Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
He wasn't as bad as the naysayers are suggesting, but I would like him to hit the scoreboard a bit more. Definitely helped setup a couple though, Lefau's first goal comes to mind. I like him because he's hard at it and doesn't give up, reminds me of Liam Baker in that regard, although not as naturally skilled. It was a tough day coming up against Melbourne's backline with so little quality tall support on our end so I'd keep him in for next week.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Struggled to have any impact.
I've liked a lot of his work this year but might need a spell for a week to see what others offer.
We have little to lose at this point than give players opportunity.

Reactions: 8 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Useless. Absolutely useless. Let’s not beat around the bush - offers nothing. Please go & don’t come back
You serious ?
You actually go and watch the game
Played a defensive role at times
Also his spoil where he gathered his own crumb and handballed to Lefua was first class.
Campbell is the one that needs a rest

Reactions: 6 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
You serious ?
Also his spoil where he gathered his own crumb and handballed to Lefua was first class.
Been to most games over the last 45 years. I think we’ll disagree on this one. I’m sorry but Mansell offers nothing offensively to me. Can’t see the point to pley players to mitigate margins rather than win games.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
You serious ?
He is a No good mate wake up
Doesn't kick goals.
Slow as shittt
Defensive role on who??

He watched Melbourne defenders mark the ball 3 times in the 1st half, he didn't attempt to jump.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
You serious ?
I’ve watched his game if it can be called that He makes FAarts look like he should’ve been AA
Mansell is a battler offers nothing as a forward doesn’t kick goals
He’s a backman that we’re once again onto our 3rd coach want to turn into a forward
Give someone else a go

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I love guys like Mansell because he is a wholehearted footballer. As others have mentioned he works so hard and does a lot of work without the ball that is very important.
The issue for me is that he is a limited AFL footballer despite all that. He is the classic 24-35 on the list player.
I don't want to be hard on him because I really admire his work ethic and attitude but I would play Coulthard for him or Campbell next match

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
At one stage he was playing FF on May WTF is going on?
And therein lies the answer to your question. WTF is a small defensive forward doing trying to play full forward on a key defender like May. No wonder the poor bugger can hardly get a possession with *smile* incoming ball, one extremely inexperienced key forward against two of the comps best tall defender combo in May n Lever. Perhaps he was simply busting his arse trying to help out in whatever way he could because due to injuries their was no other option.

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
And therein lies the answer to your question. WTF is a small defensive forward doing trying to play full forward on a key defender like May. No wonder the poor bugger can hardly get a possession with *smile* incoming ball, one extremely inexperienced key forward against two of the comps best tall defender combo in May n Lever. Perhaps he was simply busting his arse trying to help out in whatever way he could because due to injuries their was no other option.
1714010244135.jpeg

Just leaving the goal square. I actually took a pic

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Mansell had another stinker tonight that’s his 3rd game in a row he hasn’t troubled the scoreboard
HF must kick goals if he can’t why the *smile* is he being selected there
His stats 5K 6HB 1M and 1Tackle is pathetic
At one stage he was playing FF on May WTF is going on?
It’s just not good enough to be gifted games when you’re a battler
In all fairness Coulthard, Cumbo & Green must get a go
Never get facts in the way of a good rant.
Who were our tall targets last night?
You know the ones that should at the very least bring the ball to ground for the likes of Mansell too at least have a chance to impact.
Besides he's doing the job what George/Mrj use to do.Its a graveyard role.

Reactions: 8 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
It was noticeable a few time in the first half he set up for the 'crumbing role" getting front and centre but Naismith and/or Kelts couldn't get to the contest and it was an easy intercept mark for the Dee's. Second half he contested some of those balls in though undersized. You can't blame him if the forward structure and incoming disposal isn't in line with gameplan/instructions. In another thread Sam's poor forward work is discussed. That cruelled Seth and Rhyan.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
The
It was noticeable a few time in the first half he set up for the 'crumbing role" getting front and centre but Naismith and/or Kelts couldn't get to the contest and it was an easy intercept mark for the Dee's. Second half he contested some of those balls in though undersized. You can't blame him if the forward structure and incoming disposal isn't in line with gameplan/instructions. In another thread Sam's poor forward work is discussed. That cruelled Seth and Rhyan.
Important thing here is that the coaches will be fully aware of these facts

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Mansell could possibly be a very handy AFL player in the right circumstances but trying to be a defensive small forward without being able to hit the scoreboard ain't Gunna find him success.

Last edited:

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Never get facts in the way of a good rant.
Who were our tall targets last night?
You know the ones that should at the very least bring the ball to ground for the likes of Mansell too at least have a chance to impact.
Besides he's doing the job what George/Mrj use to do.Its a graveyard role.
What’s Mansell going to do when the ball hits the ground He’s not a natural forward he just battles along
1 tackles against Dees last night he even failed as a defensive forward and no goals that’s pathetic

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I don't deny Mansell is a trier but, for me, he brings little to the game bar a couple of nice cameo touches. I would rather see another cub (maybe Cumbo) taking his place as they should offer us more

Reactions: 2 users