Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He did 3/4 run throughs at half time and looked fine. Arms moving freely. Reckon we we’re justifiably nervous and pulled him out right away. I think he plays round 1.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
When I started reading your post I was going to write did that look like a pec strain to you but then I read this line and realised we agree, although I'm not convinced it is even a pec.

When he was running lengths at half time he was holding it very much like a shoulder issue.
Not convinced on Pec Large Son of Bull but the mechanism was that wrenching extension back on the arm but also same mechanism for a shoulder involvement and he did grab higher also as opposed to the chest.

I only saw a quick play of it. and, his instant reaction at the moment is what grabbed my attention.

Obviously will be investigated and we will find out fingers crossed its nothing to get too excited about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Minor Pectoral strain they saying !

We'll see about that. I guess.

I cant help but have some doubt about Dions fitness for the season opener at this stage especially after seeing that instant grimace and his instantaneous grab for his shoulder and that forlorn look on his face that we've seen now way too many times in the past few seasons.
I reckon he's gone. Too many injuries now.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You aren’t making a bloke do 150m sprints if he is in any doubt to play Round 1. Plus Prestia wanted to come back on but the medicos took the cautious approach.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
You aren’t making a bloke do 150m sprints if he is in any doubt to play Round 1. Plus Prestia wanted to come back on but the medicos took the cautious approach.

Certainly could be running like that with a tear in the muscle. He would have iced it and had a bit of pain relief if he needed it, but he was definitely still favouring the arm while he was running.

Tomorrow or Monday will be the real test when he has a scan. If the theory he has some sort of a pec tear is right, then it's very likely he will need surgery to repair it.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Certainly could be running like that with a tear in the muscle. He would have iced it and had a bit of pain relief if he needed it, but he was definitely still favouring the arm while he was running.

Tomorrow or Monday will be the real test when he has a scan. If the theory he has some sort of a pec tear is right, then it's very likely he will need surgery to repair it.
Always the party pooper eh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Any running movement would cause discomfort. If it’s a tear or any serious injury why would the medicos put him under that intensity?

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Looked like a shoulder to me. The pec news sounds like BS to avoid any future targeting

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Looked like a minor sub lux of the shoulder. Half popped out and straight back in. Minimum discomfort and no lasting injury.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
At least PRE have narrowed it down to a Pec, Shoulder or Sub Lux.

Stay tuned and we'll report the diagnoses shortly.

• Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Scans have confirmed midfielder Dion Prestia suffered a strained pectoral muscle in Saturday's practice match against Melbourne at Casey.

Prestia remains a chance to play in the Round 1 clash against Carlton at the MCG on March 16.

Hmm..

• Wow