Resignation | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Resignation

pm... your ability to get a bagging in of spud no matter the topic of the thread is amazing....makes me lol

jb03 said:
pm... your ability to get a bagging in of spud no matter the topic of the thread is amazing....makes me lol

It amazes me that we are drilling down to worrying about ex-basketballers leaving the tiges after a year....if it were the 70's i dont think that it would have rated a mention, we would have been to busy talking about the real stuff that happens on field..

praying manton said:
jb03 said:

It amazes me that we are drilling down to worrying about ex-basketballers leaving the tiges after a year....if it were the 70's i dont think that it would have rated a mention, we would have been to busy talking about the real stuff that happens on field..

PM - Not worried that he has left the club, i started this topic as I thought others on this Board might be interested. He's actually one of the Senior managers at the club and has made a pretty big impact on the place whilst he was there.

And PM I can assure you that our clubs problems rest alot higher then Spud..........but you obviously don't see that. Maybe you will one day.

I think fewer then 8 wins would fall into the poor season category for our group of players.
I'm expecting us to win 9-13 games this season - any less and I'll be disappointed, anymore and I'll be very pleased.

The Boss said:
I think fewer then 8 wins would fall into the poor season category for our group of players.
I'm expecting us to win 9-13 games this season - any less and I'll be disappointed, anymore and I'll be very pleased.

so you will not be dissapointed if we dont play at least 2 finals?..barring injuries...anything less will again constitute mediocrity. I guess Spud caught between a rock and hard place..he fails to get us to the finals he fails..he makes the finals and bombs out after one he fails...poor old Spud.

Jesus PM - if you expect us to play in 2 finals this season you might be in for some major disappointment. There's one thing not to accept mediocrity and theres another to being stupid. And you are definately being the latter!!

Anyway, i don't think I'm going to waste any more key strokes on you, try to convince someone else.

The solution to all out problems always seems to be to get rid of one person and get someone else in.

And what happens when the next person doesn’t perform miracles? We’ll get someone else of course, etc., etc., etc.

It is such an easy way out of everything, but solves absolutely nothing and creates more issues than you can poke a stick at.

It’s all well and good to say go get someone else, but who? We haven’t found anyone who has had the recipe for success, why are we now suddenly going to find that person?

Over the years, RFC has reacted to criticism in a way that has not helped anyone. A way to stop that is to let people take care of the role they are entrusted with. If things aren’t going according to plan then ask why not and put in place steps to help that person in their role.

If it becomes evident that the person is clearly not suited to that role then by all means make changes. But why remove someone if you don’t even know what they are truly capable of, given a bit of encouragement, support, guidance, experience and knowledge? That’s how people improve.

And the reason we never improve is because we never give anyone the opportunity to do so.

That starts at the top, off the field and works it’s way on to the playing field. Is it any wonder we have rarely seen our players improve from one season to the next, on a consistent basis. The fact that they have not been accountable is perhaps a large reason for that, because we’ve always made the Coach responsible for any failings.

Pretty simple option really.

The Boss said:
Jesus PM - if you expect us to play in 2 finals this season you might be in for some major disappointment. There's one thing not to accept mediocrity and theres another to being stupid. And you are definately being the latter!!

Anyway, i don't think I'm going to waste any more key strokes on you, try to convince someone else.

Boss I am not the one that is going around saying let Spud do his thing...so now I talk in the positive and I get bagged..
One question I ask to you is:
Do you honestly believe that our list cant do it?
We did in Spuds first year...now we have filtered out most of the duds...and I say most of them not all of them....and we have included some exciting new talent..barring injuries..youdont think we can do what youthink is stupid?

jackstar said:
Sorry  but how could any say the membership dept is in good shape ?
I paid up two months ago and all I get is broken promises and letters in the mail saying to join up
Also , lots of members had problems last year with there tickets scanning etc.
All the club did was say , see ticketmaster , not our problem, this is a fact
Anyway, Paul was communications Manager not membership Manager ???
They dont know what there doing and never will !

Yours would have to be one of the very few complaints of its kind jackstar; everyone I speak to is rapt w/ the level of service our membership department provided them with.
How do you explain membership totals being 30% up on the same time last year? It sure as hell isn't on the back of team performance!

As the Boss rightly pointed out - Maley's departure is definitely NOT the be-all end-all for the club, but it's wrong to say that he hasn't cared for the club or worked his backside off for it.
He's had a lot to do with putting together the membership program and generating all of the branding and marketing of it, and most members will tell you they think it's pretty bloody good. Also, he certainly seems to have chosen the right guy to run the department - I reckon Trent Jacobs is doing a great job.

As for Maley's passion for the club, I've heard him speak/present at the Wantirna club and on match day and he definitely loves the club.

The position will probably be out sourced.
Whether that is a good thing or not I don't know.
The boot studders job will probably eventually get out sourced.

It's certainly not the job that it was in the old days, but they still do use the screw in's on occassions.
Our boot studder is llmar Tiltins.

bg25 said:
Today's Herald Sun - Paul Maley has resigned to take up a partnership with Andrew Gaze and his brother in law.

Will leave after Collingwood match.

And I spoke to Paul on Thursday when I found out, he's going to be involved in marketing various basketball related things apparently - and the "brother in law" is Nigel Purchase (I think, yeah 90% sure), an ex-Melbourne Tigers player who's sister married Andrew.

Paul didn't seem to "downbeat" about moving on and I reckon he did ok during his time at Punt Road.