Q&A: Greg Tivendale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Q&A: Greg Tivendale

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
16 June 2003 Herald Sun

One of the worst aspects of the loss was that you hit the front near the end, but then couldn't hold on despite kicking with the wind.

We had our chances, we just couldn't score. Their forward line seemed to be more open than ours in the last five minutes.

What has caused this four-loss slump -- the last three matches since you returned from playing West Coast in Perth?

Confidence among a few of the blokes seems a bit down at the moment. We have been playing well in parts of games, but in other parts of games we haven't. We just have to get back on track and put it together and get a win on the board.

b>Was there an unhealthy reliance on Matthew Richardson in attack to deliver victory?

I don't think so. We have got scoring options up there. 'Staf' (Greg Stafford) goes down there. We have the crumbers David Rodan and Andrew Krakouer and the midfield is scoring some goals, so I don't think there is an over-reliance, no.

You now have to wait two weeks to try to make amends when you go the Gabba. Can you recapture that early-season form after the break when you regain Wayne Campbell and Kane Johnson?

Yes, we have showed we can do it. It is just a matter of getting back on track, working hard together getting some wins on the board. (Wins in the past two games) would have put us in good stead for the rest of the year. It's another one that's slipped.

Even though you had the wind in the last quarter, these days teams often seem to play even better into the wind.

Goals were scored into the wind, so it wasn't a huge factor. We still had to work hard, even though I thought going with the wind (in the last quarter) that we were a good chance. But (Carlton) still managed to get those couple of goals at the end.