R18 v Sandringham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R18 v Sandringham

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thank for all your reports guys.

Gee some good performances there.

Let's hope the seniors keep performing as there are players in the VFL via for their spots.

Is Hammer ready to trial next week before the finals?

Any others ?

Feb 25, 2007
MD Jazz said:
Geez that is harsh on Miles. Didn't turn it over much at all, did some great things in tight.

Good to see them going well, plenty of pressure for spots leading into finals.

He didn't turn it over much? his decision making was pretty woeful.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Geez that is harsh on Miles. Didn't turn it over much at all, did some great things in tight.
He won the ball in tight but struggled to break free, as a consequence a lot of his disposals were rushed and to contests.

craig said:
Dont we get first dibs on him.
We do.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
spook said:
He won the ball in tight but struggled to break free, as a consequence a lot of his disposals were rushed and to contests.
We do.

Yeh, he can't break away from a contest but wins plenty of 50/50 ball and his little gives are very good.

I do understand why he is not in the AFL side though. He simply can't keep up for 4 quarters at AFL pace.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Yeh, he can't break away from a contest but wins plenty of 50/50 ball and his little gives are very good.

I do understand why he is not in the AFL side though. He simply can't keep up for 4 quarters at AFL pace.
My point though today was that many of his little gives weren't that good. He's a warrior but you're right about why he's not in the side.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
spook said:
Us 22.17.149
Them 12.7.79
Goals: Lloyd 4, Lennon 2, Short 2, Elton 2, Moore 2, Stengle 2, Bolton 2, Hampson 2, Morris, Ellis, Menadue, Miles.
DISPOSALS: Lloyd 50, Miles 45, Moore 26, Short 25, Ellis 24, Batchelor 23. (Subject to review. I suspect those numbers will come down.)
Best (mine): Lloyd, Moore, Short, Miles, Batchelor, Smith, Ellis.

AFL-listed:
Lennon: Could have kicked 4 or 5, missed a few he would normally kick in his sleep. Worked into the game and contributed well for the last three quarters. Pace off the mark stopping him from an AFL spot.
Batchelor: The General in defence. Rock solid.
Short: Got plenty of the ball off half-back and sneaked forward for a couple of snags.
Hampson: Competed all day and took three strong marks in the last.
Maric: If Soldo comes back, he should be left out.
Griffiths: Competed and started to get into it. A couple of strong marks. Sat out the last Q.
Miles: Got a stack of the ball but struggled to break free of congestion at times and ball use often ordinary. Quantity over quality got him in the bests.
Lloyd: Had it on a string. 50 touches and could have kicked 8.
Conca: Worked into the game nicely. Sat out the last.
Ellis: Brilliant first quarter but quieter after. Didn't see as much time in the middle after 1/4-time, with Ballard preferred. Still a good contributer.
Moore: Best game I've seen from him. So quick and strong at the ball, great hands. Must be considered for next week, although anyone who plays AFL next week I believe can't play week one of VFL finals when the AFL bye is on, so that might be a selection conundrum.
Menadue: Played wing/half-back and did some nice linking.
Morris: Morris.
Chol: Looks really composed down back. Wasn't beaten much and his ball use is immaculate.
Garth: Steady.
Elton: Better second half including a couple of goals and a screamer.
Stengle: Clever, creative.

Smith: Will be on an AFL list next year is my tip.

We overused the ball too much at times, especially by hand going forward, but a dominant display. I look forward to our finals campaign.

Good reporting . Thanks Spook!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I went today. Sun shining made it a prefect day.

Spook has nailed it. Don’t disagree with any of it besides Lennon, thought he got to good spots and didn’t get fully rewarded.

Actually thought Griffiths looked fresh and ready to go. I’d be tempted to put him in next week.

And Smith has some serious talent. I’d rookie him for sure. Linebreakers from the back half are everything.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
lamb22 said:
Typical Hampson minute setting up two shots on goal.

I see he got two, just didn't realise it was within a minute. The Hammer on fire!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
lamb22 said:
Lot of love for the Hammer shown by the boys.

