President John O’Rourke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

President John O’Rourke

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Previous history was as a board director of the Victoria Racing Club.
I'm very interested to hear his views on our continued involvement in gaming but given his background I'm not confident we will exit any time soon.

He was gunning for the chairman of VRC, but lost a boardroom stoush and then moved off the board altogether. Maybe that experience has changed his views, but I doubt it.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Been there since 2015 is good as he's witnessed our change over from 2016 onwards.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Full disclosure, I don't rate Presidents and boards, to me they are an outdated mechanism that allow rich people to feel important in footy clubs. But I will revise my opinion if this bloke wipes the stain off the club by immediately removing us from pokies.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Previous history was as a board director of the Victoria Racing Club.
I'm very interested to hear his views on our continued involvement in gaming but given his background I'm not confident we will exit any time soon.
it really is a stain on our club to still be in the pokies

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
it really is a stain on our club to still be in the pokies

It is in my eyes.

When I think of the O'Neal/Gale era the inaction on pokies is equal as a negative to the positives of the premierships.

We are literally in the business of human misery, death and destruction of lives. It's a disgrace.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
don't know much about him

pretty good CV

further

Kerry Ryan retired from the board at its 20 September meeting effective 1 October 2022. The Club’s nominations committee recommended the subsequent casual vacancy be filled by Mary Padbury.

benny next?
That is the modus operandi for RFC board. Never have an election if it can be avoided. Not that it has led to any apparent issues recently

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Full disclosure, I don't rate Presidents and boards, to me they are an outdated mechanism that allow rich people to feel important in footy clubs. But I will revise my opinion if this bloke wipes the stain off the club by immediately removing us from pokies.
Just put Putin in charge?

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
welcome to our new member unelected president.

"Having completed her final term, Club director Kerry Ryan retired from the board at its 20 September meeting effective 1 October 2022. The Club’s nominations committee recommended the subsequent casual vacancy be filled by Mary Padbury. The Richmond board accepted this recommendation."

welcome to our new member unelected board member.

#DemocracyIsDead
We all knew this would be the case when this was included in a raft of constitutional changes we, as members were asked to vote on year’s ago.

They put it in with a raft of changes that were reasonable and seemed to benefit the club and it’s members. The problem was it was an all or nothing vote.

I thought the club was being shifty so I voted against the changes. But if anyone complains they can put their hand on their heart and say the members voted for them to be able to appoint people to the board.
We’re not the only club that did this by the way

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Yes there have been plenty of instances of the rich big noting themselves at footy clubs.Alan Bond comes to mind.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
That is a fair slight on Peggy.

Not intended to be, just speaking generally. Eddie McGuire was a great President as well, but had no business doing the job in the first place.

You wouldn't see a business the size of Collingwood chuck Larry Emdur in as the boss of the place in the real world.

Reactions: 1 user