RD 15 Crowds Update | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 15 Crowds Update

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I think the purpose is to make the probability of an unknown case being at the ground as close to zero as possible, rather than any specific "social distancing" requirements.

They would have an assumption that there are a number of unidentified cases within the community. The number would extremely conservative.

If they assume 100 unknown cases, and there is, say, 6 million people who might go to the football, there's a 0.5% chance that in a crowd of 30,000 that one person might be one of the unknown cases. If the crowd is 20,000, the risk is 0.33%.

The lower the number of "assumed" unknown case, the greater the crowd numbers.
My maths says if there are a hundred unknown cases then the chance of one or more people having COVID is roughly 40% in a crowd of 30000 and just under 30% in a crowd of 20000. approx (1 - (5985000/5985100)^30000) as a percentage - excel couldn’t handle the actual maths.

Not sure what the chance of infection would be though given mainly outside.

Imagine the view is a lot less than a hundred - agree the purpose is as you suggest but highly doubt they have an actual rule they consistently use.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Some people on social media are claiming they have received a ticket for Friday in their digital wallet

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Some people on social media are claiming they have received a ticket for Friday in their digital wallet
mine has been in my digital wallet for weeks (the ticket for the Adelaide game when it was at the G was still as well there before I updated it).
I don't hold much hope of getting my usual seat if the crowd is at 30%

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Take the game to Launceston. Us Tassie Tigers (along with a pretty strong Saints following down here) will sell it out in a matter of two hours, as was the case for the Ess V Haw game. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Got barcode for all 4 memberships, with original seats. Only checked this morning after seeing this thread.
I think they're betting a lot stay away due to covid, as no doubt there's a lot of members likely to have reserved seats.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Take the game to Launceston. Us Tassie Tigers (along with a pretty strong Saints following down here) will sell it out in a matter of two hours, as was the case for the Ess V Haw game. :)
Make it happen quick before I fly out of Launceston Friday arvo for the game at the the G :))

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
My ticket is in my digital membership tonight and it wasn’t this morning. Hello normal seat, I’ve missed you.
Delete the above, insert “Yeah sorry, that was a mistake. Back to the ballot, sorry some more”

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I'm a reserved seat member. My missus membership is also also attrched to my email address, so i usually receive 2 emails.
I got three, for me and both my daughters.
Did you check your junk/spam folder? sometimes they lob in there

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i called the club and I have to say that I am very disappointed with what I heard.

apparently, my Roaming Tiger membership category has been downgraded. we are not considered "reserved seating" anymore. we will be grouped with GA members and will receive an email tomorrow. This is completely different to how we were treated at the start of the year when we were grouped with reserved seat holders.

Suffice to say that I am not impressed.

@DavidSSS , this affacts you too.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
i called the club and I have to say that I am very disappointed with what I heard.

apparently, my Roaming Tiger membership category has been downgraded. we are not considered "reserved seating" anymore. we will be grouped with GA members and will receive an email tomorrow. This is completely different to how we were treated at the start of the year when we were grouped with reserved seat holders.

Suffice to say that I am not impressed.

@DavidSSS , this affacts you too.
That sucks

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I got 3 as well for me and my 2 daughters.
I got 4, Mrs & kids as well, although I have all 4 in the app with our regular seats.
Have entered the ballot in any case, but having doubts about going. You just know someone will *smile* up and do the wrong thing.