Hammer having a good last term.

Oh really, Chops? Becoming a revisionist? Hammer is obviously very popular at RFC. I'd say he has borne a horrible year as well as anyone could expect.

I can understand. You and the other haters need to get around him!!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Tigerflag2008 said:
Hammer finished well. Does he get a run next week to see if he would be of value for the finals?

It's worth considering because of the last Aints match. Billy Longer gave Nank a real touch-up; as much as almost any opponent all year. I doubt he would get into Hampson at the centre bounces as much. The question mark is probably whether H has the strength and match fitness yet, although he looks fit in footage, quite lean fit.

Maybe another week in the VFL first?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
caesar said:
My highlight today in view of the future, which it was earlier in the year also, is Callum Moore. Can't understand why when we were begging for a lead up forward that this guy wasn't elevated from the Rookie list.

Likewise have been calling for his selection for the latter half of the season or earlier. Especially when JR was out for two weeks. Ideal time to try him.

Castagna another 8 possie game, in a 100 point win today! Moore is much bigger, at least as fast, runs hard, competes hard, chases and tackles hard. But he can also really take a mark. Longer kick and probably more accurate.

Why on earth won't we give this guy a go? Can play wing, back or forward. End the farce!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I doubt there's ever been a better game ever by a Richmond VFL player than Lloyd's yesterday..yet it still probably won't be enough to see him promoted to the senior side.
C Ellis started like a house on fire in the midfield before being moved to the flanks. Bit quieter after that but really liked his game. Was at the bottom of packs and involved in excellent link play when in the midfield. Looked to be smarting at his demotion but in a positive way.
Griffiths. Got through very well. Competed strongly in the air. Given our results yesterday in the seniors though I'm not sure he'll get back but gives us an option.
Hammer was very good but sensational late in the game. Dominated hitouts marked everything. With a contract for next season, it's great to see him back on the park even if he takes no part this year.
Conca. Tried very hard and was heavily involved but looked like a player trying to rediscover touch & fitness. Can't see him forcing his way in this late.
Short. Was excellent. Putting his hand up but it'll be hard.
Miles. Got a heap of it as usual. Hurt factor not high but is clearly above this level.
Garthwaite. Excellent defender. Just does everything right. Attacking game will still require some work if he's to make it as an AFL player.
Stengle. Just a footballer. Class. Won't be surprised to see him upgraded to the senior list in 2018.
Shai just did Shai things. Going to be a very good player for many years.
Elton. Won't be on the list next season.
Morris. Half a step behind for much of the day. Think he's on the way out.
Menadue. At his best when he's running with ball in hand. Just didn't do it enough yesterday but catches your eye when he does. Will be a player.
Batchelor. Disagree with spook here. Very slow in his ball use on many occasions. Another off the list next season IMO.
Chol. Looks much better in the back half when accountable and ball coming towards him. Liked his game. Should get another year..
Lennon. What he does he does well. This is his level. He'd have been a VFL star in 1986.
Agree with caesar/spook here, Cal Moore is the main one to watch. We should be offering him a spot on the senior list next year or another team will.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Oldie, I had Lloyd a clear BOG, Batch about 5th or 6th best. He made some poor handballs in the first quarter but after that he was quite creative I thought. The 25 metre handball from CHB to the wing to set up one of Lennon's second quarter goals an example.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
spook said:
Oldie, I had Lloyd a clear BOG, Batch about 5th or 6th best. He made some poor handballs in the first quarter but after that he was quite creative I thought. The 25 metre handball from CHB to the wing to set up one of Lennon's second quarter goals an example.

Sorry spook yeah I edited that BOG comment. Sorry but I didn't really rate Batch's game as high as you.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
For us to finish 4th, we need Werribee to beat Casey and us to (should) beat Coburg at PRO.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Corey Ellis had 3 effective kicks for the game. Yes, 17 effective handballs but I thought he was pretty average overall. Wouldn't have been in my top 6 tigers.

If he can't put on some beef he will not make it as he will not get enough contested ball and his lack of athleticism will prevent him getting enough outside ball.