Q final V Willy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Q final V Willy

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ridley said:
Notwithstanding the insanely one sided umpiring that was a sh!thouse performance from our team.

Completely outplayed and out muscled by Willy. Some of our youngsters need to be a lot harder in the contest.

Yep they gave us a lesson in hard contested pressure footy. They're a damn good side though, 9 prelim finals in a row.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
evo said:
lol @ the umpiring

Holding the ball just wasn't paid. The players worked it out and made no attempt to get rid of it when tackled. It's 50% of the perceived problem with the game.

Worst decision of the night was the non-call for deliberate, third quarter, forward pocket. That has to be automatic.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
TigerForce said:
Andy Collins' no dud. He's studied our game and has beaten us not just once. He should be an AFL coach.

Would be if not a complete nutter

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Holding the ball just wasn't paid. The players worked it out and made no attempt to get rid of it when tackled. It's 50% of the perceived problem with the game.

Worst decision of the night was the non-call for deliberate, third quarter, forward pocket. That has to be automatic.
There was an absurd holding the ball against menadue

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Willy good. Umpires poor.

Gibbons very stiff not to have had a look in at AFL level.

We lacked ousde run. Too slanted to inside mids Miles, Ballard, Wood, Thompson Ellis etc.

Some are being too rough on our kids. Three baby first year talls and all showed a bit at times.

I think they actually have to drop Soldo like they did for last years final series and get some run in - either VFL or AFL listed.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
lamb22 said:
Willy good. Umpires poor.

Gibbons very stiff not to have had a look in at AFL level.

We lacked ousde run. Too slanted to inside mids Miles, Ballard, Wood, Thompson Ellis etc.

Some are being too rough on our kids. Three baby first year talls and all showed a bit at times.

I think they actually have to drop Soldo like they did for last years final series and get some run in - either VFL or AFL listed.

Agree on the talls Lamb chops.

Balta Miller CCJ all showed glimpses and Beasley tried hard.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We messed around a bit with our AFL sid by resting players, and I think that hurts the continuity of the VFL side. Bringing players back from injury in a final probably doesn’t help either, although it’s a necessity.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Reckon Beasley won his battle Craigo.

Lambo and Craig those three talls showed glimpses throughout ( in patches ).

Soldo was very dissaoointing.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
A really disappointing performance, forward line was pitiful all night, we could hardly find a target all night.

Soldo's HOs seldom went to our advantage, but he was often body-scragged at the ruck duels with never a free.

I can only believe our players had neither backs or heads because basically you could do anything to them without a penalty.

Apart from Miller and Balta, not much promise in our talls. Why does Fly shift Balta around continually? Was our only chance if left up forward.

Yep, we looked slow and a poor kicking side. Markov looked good and his kicking out was so much better than Egg who just kicked high, soft lobs to no-one.

3121FC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 23, 2007
Soldo is playing basketball in a footy jumper
Will be very lucky to be on a VFL list next year

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
leon said:
A really disappointing performance, forward line was pitiful all night, we could hardly find a target all night.

Soldo's HOs seldom went to our advantage, but he was often body-scragged at the ruck duels with never a free.

I can only believe our players had neither backs or heads because basically you could do anything to them without a penalty.

Apart from Miller and Balta, not much promise in our talls. Why does Fly shift Balta around continually? Was our only chance if left up forward.

Yep, we looked slow and a poor kicking side. Markov looked good and his kicking out was so much better than Egg who just kicked high, soft lobs to no-one.
yeah, Balta should've played high chf all night.

CCJ was very dissapointing I thought. Seems a long way away to me.

Soldo is fair dinkum hopeless. We definitelly need a back up ruck and fast. We should chase Preust in the off season.

Miller was ok, but didnt get his hands on it much.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
All our first year players can’t run out a game at the end of the year? Of course not. Skinny little Naish and the three talls would be ready for a good rest. I wouldn’t be judging them too harshly

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wouldn't be to concerned, we all know players like Menadue, soldo, Stengel, and miles have run there race in the AFL.
The kids like Balta, Naish, baker and Bulter will be around the next few years.
The VFL is funny, we basically use it as spare parts for running repairs to the senior team. We only have 10 -12 AFL players in the team anyway. Where clubs like Williamstown, Werribee and port have a team week in week out made to play in the competition. They don't lose players to another team and don't rest players either.