Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day)

Feb 25, 2007
It's a special game on the AFL calendar. A National Day of Remembrance for those who served and their sacrifice, to provide a brighter future for generations to come.

anxac day eve.jpg

With all our outs it will be a hard task, but we have shown resilience in many of our games and no doubt I expect the boys to push Melbourne tonight.
Hoping for a miracle but I think the Dess will be too strong in the end.
Melbourne by 22 points.

Round 7, Richmond v Melbourne, Wednesday, April 24, 7.25pm AEST, MCG (Swipe across on mobile)

BacksTylar Young45Nathan Broad35Dylan Grimes2
Half-BacksNick Vlastuin1Tom Brown30Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineHugo Ralphsmith13Jack Graham34Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Rhyan Mansell31Maurice Rioli10
ForwardsMykelti Lefau42Shai Bolton29Dustin Martin4
FollowersToby Nankervis25Liam Baker7Thomson Dow27
Interchange:Jacob Hopper22Sam Naismith24Ben Miller46
Sam Banks41Kamdyn McIntosh33
Emergencies:Kane McAuliffe28

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good job Hirsute, you shagpile wooly behemoth you. I knew I could rely on you for a game day thread.

My worry tonight is getting dominated at clearances. We are last and second last in the league for stoppage and centre clearances respectively. Could be wrong but I don’t see us being able to compete with the likes of Viney, Crystals Oliver, Patricia, Pickett etc.

Unless we can stop them on the outside of stoppages, the ball will be going into our D50 a lot I fear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Good job Hirsute, you shagpile wooly behemoth you. I knew I could rely on you for a game day thread.

My worry tonight is getting dominated at clearances. We are last and second last in the league for stoppage and centre clearances respectively. Could be wrong but I don’t see us being able to compete with the likes of Viney, Oliver, Peteacca, Pickett etc.

Unless we can stop them on the outside of stoppages, the ball will be going into our D50 a lot I fear.

Dont worry, we have big bad Tommy Dow in their way!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

My worry tonight is getting dominated at clearances. We are last and second last in the league for stoppage and centre clearances respectively. Could be wrong but I don’t see us being able to compete with the likes of Viney, Oliver, Peteacca, Pickett etc.

What? our starting CB line up of Graham, Baker and Dow doesnt fill you with confidence?

In the corresponding game last year Hopper had 23 disposals, 4 centre clearances, kicked a goal and received a brownlow vote. We are going to need a similar game from him tonight.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Looking for a competitive showing

I think one way we can worry them is up forward but we need to keep the ball on the ground. They have May, Lever and McDonald all playing back and we basically only have Lefau and a resting ruck with height there. We can worry them on the ground in the forward half with MRioli, Bolton, Martin and Campbell but we can't bomb. I reckon May and McDonald with play on Lefau and the resting rucks and try and get Lever as the spare but whoever is picking him up must move and present continually.

Of course we have to get it in there first. I would play Pickett on ball for some physicality against Petracca, Oliver and Viney.

Demons by 28 but we will be in the game for long periods

Feb 25, 2007

Yeah, mate thought I'd kick it off again.

You're spot on going to be damn tough with Petracca, Oliver and Viney. We just have to hit them hard which is easier said than done.

Dusty, Hopper and Graham have the body size to not get pushed around and Shai, Baker and I guess Dow to get them on the spread.

Must lower the eyes going into forward 50 for some hit-up leads to limit Lever and Mays intercept marking.

They may start with Naismith out of the goal square and see how that plays out. But I would not be at all surprised if Miller plays forward and Macca plays as the 7th defender as he's done before.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Fully ticketed event, they must be having a laugh. There'll be 30k+ empty seats there tonight.
Feeling less & less incentivized to go these days...

After the extra days off I'm expecting a longer & stronger effort this week although on paper it looks a tough task.
A low scoring arm wrestle would suit us nicely.
Fingers crossed the midfield responds after the disaster v the Eagles. A big game for Lefau too to back up vs a very good defense.

Feb 25, 2007
Fully ticketed event, they must be having a laugh. There'll be 30k+ empty seats there tonight.
Feeling less & less incentivized to go these days...

After the extra days off I'm expecting a longer & stronger effort this week although on paper it looks a tough task.
A low scoring arm wrestle would suit us nicely.
Fingers crossed the midfield responds after the disaster v the Eagles. A big game for Lefau too to back up vs a very good defense.

It's a marquee game and our members will turn up in very numbers. Im expecting upwards of 80K which is massive for where we are on the ladder.

Looking forward to the game, I'll be going with 10 Tigers!

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's a marquee game and our members will turn up in very numbers. Im expecting upwards of 80K which is massive for where we are on the ladder.

Looking forward to the game, I'll be going with 10 Tigers!
Will struggle to get 70k.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
I hope you're right but I'll take the unders.
It's a great event no doubt but I don't think this has really shown itself to be worthy of a fully ticketed game yet, possibly in our premiership years when they were up and about too.
Stinks of the AFL/Ticketing companies cashing in to me.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Has there been enough rain today to make it greasy like Redford's potato cakes?

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
First game of the season live, First time ever Anzac eve.
Very excited.
It's a great atmosphere. When they turn the lights off, everyone turns their torches on and the bugler plays The Last Post it's goosebumps. Enjoy.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I have checked on Ticketek to see what's available and I do reckon there will be between 75K to 80K
See, this why we pay you the big bux Hirsute you massive Fozzy Bear. Presuming you’re looking at what’s available across the sections and making an estimate ?

Hope I don’t get too many Toorak fans buying tix off members and sitting near me. Really annoyed me the last couple of home games where some Port and Swans fans had bought tix in the Richmond members area I’m in. Made aholes of themselves.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Heh heh… ole PRE clunker website grinding to a halt again. Won’t be worth trying once the game starts.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Win, lose or draw, have a real crack at the contest and I'll be happy with whatever unfolds for the Tigers.
Season 2024 is all about the journey. Sorting out the wheat from the chaff and seeing what kernels there are for the future.
A draw will satisfy me.

Feb 25, 2007
See, this why we pay you the big bux Hirsute you massive Fozzy Bear. Presuming you’re looking at what’s available across the sections and making an estimate ?

Hope I don’t get too many Toorak fans buying tix off members and sitting near me. Really annoyed me the last couple of home games where some Port and Swans fans had bought tix in the Richmond members area I’m in. Made aholes of themselves.

Yes correctomondo Red. As it's a reserved game I can see what's available in all stands and doing a count.

This doesn't include our member's bays as that's off limits to Ticketek and hope that for this marquee game, they roll up in very numbers which i think they will and help push the crowd towards 80K

That annoys me also and you should talk to the club about that. Do they have a resell option where anyone can buy seats if a member can't roll up?
Most dees will be in MCC and behind the city end "lower level". So the cheese platters may not be in your face for this game ;)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
At 4:55pm, they must be in deep discussion and strategy on what to do........

1713941721371.png

• Haha