Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

Stocker delisted by the Blues. Played out of position IMO. They had him as a small defender.

And Will Hayes. Just a dumb mid season selection *smile* up by the Blues.
Yep, Hayes drafted on June 1 and delisted Sept 5, 3 months. They did the same thing a few years ago with Josh Deluca. If their list manager is that bad that they can’t more more than 3 months out of their mid season picks it’s not the players they need to punt.

Reactions: 2 users
Hard pass on Stocker. He is a nothing player. Neither quick, skilled, athletic or a ball magnet. Not sure what Carlton thought they were getting.

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 16632

Richmond's season has only just ended, but the Tigers are poised to be one of the busiest club's this off-season.

Tom Browne has reported on Triple M Footy this afternoon that Richmond could land both Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper from GWS.

It is rumoured that Taranto could offered as much as a 7-year deal, while Hopper is still firmly on their radar despite strong links to Geelong.

Browne also reported that Trent Cotchin has been offered a one-year deal to play on next year.

Andy Samberg Ew GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’ve heard from a reliable source that we are, in fact, right up to our necks in Hopper.
Was at our club on Monday according to a seperate source.
Not sure how we possibly pull it off, but apparently we’re going hard
Millers stepping up in the relief ruck role has suddenly made Soldo a possible trade target I would say.

Castagna also now must be questioning his medium to longer term future at the RFC., On the table with RCD I reckon.

Aarts and Martyn are goneski.

I'd keep Soldo if possible as he will be better next year following another pre season post ACL , and Nank is getting more and more injury prone.

Last edited:
“NO IT’S THAT ONE THAT WE’RE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING…”

View attachment 16633

:rotfl1

"The Blues famously swapped future first-round picks with Adelaide during the 2018 AFL draft while acquiring pick 19 to use on Stocker, who then-list boss Stephen Silvagni rated the sixth-best player in the pool."

"Speaking about Stocker two years after drafting him and having departed the club by then, Silvagni slammed critics for a lack of patience and maintained belief that the 22-year-old would be a success."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
RCD and Stack tradeable.
Soldo is still our best insurance for an aging Nank.
Martyn and Aarts delist.
Our B and F Shorty is now in no man's land since being swapped to midfield.
Bakes....not sure where he is best. Needs to settle down in defence imho.
Do we go with 3 small defenders? Maybe rotate through the bench.
If we boost the midfield, we then need to find a small forward with the ability of Daniel to complement MJ and Noah.
Now where on earth can we find a triple premiership small forward with the ability of Daniel? We could have used such a player in the last quarter against the Lions.......

Yep. Keep getting back to Daniel, no matter which way I look at it. Every time he has gone near the goals this year something happened. It's like playing Eddie Betts in the back pocket!

My dream was to start Daniel on the forward line in the last quarter of several games this year and they turned into bloody nightmares with lesser quality small forwards consistently stuffing things up.
Daniel has been really, really good this year but our small forwards have been woeful.

I don't like to say I told you so, but, I told you so.

(PS Daniel has been my favourite player for most of his career.)

• Dislike
RCD and Stack tradeable.
Martyn and Aarts delist.
If we boost the midfield, we then need to find a small forward with the ability of Daniel to complement MJ and Noah.
Now where on earth can we find a triple premiership small forward with the ability of Daniel? We could have used such a player in the last quarter against the Lions.......

Yep. Keep getting back to Daniel, no matter which way I look at it. Every time he has gone near the goals this year something happened. It's like playing Eddie Betts in the back pocket!

My dream was to start Daniel on the forward line in the last quarter of several games this year and they turned into bloody nightmares with lesser quality small forwards consistently stuffing things up.
Daniel has been really, really good this year but our small forwards have been woeful.

1662383875922.gif

• Haha
RCD and Stack tradeable.
Martyn and Aarts delist.

It's a tough one. I love the idea of Dan Rioli back in the forward line, and we have too many small defenders. But he has been so good as a running half back.

Difficult.

DS

"6th best player in the draft" - Stephen Silvagne <-- :rotfl1
Liam Stocker is simply one of the best midfielders in this year’s draft crop. He appears ready to play against men and would be a strong chance to do so at AFL level in 2019 if he can get his body right early on with a full pre-season behind him. Stocker is an elite inside midfielder who bursts out of stoppages, is dangerous when drifting forward, tackles hard and takes marks around the ground. His ability to have an influence throughout four quarters is very good and expect him to be high on a lot of club's draft boards.

I remember distinctly SOS saying in a meeting that his son Ben Silvagni was at the same level as the King brothers. We all thought we were hearing things. Horrible judge of talent