Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

Feb 25, 2007
tarranto.jpg

Richmond's season has only just ended, but the Tigers are poised to be one of the busiest club's this off-season.

Tom Browne has reported on Triple M Footy this afternoon that Richmond could land both Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper from GWS.

It is rumoured that Taranto could offered as much as a 7-year deal, while Hopper is still firmly on their radar despite strong links to Geelong.

Browne also reported that Trent Cotchin has been offered a one-year deal to play on next year.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
LOL, TB has gone troppo.

We pull that off and we are the kings of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
LOL, TB has gone troppo.

I’ve heard from a reliable source that we are, in fact, right up to our necks in Hopper.
Was at our club on Monday according to a seperate source.
Not sure how we possibly pull it off, but apparently we’re going hard

JACOB Hopper has met with Richmond as the Greater Western Sydney star weighs up his future.

Hopper is contracted to the Giants for next year but, as AFL.com.au revealed in July, has been considering a move to Victoria.

Geelong and the Tigers are pursuing the gun midfielder, with the Tigers set to land fellow Giants midfielder Tim Taranto.

It is understood Hopper met with the Tigers on Monday as the 25-year-old gets closer to making a decision on his preferred destination, with the Giants in a position to smooth their salary cap situation if he and Taranto depart.

Hopper played only seven games this season as he dealt with a knee injury, having been third in the Giants' best and fairest in 2021 when he was an All-Australian squad member.

He is a pre-agent, meaning he is a year out from hitting free agency, which would require a trade to be struck if he moved clubs.

Hopper is a graduate of the Giants' Academy, having been a top-10 selection in 2015 but he boarded at school in Ballarat before being drafted.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/837156

Last edited:

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Stocker delisted by the Blues. Played out of position IMO. They had him as a small defender.

And Will Hayes. Just a dumb mid season selection *smile* up by the Blues.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
LOL, TB has gone troppo.

If it was only Browne that mentioned it then definitely LOLS, but has also been reported elsewhere so maybe some truth to it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Stocker delisted by the Blues. Played out of position IMO. They had him as a small defender.

And Will Hayes. Just a dumb mid season selection *smile* up by the Blues.
I wonder if somewhere SOS has somehow reversed his little fist pump

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
View attachment 16632

Richmond's season has only just ended, but the Tigers are poised to be one of the busiest club's this off-season.

Tom Browne has reported on Triple M Footy this afternoon that Richmond could land both Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper from GWS.

It is rumoured that Taranto could offered as much as a 7-year deal, while Hopper is still firmly on their radar despite strong links to Geelong.

Browne also reported that Trent Cotchin has been offered a one-year deal to play on next year.

We could sign bont, cripps, amiss and charlie cameron

And another year of cotchy would make me way happier than any new bloke.

I love cotchy

Reactions: 3 users