Re: Adam Goodes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Adam Goodes

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Thanks preers for being so sensitive to mr Goodes. I came to this thread with much trepidation this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed Rohan Connolly’s heartfelt take on this issue on the footyology podcast (about 1/2 an hour in after Buckley discussion). It’s worth a listen

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Would I want to go back into a workplace that made me feel uncomfortable? To get all the same questions again?

Just to get a shiny plaque and allow those that wronged me some sort of redemption?

Nah.
I am in support of Goodes decision, puts the heat on AFL again, and will each year as they have to decide to renominate him.
However in reducing the hall of fame to a shiny plaque you undermine the seriousness of Goodes stance. Like saying the VC is only a dull clump of metal.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The start of it was the AFL excluding state games from career tallies, making Greig the only player cast out of the 300 club. He'll happily watch local footy but says the AFL is unwatchable.
That's a joke. Don't pre-season games count? State games absolutely should.

The 300 club gives you AFL life membership. Did they rescind that?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That's a joke. Don't pre-season games count? State games absolutely should.

The 300 club gives you AFL life membership. Did they rescind that?
Pre-season games don’t count towards official tallies; perhaps they do for life membership. I haven’t heard that they took life membership off him.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
The start of it was the AFL excluding state games from career tallies, making Greig the only player cast out of the 300 club. He'll happily watch local footy but says the AFL is unwatchable.
In the past, say before the 80’s, I think they used to count state games in your career tally if you missed your club’s match because of it. I might be mistaken on that.
I think after that , state games or state of origin games were scheduled to be played so they didn’t clash with the home and away games either played mid week or during a bye. They weren’t included in your career tally as such. I think captain blood went from 312 games to 310 after this bureaucrat decision.
I believe you have to play 300 h&a games to be in the 309 club but state games and international rules games count unofficially towards a players tally to take him into life membership

Reactions: 1 users