Recovery Plan (twentysomethings) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Recovery Plan (twentysomethings)

As usual we rate the trade currency of our own players way too high.

Short and Shai worked be the only ones with any real value. Shai would be the one to trade if any.
We have no leverage this trade period.

If we want a first round pick, we have nothing to give up that is worthy of a first rounder.

No club is trading a 1st or 2nd rounder for a 30+ year old

Reactions: 1 user
Some of the crap mentioned here is why I don't post much, and won't in the future. Dusty for Pick 26????? Short for pick 27, Bolton for ...... FFS we have had a magnificent run. Let's get Lynch Nank and Gibcus back before the bargain basement fire sale. Last time we had a reasonable list to choose from we beat Adelaide. Richmond supporters.....been spoilt, harden up and show a bit of loyalty. If our players carried on the way some of our supporters do we would still be in 2016 mode. ADIOS.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Some of the crap mentioned here is why I don't post much, and won't in the future. Dusty for Pick 26????? Short for pick 27, Bolton for ...... FFS we have had a magnificent run. Let's get Lynch Nank and Gibcus back before the bargain basement fire sale. Last time we had a reasonable list to choose from we beat Adelaide. Richmond supporters.....been spoilt, harden up and show a bit of loyalty. If our players carried on the way some of our supporters do we would still be in 2016 mode. ADIOS.
Adios amigo!!!

We just traded away 2 years worth of first round picks to bring in senior players and now we are looking at trading our senior players to get back into the draft. We have become an absolute laughing stock.

Before i entertain any trading of our players for picks, first i would need to know that the senior coach has what it takes to go through another rebuild. He has the right assistants in place to develop these picks we would get and MOST importantly we have the right recruitment team to turn those picks into the next premiership side.

At the moment i have zero confidence in any of the above.

Something has to change but i think it needs to involve more than just the playing list.

Last edited:
Don’t want to be another Hawthorn.

That’s terrible treatment of players and supposedly we are above that!

Those players don’t deserve such treatment.

If they wanted to leave, we’ll that’s an entirely different scenario.

Reactions: 1 users
Geez some of you blokes struggle under pressure and mustnt have ever played footy

If your rebuilding with kids,

You need some hardened tough pricks to look after them physically.

Trading out broad kmac and marlion :rotfl1

You get nothing and the kids all get busted.

Thats called a lose:lose.

But hey? Lets start another thread.

Maybe

We are *smile* and im taking up opiods for 5 years

Reactions: 12 users
Geez some of you blokes struggle under pressure and mustnt have ever played footy

If your rebuilding with kids,

You need some hardened tough pricks to look after them physically.

Trading out broad kmac and marlion :rotfl1

You get nothing and the kids all get busted.

Thats called a lose:lose.

But hey? Lets start another thread.

Maybe

We are *smile* and im taking up opiods for 5 years
“Taking up” ???

Heh heh heh…one your best.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Trade Martin for pick 26
Compo Broad for pick 29
Trade Short for pick 27
Trade Bolton for picks 12 and 23

12, 21, 23, 26, 27, 29

How deep is the draft?

Shoot the lights out with those picks and collect a top five next season.

Yes, very speculative but some creativity is required here.

It is possible.
Realistically won’t get that much for Dusty at his age but maybe Graham?

I’d probably look at trying to package a few of those picks up for a couple of top 15-20 picks.

Realistically won’t get that much for Dusty at his age but maybe Graham?

I’d probably look at trying to package a few of those picks up for a couple of top 15-20 picks.
I honestly don’t think we’d get much for Graham. He’s a good, solid player, but has a history of injury at a fairly young age.

• Sad
I'm still waiting for my heroin margarita.

I'm working on a suppository format that you insert of Thursday night and its slow release until Monday morning,

but I cant get the little salt rim to stick.

• Haha