Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I was listening to my local radio station and Peggy was being interviewed. They asked her many questions. But what stuck out was she was asked her priority for Richmond. Peggy said another premiership. We don’t get tired of winning those.

But the other was was the Punt Road Redevelopment. Peggy said she has given Brendan that main strategic role and they are very busy getting all the required permits. And she hope it’s ready in the next 2 to 3 years.

Peggy was also asked which NFL team she supported. She said none. But she did go to college at Virgina Tech. She forwarded the YouTube video of their pregame to the clubs management and said this is fan engagement. Anyway it was a great interview. She is a legend.

hey MB, what was the station you listened to - I wouldn’t mind listening to it.

Loved the energy in the pre game, just simple riffs really - better than the Port song

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
hey MB, what was the station you listened to - I wouldn’t mind listening to it.

Loved the energy in the pre game, just simple riffs really - better than the Port song
Hampden League Live 3YB lockdown special show. 94.50fm. Not sure if they will replay the interview.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I was listening to my local radio station and Peggy was being interviewed. They asked her many questions. But what stuck out was she was asked her priority for Richmond. Peggy said another premiership. We don’t get tired of winning those.

But the other was was the Punt Road Redevelopment. Peggy said she has given Brendan that main strategic role and they are very busy getting all the required permits. And she hope it’s ready in the next 2 to 3 years.
Covid has absolutely brought the Punt Road Re-Development to a grinding halt. Believe their view before Covid was they were hoping to commence at least part of the development by start of 2022, State Gov't had given us a 15.5m grant and the Fedral Gov't 15m and RFC who was was flushed with funds after our first two GF wins was going to access some of their $24.4m cash reserves with the balance of the proposed $60m project to be raised by other sources.
Bang comes Covid and I would say we now would have virtually NO cash reserves left? and due to uncertainty Peggy is now talking 3 years. :(

Here is excerpt from 2019 Annual Report:

Off-field the Club is reporting a profit of $4.1 million for the financial year ended October 31. The Club generated total income of $92.2 million, which represented an increase of 16% year-on-year. The Club is in a very sound financial position with cash reserves of $24.4 million.

Hope the $30m in grants cannot be used for anything other than the development itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Covid has absolutely brought the Punt Road Re-Development to a grinding halt. Believe their view before Covid was they were hoping to commence at least part of the development by start of 2022, State Gov't had given us a 15.5m grant and the Fedral Gov't 15m and RFC who was was flushed with funds after our first two GF wins was going to access some of their $24.4m with the balance of the proposed $60m project to be raised by other sources.
Bang comes Covid and I would say we now would have virtually NO cash reserves left? and due to uncertainty Peggy is now talking 3 years. :(

Off-field the Club is reporting a profit of $4.1 million for the financial year ended October 31. The Club generated total income of $92.2 million, which represented an increase of 16% year-on-year. The Club is in a very sound financial position with cash reserves of $24.4 million.

Hope the $30m in grants cannot be used for anything other than the development itself.
Cash reserves at end of 2020 were $16M

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Covid has absolutely brought the Punt Road Re-Development to a grinding halt. Believe their view before Covid was they were hoping to commence at least part of the development by start of 2022, State Gov't had given us a 15.5m grant and the Fedral Gov't 15m and RFC who was was flushed with funds after our first two GF wins was going to access some of their $24.4m cash reserves with the balance of the proposed $60m project to be raised by other sources.

Not sure how much you know of financial markets old mate but if that 30mn in cash reserves had some exposure which I’m lead to believe it does , it May well be more like 40+ Mn in reserve end of this calendar year