Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Went for a stroll around PRO..... No doubt the odd tree hugger will lodge a complaint.

20211202_113953.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Thanks very much for posting this TBV. There is lots of good information about the project on the Heritage Victoria website, including other options the club has considered. Well worth a look.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The club's presentation was very good. Plans look great & very excited by the redevelopment.

My only queries (& they're big ones) are how we're going to afford it?
$35m dollars is a heck of a lot of money to raise..
There's a lot of difficult sub questions I'd like to ask & get honest answers.
Well, the biggest question is, surely, what sort of jumping castle do they intend to include ?

(And will there be a helicopter pad ?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks very much for posting this TBV. There is lots of good information about the project on the Heritage Victoria website, including other options the club has considered. Well worth a look.
Yes you're right @Long Lost Hernaman ..... more in depth documentation for those interested.

The following are links to most of them.... all pdf files.

I should've become a planning or conservation consultant. ..... truckloads of cash to be made convincing clients you can make their dreams come true. .... (and if you don't, ya still get paid!)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Been having a look at some of the detailed plans.... proposed view of oval looks a tad damp underfoot.

Screenshot_2021-12-03-06-56-47~2.png

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Agree, re the name, said the same thing to some tiger mates who were asking who the hell is Cooper. To name it after an aboriginal activist, that no one's heard of and with no real connection to the club, is a woke joke. Should be named after a club great and the bloke that won us our most recent flag off his own boot is a good start.
More people are starting to hear of him now his name is being connected to the development.
Once you hear the history and background story you may feel differently about the idea.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
More people are starting to hear of him now his name is being connected to the development.
Once you hear the history and background story you may feel differently about the idea.
Sorry no. It should be named after a Richmond great.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
looking at the plans and video - are they recycling the bricks from the old stand ?

that would be a nice touch

Last edited:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
looking at the plans and video - are they recycling the bricks from the old stand ?

that would be a nice touch

According to Benny they're going to recycle as many of the bricks as possible in some way or other. Not sure how but that is part of the brief.

artball

Jul 30, 2013
According to Benny they're going to recycle as many of the bricks as possible in some way or other. Not sure how but that is part of the brief.
excellent. it looks like there's a bit of brickwork in the new designs ..

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Sorry no. It should be named after a Richmond great.
Each to their own.

But believe me, I'm not a bleeding heart and never been accused of being woke, William Cooper was a truly great man and an important figure in Australian (not just indigenous Australian) history.

artball

Jul 30, 2013
Curious to what people think about there not being a dedicated museum space in the redevelopment?

Would've thought even just a mid sized room could've been dedicated?
I understand there will be 'rotating exhibitions', but that comes off a little like tokenism ..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Curious to what people think about there not being a dedicated museum space in the redevelopment?

Would've thought even just a mid sized room could've been dedicated?
I understand there will be 'rotating exhibitions', but that comes off a little like tokenism ..

Agree, the old clubs like Richmond need to maintain the history. There should be a museum.

DS

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
Pee'd off
I asked this question when Brendon did that presentation a few weeks ago and was worried by the vague answer
That old museum, old fashioned as it was was terrific and run by passionate people
As if they could not build a special space for it

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Not suggesting we go this far but people should check out this amazing stadium.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Now that's vision. Incredible.
Maybe we could do something similar. I was thinking we could have the Jack Dyer stand stored underneath a generic grandstand, then gets transposed (or transformed?) back up for Tigers matches and events :D
Just wouldn't look the same having a crowd on the oval for another Richmond GF win without that beautiful old stand as background.

• Love
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Maybe we could do something similar. I was thinking we could have the Jack Dyer stand stored underneath a generic grandstand, then gets transposed (or transformed?) back up for Tigers matches and events :D
Just wouldn't look the same having a crowd on the oval for another Richmond GF win without that beautiful old stand as background.
Might need to do a few more fundraisers.:mhihi

• Haha