Re: Adam Goodes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Adam Goodes

Doesn't want to be considered for the Madden Medal. What could be his reasoning? Seems a strange decision.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/count-me-out-for-aflpas-madden-medal-adam-goodes-20151006-gk2c56.html

did anyone hear what Allen from Greenvale said on the SEN soapbox last night? He might be a flog Essendon supporter, but he's right on the money on this one... he labelled Goodes a sook for asking to not be considered for the madden medal. not sure if they podcast it, but if they do, have a listen.

Ian4 said:
did anyone hear what Allen from Greenvale said on the SEN soapbox last night? He might be a flog Essendon supporter, but he's right on the money on this one... he labelled Goodes a sook for asking to not be considered for the madden medal. not sure if they podcast it, but if they do, have a listen.

He's nowhere near the money. Just more ignorance and lack of understanding. Why would anyone listen to that? Oh thats right.

Ian4 said:

I don't understand. People got grumpy at him for being australian of the year. And now they're grumpy at him for asking not to be nominated for any more awards.

He really isn't allowed to do anything right, is he?

Coburgtiger said:
I don't understand. People got grumpy at him for being australian of the year. And now they're grumpy at him for asking not to be nominated for any more awards.

He really isn't allowed to do anything right, is he?

the treatment of goodes this year was barbaric...atrocious..australian mob bogan mentality at its ugliest....and to this day I've never had anyone justify why everyone boo him....his australian of the year speech was humble ,dignified ,and quite beautiful...so it cant be that.......if he won an award this year he would be hogging the limelight..if he refuses it he is a sook.....unbeleivable.....the essednon supporter on sen sounds like a typical jerk to me.......

Ian4 said:

good grief..what a load of bogan bulls87t..how is it right on the money???.....

arlobill said:
good grief..what a load of bogan bulls87t..how is it right on the money???.....

Ian thinks its right on the money. As would a lot of other people. We've got a long way to go

This story is quite sad.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/retail/david-jones-flooded-with-abuse-after-adam-goodes-announced-as-ambassador-20151018-gkcacz

Baloo said:
This story is quite sad.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/retail/david-jones-flooded-with-abuse-after-adam-goodes-announced-as-ambassador-20151018-gkcacz

Just reading the facebook comments now, wow, its really nasty. No-one can claim there isn't a racist component to it now.

Yep. We have got a long way to go in terms of reconciliation in this country.

Of course, I'm sure people will still be uppity and claim that the booing and overt racist hate shown here are not connected... "Don't tell me what we should think" and all that.

antman said:
Yep. We have got a long way to go in terms of reconciliation in this country.

Of course, I'm sure people will still be uppity and claim that the booing and overt racist hate shown here are not connected... "Don't tell me what we should think" and all that.

Nobody ever said that there wasn't a racist element connected with the booing and all that. What people said was that the racism was from a minority. You're the one who is getting all uppity and saying everyone who booed is being racist and telling others what they think. I guess you're a physic or something. Maybe you can tell me what I think of you?

I guess it's crystal clear then. Anyone who doesn't like Adam Goodes for whatever reason is racist. No more hating Adam Goodes! For the benefit of the people, they should add this to the definition of racism in the dictionary and teach this in primary school in future so we all know where we stand.

Now go stick your black and white one dimensional heads back in the sand. You'll be in good company with the real racist bogans who booed Adam Goodes purely because of his race.

1eyedtiger said:
Nobody ever said that there wasn't a racist element connected with the booing and all that. What people said was that the racism was from a minority. You're the one who is getting all uppity and saying everyone who booed is being racist and telling others what they think. I guess you're a physic or something. Maybe you can tell me what I think of you?

I guess it's crystal clear then. Anyone who doesn't like Adam Goodes for whatever reason is racist. No more hating Adam Goodes! For the benefit of the people, they should add this to the definition of racism in the dictionary and teach this in primary school in future so we all know where we stand.

Now go stick your black and white one dimensional heads back in the sand. You'll be in good company with the real racist bogans who booed Adam Goodes purely because of his race.

Pretty simple. You can only be judged on your actions. You're satisfied there was a racist element to the booing.
Those who joined in with that booing when it became persistent and continual joined in with a racist act.

Who knows what their intentions were. But their actions were to jump on board with racial abuse. Pretty low.

Wow. Haven't shopped there for years, but I might go and check out their summer collection, Might end up looking sharp.

Coburgtiger said:
Pretty simple. You can only be judged on your actions. You're satisfied there was a racist element to the booing.
Those who joined in with that booing when it became persistent and continual joined in with a racist act.

Who knows what their intentions were. But their actions were to jump on board with racial abuse. Pretty low.

Yes, I'm satisfied that a small minority of those booing were racist. But you have no right to tar everyone with the same brush, claiming that the act of booing is itself racist. What a load of rot. Do you make this claim every time someone is booed? I bet not, otherwise you'd have your own thread on booing about a million pages long by now.

And where are all the people booing Cyril Rioli? That's right, there are none because your claims of racism are clearly over the top.

1eyedtiger said:
Yes, I'm satisfied that a small minority of those booing were racist. But you have no right to tar everyone with the same brush, claiming that the act of booing is itself racist. What a load of rot. Do you make this claim every time someone is booed? I bet not, otherwise you'd have your own thread on booing about a million pages long by now.

And where are all the people booing Cyril Rioli? That's right, there are none because your claims of racism are clearly over the top.

Yeah its my democratic right, to tar people however I want to, George Brandis said so.

By even the most charitable of analysis, it was no small minority either.

On the Cyril thing, it was addressed and explained my multiple people in multiple ways. It makes zero difference to your views, so why bring it up? If you're actually interested go back and read the discussion again. Read some other sources maybe. Talk to some blackfellas maybe. pretty crazy ideas I know.

1eyedtiger said:

Again, I'll say it's simple. If you were contributing to that consistent weekly prejudiced booing, you were joining in on a racist act. If that doesn't suit well with you, it's probably because it's true.

It doesn't mean everyone who was booing was racist. But it's not as black and white as being 'a racist' or not. Tolerant people can still do damaging things, and ultimately perpetuate prejudice.

The feedback on the DJ's Facebook prove that the racist element was a huge part of the booing.

It's become a national disgrace.

SCOOP said:
The feedback on the DJ's Facebook prove that the racist element was a huge part of the booing.

It's become a national disgrace.

I haven't read the Facebook page. Don't even know what it is. How does it prove booing had a huge racist element?