Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
What’s Mansell going to do when the ball hits the ground He’s not a natural forward he just battles along
1 tackles against Dees last night he even failed as a defensive forward and no goals that’s pathetic
Bit hard to defend when May and Lever taking marks at will.Your right he's not a natural fwd but thats not what he's in the side for.Leave the natural fwd stuff too the likes of Bolton/MJ etc.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't deny Mansell is a trier but, for me, he brings little to the game bar a couple of nice cameo touches. I would rather see another cub (maybe Cumbo) taking his place as they should offer us more
Sadly, The Cummerbund had a fairly similar game impact as what Nigel did. Problem is the Cummer only managed it at magoos level not seniors.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It was noticeable a few time in the first half he set up for the 'crumbing role" getting front and centre but Naismith and/or Kelts couldn't get to the contest and it was an easy intercept mark for the Dee's. Second half he contested some of those balls in though undersized. You can't blame him if the forward structure and incoming disposal isn't in line with gameplan/instructions. In another thread Sam's poor forward work is discussed. That cruelled Seth and Rhyan.

Thats how I saw his game too. He was in the right places but we couldn't bring the ball to ground. Even when Naismith and Lefau were in the right spots to compete, May, Lever and McDonald are too smart and experienced to let them get to the ball. They are smart with the way they block, I saw it numerous times, where 1 blocked for the other, but they are smart in that they make it look like they are competing for the mark when they aren't hence the umps are highly unlikely to pay a free.

I'd love to see a breakdown of where they took their marks, the vast majority would have been intercept marks in our F50, but May took 12, Lever took 10, McDonald had 8, Rivers took 12 etc. There were a lot of marks taken by their backmen, meaning that the ball wasn't coming to ground for the smalls.

You could have played Eddie Betts, Peter Daicos and Cyril Rioli in there and they'd have had a similar impact to Mansell. Was not a good day to be a small, probably 1 of the hardest places to play as a small right now, is in our F50. Our midfield didn't help with a lot of dump kicks into the forward line that made it easy for the Melbourne backline to put those blocks on and take the intercept mark.

Reactions: 4 users