Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I thought Mansell was really good this weekend.

With barely any inside 50's and no tall forwards, it's a bit much to be judging him on goals. He was tough, clean and creative playing very high up the ground.

Another who could be tried in the midfield.

We really do need to experiment a bit. Dow, particularly, is not the answer.

6 contested possessions is more than Dow or McAuliffe, for 6 score involvements as well.

Reactions: 16 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Thought he had a really solid game from limited opportunies.

- 3rd most ground ball gets
- Equal 3rd score involvements
- Equal first in pressure acts
- Equal 2nd tackles
- 2nd inside 50's
- Equal 1st forward 50 ground ball gets
- 2nd tackles inside 50

All stats the coaches would be looking at.,

Growing as a player and has a lot of qualities needed for the high forwatd role - pace, fitness, skills, absolute unconditional attack on the ball/man.

Love him to add a couple of kegs to his frame. Opposition defenders will be looking over their shoulders then.

Knockers better buckle in, cos he's going to be a permanent fixture in our team for the foreseeable future (and probably longer).

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
That goal he created for Sonsie was fantastic. Showed his worth to our forward line. He's a good player getting better.

Reactions: 10 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007

- Equal 2nd tackles
- 2nd inside 50's
- 2nd tackles inside 50

Growing as a player and has a lot of qualities needed for the high forwatd role - pace, fitness, skills, absolute unconditional attack on the ball/man.

Love him to add a couple of kegs to his frame. Opposition defenders will be looking over their shoulders then.

Knockers better buckle in, cos he's going to be a permanent fixture in our team for the foreseeable future (and probably longer).
Credit to him he has certainly improved his influence on the game. Looking more like a Neale-Bullen type, amazing what opportunity does for a player, but he did earn it because his attitude is faultless .
Still prefer forwards to have a bit more class but credit to him he is relentless

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

- Equal 2nd tackles
- 2nd inside 50's
- 2nd tackles inside 50

To go along with his stats across the season-
-1st in goal assists
-4th in score involvements
-1st in tackles inside 50
-4th in total tackles.
-7th for goals.

despite his detractors that is a good combination of attack and defense.

small sample but he is doing his job. he got wrongly pegged as an unskilled battler early days i reckon- as a result of his attack on the ball and opponent and the role he was asked to play. but he is starting to show he is proper good footballer.

Reactions: 16 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
That goal he created for Sonsie was fantastic. Showed his worth to our forward line. He's a good player getting better.
As you say, and LDays, such excellent attack at the ball. Commitment to the team.
Was happy with his game

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Credit to him he has certainly improved his influence on the game. Looking more like a Neale-Bullen type, amazing what opportunity does for a player, but he did earn it because his attitude is faultless .
Still prefer forwards to have a bit more class but credit to him he is relentless
Neal-Bullen is a good comparison actually.

He got dropped last year and played midfield in the vfl and dominated so he can play there. Whether he is good enough at AFL level I am not sure but we won’t know unless we try it.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
on the weekend he was one of the few that stood out.

never understood his detractors. he gets stuck in. very happy to see those seasons stats.

Reactions: 4 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014

- Equal 2nd tackles
- 2nd inside 50's
- 2nd tackles inside 50

“absolute unconditional attack on the ball/man”
I think this describes him perfectly @Leysy Days !

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Plays with authority. Clean. Smart. Hits real hard. Some supply would help.

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wow. My man Rhy Rhy has gone from the shithouse to the penthouse on PRE! Great stuff.

Always been a favourite of mine after I saw him kill it from HB for Woodville WT Eagles at in the GF at AO the Sunday after watching Kane Lambert Kill it for the Mighty Tiges in the PF at AO on the Friday night. What a time!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
never understood his detractors. he gets stuck in. very happy to see those seasons stats.
Early on in his career when he was at halfback he did some undisciplined things because he wasn’t finding the right balance between attack on the ball and giving away frees.
I thought he was initially someone who didn’t quite have the skills and was making up for it by being a bit of a tough guy.
I reckon I was wrong but I also think he is a more seasoned and measured player now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Hope you are right EZ.

Fun fact: I went to high school with one of Ryan Mansel's uncles. A big bloke called Kransten. Was a tearaway at school and quite frightening. But a good bloke too if you were on his good side, which I was.

So you could say I influenced Kransten which in turn influenced Ryan's immediate family, which has produced Ryan.

So if he's a raging success I'm claiming some of the credit. :p
Just sayin' :p

(Quoting myself... :ban )

• Wow
  • Haha

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mansell had another stinker tonight that’s his 3rd game in a row he hasn’t troubled the scoreboard
HF must kick goals if he can’t why the *smile* is he being selected there
His stats 5K 6HB 1M and 1Tackle is pathetic
At one stage he was playing FF on May WTF is going on?
It’s just not good enough to be gifted games when you’re a battler
In all fairness Coulthard, Cumbo & Green must get a go

• Dislike

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Mansell had another stinker tonight that’s his 3rd game in a row he hasn’t troubled the scoreboard
Agree. What's he actually doing in attack?

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Tries very hard but when we are good again he won’t be playing is my true belief

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Offers little imo. Can't base his game purely on hardness. Lacks pace and class. I'd play Cumbo, Coulthard and Green ahead of him.