Re: Adam Goodes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Adam Goodes

rosy23 said:
I'm sure it is a game to you. I wonder if you'd treat people like you do on here and say the things you do if you weren't hiding behind an anonymous internet persona. Somehow I suspect not. At least people, including RFC, know who I am. Those who know me would know I don't bully people, deliberately keep misquoting them or say things I wouldn't be willing to say face to face. Pity that didn't apply to everyone. Although it's the nature of the beast I personally think it's pretty gutless behaviour. :blah

I have never misquoted anyone.

You challenged me to answer your questions.

I did.

rosy23 said:
I wonder if you'd treat people like you do on here and say the things you do if you weren't hiding behind an anonymous internet persona. Somehow I suspect not. At least people, including RFC, know who I am. Those who know me would know I don't bully people, deliberately keep misquoting them or say things I wouldn't be willing to say face to face. Pity that didn't apply to everyone. Although it's the nature of the beast I personally think it's pretty gutless behaviour. :blah

What is wrong with my 'treatment of people'?

And what is 'gutless' about anything I've written on here?

And you don't need to wonder, I've had this conversation with plenty of people face to face.

bruntonave. said:
Are you seriously saying that there's some sort of equivalence in this?

Wtf are you going on about?
Goodes referenced the rapes and murders committed in the past. I stated it was committed by white and black. Nothing more, nothing less. Do you believe there were no rapes and murders committed by both black and white? Is that what you're saying? Yes or no will do.

Where did I say there was some sort of equivalence.

Stop your blooding nitpicking and looking for something I didn't say.
Either argue the point regarding what I did say, not what conclusion you jump to.

willo said:
Wtf are you going on about?
Goodes referenced the rapes and murders committed in the past. I stated it was committed by white and black. Nothing more, nothing less. Do you believe there were no rapes and murders committed by both black and white? Is that what you're saying? Yes or no will do.

Where did I say there was some sort of equivalence.

Stop your blooding nitpicking and looking for something I didn't say.
Either argue the point regarding what I did say, not what conclusion you jump to.

It ain't nitpicking, the clear implication was that it was an equal ledger. To suggest otherwise renders the comment pointless, I mean pointless from your perspective. Either you're taking the p!ss or you have no idea what you're talking about (it seems to me you like it that way).

The yes or no thing is another example of a half-truth.

bruntonave. said:
I have never misquoted anyone.

You have repeatedly referred to me saying Adam Goodes' dance was barbaric despite the fact i didn't say that and clarified what my post actually said and meant on more than one occasion. I don't think his dance was barbaric at all. It just made him look like a goose and highlighted discrimination in the AFL to me.

willo said:
Yeah good on Adam.
I didn't realise other indigenous players were in need of any support.

You haven't been paying attention.

Our club, RFC, stated unequivocally, that when people were booing Adam Goodes, Shane Edwards and Nathan Drummond felt that they were being booed as well.

That was part of the reason for us playing in the dreamtime jumper on Friday night.

bruntonave. said:
So you can't actually quote him.

If you can't quote him accurately, then don't quote him at all.

He did not say anything like willows claim. You, or Willo are free to provide the quote if it's otherwise.

I didn't quote him actually. Remember you had a crack at me for indicating it was more or less what he said. I told you I didn't quote him because I couldn't open the link to give the exact words. I have quoted him in a previous post. Who are you to tell others what to post? As others referred to you are bullying.

bruntonave. said:
As a non-indigenous australian, what are you prepared to cop to?

That is a very ordinary comment. What a shame you obviously feel a need to pigeon hole people into racial compartments rather than just discuss actual opinions. I don't know if willo is black, brown or brindle. I wouldn't be assuming anyone from where he lives is Indigenous or non-Indigenous.

tigersnake said:
This is getting weird.

Indeed. Good to debate though. Discrimination and treatment of people based on race is alive and well disappointingly.

bruntonave. said:
As a non-indigenous australian, what are you prepared to cop to?

That is a pretty ordinary comment. What a shame you obviously feel a need to pigeon hole people into racial compartments rather than just discuss actual opinions. I don't know if willo is black, brown or brindle. I wouldn't be assuming anyone from where he lives is either Indigenous or non-Indigenous.

rosy23 said:
You have repeatedly referred to me saying Adam Goodes' dance was barbaric despite the fact i didn't say that

Except that you did:

rosy23 said:
Pretending to spear people is barbaric behaviour...if white people pretended to shoot him with a shot gun I'd think the same. Both behaviours of primitive and violent people many years ago. Nott a bit relevant to games of football now.

Let's hope Simonds Stadium doesn't end being treated like a POW camp with Big Brother keeping its eye on whoever boos.

rosy23 said:
That is a very ordinary comment.

No it's not. It's a simple question.

Any non -indigenous australian can ask it of themselves.

I'm a non-indigenous australian and I'm prepared to accept that part of the prosperity and freedom I enjoy arises in part from unjust, illegal and genocidal dispossession of the first australians.
I'm prepared to accept that continuing indigenous disadvantage arises fro this also.
And think think it's our responsibility to face it, try to understand it, and support efforts to do something about it.

tigersnake said:
It ain't nitpicking, the clear implication was that it was an equal ledger. To suggest otherwise renders the comment pointless, I mean pointless from your perspective. Either you're taking the p!ss or you have no idea what you're talking about (it seems to me you like it that way).

The yes or no thing is another example of a half-truth.

What a load of cobblers.
Implication it was an equal ledger? Geez give me break. What, do think I was counting the numbers and saying that was equal? Which is bs and you both know it. Either that or a lack of comprehension.
Or that atrocities weren't committed by both black and white. Which there were. History proves that.

If it was "pointless" why bother to comment. Just another snide remark, the same as "Taking the *smile*" or I don't know what I'm talking about eh? I notice you couldn't refute what I said, so just chip away.

Refusing to answer yes or no (wasn't addressed to you by the way) is "another example of a half truth" . In reality is just a cop out when you don't want to answer something so It's just a space filler.

As I have explained multiple times brunton I think the pretend spearing was barbaric. Not once in that quote you keep referring to have I mentioned the word dance. I referred to one component of what he did as being barbaric. I also said I'd feel the same if the tables were tuned and someone acted out ancient acts of violence against Adam. You are deliberately misrepresenting what I actually said. The first time fair enough but after having had explained what I meant multiple times it's obvious you're doing it deliberately.