Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Injury prone midget. We should have listened to the warnings.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Injury prone midget. We should have listened to the warnings.
Just don't understand why it was necessary to post these unfair and negative comments about Dion. His height is definitely irrelevant, imo he is a gun player, as borne out by his clearly winning the best and fairest award last year in a premiership team. He was of course one of only two tiger players to play every game last year and statistically he was outstanding, both inside and outside, demonstrating his incredible work rate. Personally I thought that he was a very good chance to make it into the All Australian team for last year. His ankle injury this year surely came about through sheer bad luck, not through being supposedly "injury prone", due to his ankle getting caught underneath him in a vigorous twisting tackle by an opposition player. Several players in the AFL have been injured in a similar way in the last 3-4 years. Dion is a two time premiership hero and that cannot be taken away from him.

Reactions: 2 users
Just don't understand why it was necessary to post these unfair and negative comments about Dion. His height is definitely irrelevant, imo he is a gun player, as borne out by his clearly winning the best and fairest award last year in a premiership team. He was of course one of only two tiger players to play every game last year and statistically he was outstanding, both inside and outside, demonstrating his incredible work rate. Personally I thought that he was a very good chance to make it into the All Australian team for last year. His ankle injury this year surely came about through sheer bad luck, not through being supposedly "injury prone", due to his ankle getting caught underneath him in a vigorous twisting tackle by an opposition player. Several players in the AFL have been injured in a similar way in the last 3-4 years. Dion is a two time premiership hero and that cannot be taken away from him.
Yeah Baloo's a notorious glass half full type...;)

baloo was joking glenn!!

To be fair to glenn I don' think he was around when btoz was spamming every Prestia conversation with "injury prone midget"

Reactions: 4 users
If that is the case, I must have missed Baloo's unusual sense of "humour" and its context. Anyway, Dion has many big fans, including myself.

More of an in-joke against some of those who were critical of Dion's trade to us. Go back and read the early pages of Dion's thread

If anyone wanted any evidence on why we need Prestia and also Shedda in the team watch last night’s game again. We can’t get smashed in the clearances like that against a top team, especially in the centre, and expect to win.
The way to beat the flood is to get the ball in when it’s 6-6-6 and you can’t do that when the ball is continually going the other way.

coat us big time with the likes of Conca and Griffiths picked for elimination finals when underdone

I get what you are saying, but there is a big difference between bringing in Conca and Griffiths who were in our bottom 7 or 8 players that year in our 22, compared to last years B&F winner.

If I could have any player back for this week's game it would be Dion.
Been vital in our recent victories against the Cats.
Our midfield performance vs Freo showed this is still a weakness.
Worries me Geelong winning clearance & giving Hawkins plenty of looks.

Reactions: 8 users
Prestia creates connection with the fwd line we have been missing. he can turn sharply out of congestion and find a target in our forward 50.

It was his delivery to Lynch at the start of the 3rd qtr in last years prelim that got us going. he found lynch a few times that night.

So important for our forward game, those forward handballs that he is so good at (along with Edwards) drives our game forward.