Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
WesternTiger said:
Really? Would be guttered to give up 6. Go next years first if that was the case.

Out come of trade week will be:

Out pick 6 and Vickery In Prestia, pick 21 and 38.

If that's the case we are only treading water.

I've asked the question of Bully (and others familiar with the young talent). Next year's draft is meant to be exceptional; especially at the top end. I would have thought, if we have to give up a first rounder, we'd be better off doing it this year than next.

It's going to be very hard to get Prestia without giving up a first rounder.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Ridley said:
I've asked the question of Bully (and others familiar with the young talent). Next year's draft is meant to be exceptional; especially at the top end. I would have thought, if we have to give up a first rounder, we'd be better off doing it this year than next.

It's going to be very hard to get Prestia without giving up a first rounder.

I'm not a watcher of young talent but i have heard the same thing and totally agree with you Ridley. It makes no sense to trade away next years 1st round pick, particularly when it is likely to be an earlier pick than this years pick.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Inspector said:
Just heard Jake Niall say pick 6 for Prestia and another pick back looks like we might have no first round picks but a few 2nd picks and heard this draft bats deep for mids like to pick 30.

We can't even pick good players at #6, what hope do we have with all these 2nd rounders?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Broders said:
It makes no sense to trade away next years 1st round pick, particularly when it is likely to be an earlier pick than this years pick.

Not sure about that. We still have a good enough side to battle around that 9th to 13th position. Still I don't like giving away 1st round picks at all, to me it's only sensible when you're in the premiership window and looking for immediate class to bolster your team.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
WesternTiger said:
Really? Would be guttered to give up 6. Go next years first if that was the case.

Out come of trade week will be:

Out pick 6 and Vickery In Prestia, pick 21 and 38.

If that's the case we are only treading water.

Its crazy to give up pick 6 for the midget whos missed 20 games in 2 years just because GC want it
Offer GC a player plus later pick. Just hold onto pick 6

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
What are our chances if Prestia goes to the psd? Assuming O!Meara does too he goes to Essendon. That leaves Brisbane, Freo and Carlton to have a go at him before us.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Ridley said:
Bully, one of my mates who is an avid watcher of the juniors tells me next year's draft is supposed to be exceptional; especially at the top end. If that is the case, if we have to trade a first round pick would we not be better of trading this year's in what is an even draft as opposed to next year's in a super draft. Especially given that next year's pick will probably be at least the equal of or higher than this year's pick.

Interested in your thoughts.

Agree with this however the cream will be in the first 6-7 picks, at least that's where the gun KP players will be. This is why we either bottom out properly or make a full tilt at the top 4 and use next year's first rounder, middling at 9th or 10th will keep us on the treadmill.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
tigertim said:
What are our chances if Prestia goes to the psd? Assuming O!Meara does too he goes to Essendon. That leaves Brisbane, Freo and Carlton to have a go at him before us.

Can't see Gold Coast letting him go for nicks into the PSD. In my opinion, as Prestia has announced his preferred club, we should have the upper hand in these negotiations and as long as we negotiate reasonably we should be able to strike a deal.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Pick 6 for Prestia? a second rounder thrown in? Dreaming. You dont give up pick 6 for players that have injury clouds and issues with footy continuity. Well richmond might but :hihi

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Get rid of pick 6. If we go to draft with pick 6 it will be a massive failure.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jason King said:
Lightning cant strike the same place twice though? (can it)

Pick 6 is statistically the worst top 10 or 20 pick in the draft.

Conca pick 6
Yarran pick 6

It's cursed.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Baloo said:
Pick 6 is statistically the worst top 10 or 20 pick in the draft.

Conca pick 6
Yarran pick 6

It's cursed.

lol and if we do, knowing our luck..pick 6 this year, turns out to be the best ever player to play the game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Have we kidnapped his grandma? Holding to ransom.
How the hell does a kid from another club want to come to us.
Easy money?, free retirement benefits, guaranteed 15 years in the system, never get dropped.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigertough12 said:
Done Deal .....

Prestia, Pick 21 & 22 for Pick 6 & Vickery 2nd round compo
That's the one that keeps coming up. I'd imagine with GC been so active this trade period and needing to do a lot of work with the Hawks that they'd like to get the Prestia one done fairly quick, they've no doubt been working on it for a while, the only thing is GC keep saying they want mature mids.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
CC TIGER said:
That's the one that keeps coming up. I'd imagine with GC been so active this trade period and needing to do a lot of work with the Hawks that they'd like to get the Prestia one done fairly quick, they've no doubt been working on it for a while, the only thing is GC keep saying they want mature mids.

They can have Ellis, Morris, Townsend, Edwards, Lennon, Deledio,
Take a pick

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
tigertough12 said:
Done Deal .....

Prestia, Pick 21 & 22 for Pick 6 & Vickery 2nd round compo
GC don't have pick 21 or 22, mayne might score Freo a 2nd rounder.

So Prestia + Pick 24 + Pick 25 for Pick 6 + Vickery compo.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
CC TIGER said:

They can always trade for one with pick 6 if they end up with it