Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
B1 and B2 said:
RFC stick to the draft stay away from this guy.

We are miles off final 8 teams.

B2
Spot on!!

Being the club we are, i think they want him to provide some support and friendship to Deledio and Maric while they are nursing their injuries. More fun with 3 in the group then 2.

This club will never learn. :duh

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
frawleyudud said:
Spot on!!

Being the club we are, i think they want him to provide some support and friendship to Deledio and Maric while they are nursing their injuries. More fun with 3 in the group then 2.

This club will never learn. :duh

What do you mean the club will never learn ? Should we get another Townsend or keep drafting Conca's & Vickery's ? It's not a crime to pickup good talent

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Leysy Days said:
We're not though boys. The Dogs have showed that.

I'm not sure whether to :headscratch or whether your post needed a :sarcasm

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Fwiw Sam Mclure on AW said its a done deal we,ll give GC pick 6 for Prestia but also do a swap of picks as well. It'd have to swapping our 3rd rounder for their second?

What pick no's do they have?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
Fwiw Sam Mclure on AW said its a done deal we,ll give GC pick 6 for Prestia but also do a swap of picks as well. It'd have to swapping our 3rd rounder for their second?

What pick no's do they have?

According to Marcus Ashcroft we have not offered pick 6.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Just heard Jake Niall say pick 6 for Prestia and another pick back looks like we might have no first round picks but a few 2nd picks and heard this draft bats deep for mids like to pick 30.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Inspector said:
Just heard Jake Niall say pick 6 for Prestia and another pick back looks like we might have no first round picks but a few 2nd picks and heard this draft bats deep for mids like to pick 30.

Will have to wait and see but I'm starting to get that rotten feeling.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
What about pick 6 and say Conca/Lennon for Prestia and picks 21 & 22 also hopefully get a 2nd round for Vickery the other of Lennon or Conca go to Swans for Nankervis and their 2nd round pick giving us no first round picks but 4 in the 2nd round in what's supposed to be a deep draft.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Inspector said:
What about pick 6 and say Conca/Lennon for Prestia and picks 21 & 22 also hopefully get a 2nd round for Vickery the other of Lennon or Conca go to Swans for Nankervis and their 2nd round pick giving us no first round picks but 4 in the 2nd round in what's supposed to be a deep draft.

That I would consider, I can kind of understand the philosophy of targeting the added depth in midfielders, the two i would take with those picks would be Mutch (academy selection) & Willem Drew. GWS have depth in the midfield so Mutch is a strong chance to slip through.

So looking at this logically, if it's Prestia & Drew versus Brodie, there is some method in this approach. But there's one big caveat here, if GC's picks start drifting out to 30's picks due to the dilution effect, then we could find ourselves in no-mans land. It's a risky strategy and I would hope the club has done their homework.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
bullus_hit said:
That I would consider, I can kind of understand the philosophy of targeting the added depth in midfielders, the two i would take with those picks would be Mutch (academy selection) & Willem Drew. GWS have depth in the midfield so Mutch is a strong chance to slip through.

So looking at this logically, if it's Prestia & Drew versus Brodie, there is some method in this approach. But there's one big caveat here, if GC's picks start drifting out to 30's picks due to the dilution effect, then we could find ourselves in no-mans land. It's a risky strategy and I would hope the club has done their homework.

Would prefer 6 & Lennon/Conca for Prestia and a late first round pick but they don't have one and don't think they would give us 8.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Inspector said:
Would prefer 6 & Lennon/Conca for Prestia and a late first round pick but they don't have one and don't think they would give us 8.

Personally I would be keeping pick 6 and trading Deledio & next year's second rounder, that's the most sensible move for the long term good of the club. If GC aren't buying in because they don't rate our stock or Geelong's stock then finding a third party would be the way to go.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
bullus_hit said:
Personally I would be keeping pick 6 and trading Deledio & next year's second rounder, that's the most sensible move for the long term good of the club. If GC aren't buying in because they don't rate our stock or Geelong's stock then finding a third party would be the way to go.
Need to hold onto pick 6. I am happy to trade next years first round pick. Prestia and Brodie help our midfield class immediately.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Smoking Aces said:
Need to hold onto pick 6. I am happy to trade next years first round pick. Prestia and Brodie help our midfield class immediately.

Brodie's a 200 gamer, those are the stakes.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Inspector said:
Niall's said this from the start. He thinks it should be a done deal. Richmond give GVC pick 6 and get Prestia in return and that's it. He doesn't seem to understand that we'd like to hang onto pick 6. Obviously the media think we're an easy touch and will do anything to get our target.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Brodie's a 200 gamer, those are the stakes.

Bully, one of my mates who is an avid watcher of the juniors tells me next year's draft is supposed to be exceptional; especially at the top end. If that is the case, if we have to trade a first round pick would we not be better of trading this year's in what is an even draft as opposed to next year's in a super draft. Especially given that next year's pick will probably be at least the equal of or higher than this year's pick.

Interested in your thoughts.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Inspector said:

If we got Prestia and one of GC's picks in the 20s for our pick 6 I think that would be a good result.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Mappa said:
Perfect Prestia and 21 would be a fair position.

Really? Would be guttered to give up 6. Go next years first if that was the case.

Out come of trade week will be:

Out pick 6 and Vickery In Prestia, pick 21 and 38.

If that's the case we are only treading water.