Recovery Plan (twentysomethings) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Recovery Plan (twentysomethings)

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Trade Martin for pick 26
Compo Broad for pick 29
Trade Short for pick 27
Trade Bolton for picks 12 and 23

12, 21, 23, 26, 27, 29

How deep is the draft?

Shoot the lights out with those picks and collect a top five next season.

Yes, very speculative but some creativity is required here.

It is possible.

Last edited:

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I find it interesting that we haven't had deals for Braod and K- Mac announced. Their manager talked about getting something done back in mid March, I reckon the club is putting deals for older players on hold until we see how the rest of the year unfolds.

Broad will walk via FA and we get a compo pick if we don't sign anyone, so you won't get a pick there. Same K-Mac.
Short, Vlaustin and Graham for me need to be tabled at trade time.
Martin can serve his time out a one club legend, don't care about output, owes us nothing.
And Bolton, you keep at all costs. Need a game-breaker of the future.

Reactions: 2 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Ladder At The Min
Pick 12 Geelong
Pick 23 Fremantle
Pick 26 Sydney
Pick 27 Bulldogs
Pick 29 Adelaide

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I find it interesting that we haven't had deals for Braod and K- Mac announced. Their manager talked about getting something done back in mid March, I reckon the club is putting deals for older players on hold until we see how the rest of the year unfolds.

Broad will walk via FA and we get a compo pick if we don't sign anyone, so you won't get a pick there. Same K-Mac.
Martin can serve his time out a one club legend, don't care about output, owes us nothing.
Pickett trade also. Had enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Thanks Scooper, amended.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
On Bolton -

He is a cherry if ever I saw one.

Great in a great team, largely ineffective in a poor one.

To me, he represents an opportunity to launch the next dynasty, but alas won’t be a part of it.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don't think we will (or should) throw the baby out with the bath water, so a definite no to trading Dusty or Shai.

I'm in the camp that things can change quickly.

I personally don't think we would get anything much back for Broad. He's 30 and I don't think he holds the value outside of our club so has more value to us. I would put Vlastuin on the trade table. We recruited Brown for this role and as we know (as its repeated so much on here) we overlooked JVR so lets get a look at him.

Kmac - I love what he gives us, but is 29. If he is given a better option elsewhere, then we probably get an end of 2nd for him. He's probably 1 that you let go with a heavy heart.

Graham probably gets us a 2nd.

If we were to add Himmelberg as a FA, it starts to right the ship a little bit. Get the balance right in our midfield, as much as I love him, I think we are trying to find a spot for Cotch and its impacting our overall gameplay.

Get Himmelberg in, have our 2nd (mid 20's - I still don't think we will finish bottom 5 like a lot do), a 2nd for Graham, an end of 2nf for Kmac and our 3rd and 4th and target smalls with those later ones.

We might see players like Gibcus, Brown, Banks, Biggie, Bauer etc in our team by the end of the year. I think wit his injuries we might need to wait until next year for Campbell but we could really do with him being fit this year to give a crack in the forward half of the ground.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Are either of the WA clubs really in a position where picking up an ageing Broad or K-Mac is a good idea?

I reckon West Coast would, particularly with Kmac. Wings are a hard role to play (and not 1 for kids IMO). They showed their hand with recruiting Hunt last year. I think they would jump at having Kmac and Hunt on the wings whilst they bring in their next group of youngsters.

Broads a bit harder to pick (and why I don't think we would get much for him). Freo has a good defence. West Coast is a maybe but they already have an older defence and not getting games into their younger players, so I'm not sure they'd want to add another to the mix. I reckon Broad stays, but Kmac potentially leaves, especially if we think Banks can step into that role.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I don't think we will (or should) throw the baby out with the bath water, so a definite no to trading Dusty or Shai.

I'm in the camp that things can change quickly.

I personally don't think we would get anything much back for Broad. He's 30 and I don't think he holds the value outside of our club so has more value to us. I would put Vlastuin on the trade table. We recruited Brown for this role and as we know (as its repeated so much on here) we overlooked JVR so lets get a look at him.

Kmac - I love what he gives us, but is 29. If he is given a better option elsewhere, then we probably get an end of 2nd for him. He's probably 1 that you let go with a heavy heart.

Graham probably gets us a 2nd.

If we were to add Himmelberg as a FA, it starts to right the ship a little bit. Get the balance right in our midfield, as much as I love him, I think we are trying to find a spot for Cotch and its impacting our overall gameplay.

Get Himmelberg in, have our 2nd (mid 20's - I still don't think we will finish bottom 5 like a lot do), a 2nd for Graham, an end of 2nf for Kmac and our 3rd and 4th and target smalls with those later ones.

We might see players like Gibcus, Brown, Banks, Biggie, Bauer etc in our team by the end of the year. I think wit his injuries we might need to wait until next year for Campbell but we could really do with him being fit this year to give a crack in the forward half of the ground.
If we sign HH (or any FA) we dont get compo for any FAs we lose.
Broad and/or Kmac would be 3rd compos anyway- they arent going to get big contracts and are both old.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If we sign HH (or any FA) we dont get compo for any FAs we lose.
Broad and/or Kmac would be 3rd compos anyway- they arent going to get big contracts and are both old.

Oh yeah good point. Probably take out the Kmac pick. I don't think we will let Broad leave unless he is adamant he wants to leave and has a club that wants him.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
As usual we rate the trade currency of our own players way too high.

Short and Shai worked be the only ones with any real value. Shai would be the one to trade if any.

Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Trade Martin for pick 26
Compo Broad for pick 29
Trade Short for pick 27
Trade Bolton for picks 12 and 23

12, 21, 23, 26, 27, 29

How deep is the draft?

Shoot the lights out with those picks and collect a top five next season.

Yes, very speculative but some creativity is required here.

It is possible.

going to the draft and building an elite side is a long game
here is our haul from the 2021 draft
I still hold out hopes for all of these , but the reality is they aren't impacting games any time soon

1682912404184.png

and in 2020 we took Sampson Ryan(40) and MJR(51)

I'm a strong believer we need to preserve some strength and structure in the side else we become a North

If we get a sense Dusty's hearts not in it or he really needs a change , then so be it , trade away
The WA boys , both the WA teams are likely to be desperate for an injection of senior talent and might pay overs
I wouldn't want to clean out the lot , get thrashed like North and West Coast did on the weekend and heads drop

Then look at bundling any picks from trades with our 2nd round pick and see if we can move up , two picks in the top 10 would be nice
and even then we still have to be prepared to wait 2-3 years for them to impact games

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We're to scared to put big names up for trade and we need to now being out of the next 2 first rounds.