteries is why ANY SCOTTISH Team have never made it out of the Group Stages at the World Cup? :confused:

That '78 team they had expectations to win it and when you start with a silly 3-1 loss to Peru, a rubbish draw against Iran 1-1 and then beat the World Cup Runners-Up that year in your last game Netherlands 3-2, that's just confusing results man :(

I'll have a go at them from left to right - Asa Hartford 1, Willie Donachie 2, Tom Forsyth 3, Martin Buchan 4, Joe Jordan 5, Graeme Souness 6, Kenny Dalglish 7, Archie Gemmill 8, Stuart Kennedy, 9, Alan Rough 10, Bruce Rioch 11 (C)

Find it hard for 3, 4 & 5 they could be back to front!! :LOL: But been a long time man, that team should have done better :(
Not a bad effort.

Martin Buchan is 3. Tom Forsyth 4 and Joe Jordan 5.

Not sure why McQueen, Jardine and Macari aren’t in that line up. McGrain was a massive loss. He was the spiritual leader of that side.

Not a bad effort.

Martin Buchan is 3. Tom Forsyth 4 and Joe Jordan 5.

Not sure why McQueen, Jardine and Macari aren’t in that line up. McGrain was a massive loss. He was the spiritual leader of that side.

Yeah Jordan I thought was alright, not really a big fan of McQueen to be honest and Macari a bit the same.

McGrain missed the World Cup it with an injury, but saw him the year before when the Glasgow Celtic came here in '77 at Olympic Park , beat Red Star Belgrade 2-0 in the final man :eyes

Damn that was a mad tournament looking back - Arsenal were here, Celtic, Red Star, the Socceroos.

The players George Armstrong, Pat Rice, Liam Brady, goalie Joe Rimmer, Martin O'Leary, Malcolm MacDonald man, Glenn Rix, McGrain, Bobby Lennox, the Aussies Pat Reilly, Jimmy Rooney, Kpsmona, Peter Ollerton, John Nyskohus, wow and the big reputation on all the 'vics' for Red Star Belgrade - Stojanovic, Jovanovic, Savic, Susic, Bogicevic, we should have jumped on-board with them being fellow VICtorians :LOL:

1680090915878.png

1680091074308.png

Yeah Jordan I thought was alright, not really a big fan of McQueen to be honest and Macari a bit the same.

McGrain missed the World Cup it with an injury, but saw him the year before when the Glasgow Celtic came here in '77 at Olympic Park , beat Red Star Belgrade 2-0 in the final man :eyes

Damn that was a mad tournament looking back - Arsenal were here, Celtic, Red Star, the Socceroos.

The players George Armstrong, Pat Rice, Liam Brady, goalie Joe Rimmer, Martin O'Leary, Malcolm MacDonald man, Glenn Rix, McGrain, Bobby Lennox, the Aussies Pat Reilly, Jimmy Rooney, Kpsmona, Peter Ollerton, John Nyskohus, wow and the big reputation on all the 'vics' for Red Star Belgrade - Stojanovic, Jovanovic, Savic, Susic, Bogicevic, we should have jumped on-board with them being fellow VICtorians :LOL:

View attachment 18648

View attachment 18650
McQueen was a very good centre back. Over 300 games for Leeds and United. His height and aggression was his strengths. He too was injured in 78. Joe Jordan was nasty too. Macari was quick and broke defenses. Over 300 games for United.

McQueen was a very good centre back. Over 300 games for Leeds and United. His height and aggression was his strengths. He too was injured in 78. Joe Jordan was nasty too. Macari was quick and broke defenses. Over 300 games for United.
Yeah I know they played lots of games for both the Untie deads :))
Jordan I liked, the old style British centre-forward :eyes
Sadly, McQueen has been diagnosed with dementia, related to footballers persistent heading of a ball.
Watched a doco one day about that subject, football injuries from heading I'll have to try and recall who did it :unsure:

:oops::( Scary man ol Joe :eyes
1680093936538.png1680093961423.png

Potter (Chelsea) and Rodgers (Leicester) goooone. EPL now broke the record of 12 sackings in a not even finished season. IMO, this is terrible and something should be done to fix it both ways for the club and manager......especially when they can't even last a whole season.

Potter (Chelsea) and Rodgers (Leicester) goooone. EPL now broke the record of 12 sackings in a not even finished season. IMO, this is terrible and something should be done to fix it both ways for the club and manager......especially when they can't even last a whole season.
It’s a real bad look for clubs and the EPL. Reckon Conte had a point.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s a real bad look for clubs and the EPL. Reckon Conte had a point.
Conte mischievous as was daring Sputs to sack him to get a big payout but agree with your point. Clubs, increasingly desperate to retain their top division or champs lge status. Situation probably more dire in the lower divisions with dodgy owners asset stripping clubs.

Yeah I know they played lots of games for both the Untie deads :))
Jordan I liked, the old style British centre-forward :eyes
Sadly, McQueen has been diagnosed with dementia, related to footballers persistent heading of a ball.
Watched a doco one day about that subject, football injuries from heading I'll have to try and recall who did it :unsure:

:oops::( Scary man ol Joe :eyes
View attachment 18651View attachment 18652
I remember taking up soccer as a little tacker of about 6YO in the mid 1980s. My grandmother was always a bit of a worrier and the kind of person who would always find a reason why you shouldn’t do something. Can still remember her saying to me, “make sure you don’t head the ball,” pulling out a magazine article of some description she had read about concerns around heading the ball and the possibility of accumulated brain injury.

With accumulated brain injuries from various sports being flavour of the month now, it’s discussed as if no one ever even knew. All I can say is there must have been a hell of a lot of wilfull blindness going on for the past 40 years. Because there was already an awareness in the mid 1980s. And that was just from heading the soccer ball, let alone contact sports like the rugby codes or Australian rules and American football, where big brain damaging blows are not uncommon. Everyone involved must have had a fair idea, but stuck their fingers in their ears and went “lalalala……if we don’t research it we don’t know.”

Lampard back as Chelsea coach until season's end....Soap opera...Perhaps club better served if owner Boehly allows spouse, H Valance to run the show...

• Haha
Take that Lampoon and Chelsea, ya bunch of big spending, blue nose knobs !

Wolves goal of the year by young Nunes. A corker.

• Love
Take that Lampoon and Chelsea, ya bunch of big spending, blue nose knobs !

Wolves goal of the year by young Nunes. A corker.
Fantastic strike man, very close to the old Van Basten shot from the far right of the box into the top left hand corner, what strikes!! :love:

I'm calling it, Arsenal have now officially shat the bed and the title is Citeh's.

• Love
manU disastrous at Sevilla. De Gea is a great shot stopper but he has to go.

As predicted, the Arse throwing the title away, good fightback but 3-3 against Southampton? Citeh will finish the job next week

manU disastrous at Sevilla. De Gea is a great shot stopper but he has to go.

As predicted, the Arse throwing the title away, good fightback but 3-3 against Southampton? Citeh will finish the job next week
Not sure why Arse and all are choking, but hopefully Brighton can do something to Citeh this week.

When are they officially changing their name to Tottenham Spudspurs :oops:o_O:ROFLMAO:

This is next best I've seen to Germany 5, Brazil 0 in 29 minutes in the World Cup Semi - Final, 2014. At least Brazil win some trophies, Spuds win nothing, they'd be the hardest team to follow man :eyes

20230423_232215.jpg

20230423_232219.jpg