R18 v Sandringham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R18 v Sandringham

Feb 25, 2007
Was impressed with Lennon lead up marking, should've kicked 4-5 goals but I really think he should be in the seniors as can play tall, castagna can't do that in finals could be another dimension! I mention George but could b a butler to make way, these 2 games remaining Freo n saints will tell the tail forward of our fwd set up going into finals.

Shai wow class act, moves well gunna b a player!

Hampson took some strong marks which was pleasing to see...

Will say great ball movement and always support from a running player to receive and dish off to the next player in support...

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Conca looked proppy at the end of the game. Both he and Griff sat out the last it appears.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I'm interested if anyone has anything to say about Derek Smith? Looks like a smooth mover. Listed at 180cm on the only article I could find but looked taller to me. Missed most of the game trying to eat all the Barra I've been catching :p

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
fastin bulbous said:
I'm interested if anyone has anything to say about Derek Smith? Looks like a smooth mover. Listed at 180cm on the only article I could find but looked taller to me. Missed most of the game trying to eat all the Barra I've been catching :p

Looked good did Smith.

Lloyd clearly best on ground, in everything. Miles very good also.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Liking the look of Chol in defence. Should develop him as a rebounding CHB.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Us 22.17.149
Them 12.7.79
Goals: Lloyd 4, Lennon 2, Short 2, Elton 2, Moore 2, Stengle 2, Bolton 2, Hampson 2, Morris, Ellis, Menadue, Miles.
DISPOSALS: Lloyd 50, Miles 45, Moore 26, Short 25, Ellis 24, Batchelor 23. (Subject to review. I suspect those numbers will come down.)
Best (mine): Lloyd, Moore, Short, Miles, Batchelor, Smith, Ellis.

AFL-listed:
Lennon: Could have kicked 4 or 5, missed a few he would normally kick in his sleep. Worked into the game and contributed well for the last three quarters. Pace off the mark stopping him from an AFL spot.
Batchelor: The General in defence. Rock solid.
Short: Got plenty of the ball off half-back and sneaked forward for a couple of snags.
Hampson: Competed all day and took three strong marks in the last.
Maric: If Soldo comes back, he should be left out.
Griffiths: Competed and started to get into it. A couple of strong marks. Sat out the last Q.
Miles: Got a stack of the ball but struggled to break free of congestion at times and ball use often ordinary. Quantity over quality got him in the bests.
Lloyd: Had it on a string. 50 touches and could have kicked 8.
Conca: Worked into the game nicely. Sat out the last.
Ellis: Brilliant first quarter but quieter after. Didn't see as much time in the middle after 1/4-time, with Ballard preferred. Still a good contributer.
Moore: Best game I've seen from him. So quick and strong at the ball, great hands. Must be considered for next week, although anyone who plays AFL next week I believe can't play week one of VFL finals when the AFL bye is on, so that might be a selection conundrum.
Menadue: Played wing/half-back and did some nice linking.
Morris: Morris.
Chol: Looks really composed down back. Wasn't beaten much and his ball use is immaculate.
Garth: Steady.
Elton: Better second half including a couple of goals and a screamer.
Stengle: Clever, creative.

Smith: Will be on an AFL list next year is my tip.

We overused the ball too much at times, especially by hand going forward, but a dominant display. I look forward to our finals campaign.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My highlight today in view of the future, which it was earlier in the year also, is Callum Moore. Can't understand why when we were begging for a lead up forward that this guy wasn't elevated from the Rookie list.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
caesar said:
My highlight today in view of the future, which it was earlier in the year also, is Callum Moore. Can't understand why when we were begging for a lead up forward that this guy wasn't elevated from the Rookie list.

The positive with Moore is that we'd be playing a tall without really losing any defensive pressure. Additionally, if the ball isn't delivered well, he stays strong on the ground, and uses his hands well to keep the opportunity live. Probably too late to experiment with the team now and bring him in, but wish he was tried earlier.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
frickenel said:
The positive with Moore is that we'd be playing a tall without really losing any defensive pressure. Additionally, if the ball isn't delivered well, he stays strong on the ground, and uses his hands well to keep the opportunity live. Probably too late to experiment with the team now and bring him in, but wish he was tried earlier.
Exactly ficknell I reckon Moore would shade all our Mosquito fleet in a sprint and at 193cm and a strong grab I don't see how he doesn't suit our forward setup perfectly. But no Dan and Blair are too busy looking in other peoples back yards. If I were a list manager at another club I would be getting in Callum's ear and try and pinch him from under our noses.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
spook said:
Miles: Got a stack of the ball but struggled to break free of congestion at times and ball use often ordinary. Quantity over quality got him in the bests.

Geez that is harsh on Miles. Didn't turn it over much at all, did some great things in tight.

Good to see them going well, plenty of pressure for spots leading into finals.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
frickenel said:

Haven't seen much of him but the way he's been described makes him sound a bit like a Jarrod Waite type. Is that the sort of player people think he could become?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
caesar said:

he has been injured hasnt he? i think he is one who has seems to keep missing a game or 2 hurt when he has started to show some form.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Brodders17 said:
he has been injured hasnt he? i think he is one who has seems to keep missing a game or 2 hurt when he has started to show some form.
Yes, Moore did have quite a bad ankle injury in the middle of this season and missed about 5 or 6 i think so may have derailed him somewhat.