Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
So y and b, who is Mansell keeping out of the team given our injuries this year?

I thought Mansell’s game last week v cats and last night were OK.

The commentators were critical a few times that our players burnt players in better positions when they pinged at goals and missed - the team is out of form and plenty of players also - the attack on Mansell is a bit rich as we had few winners across the ground full stop, and I can’t think of any 4 qtr winners at all.
Who’s Mansell keeping out of the team? Cumbo
Mansell is the new FArts as long as he minds space and creates supposed defensive pressure it’s all Dimma wants
Jack kept tapping the ball on looking from crumbers Mansell ain’t that so opportunity is once again lost

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
One of the seniors, leaders should have tried to help him settle after marking to endure he should have at least scored.

Reactions: 4 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
While Mansell is not the reason we lost last night he is also not the player we need to improve our system and team moving forwars. Mansell may have been handy in the dominant 2017-2020 years but the game has evolved and players like Mansell have no place in our team. Id rather persist with Cumbo and accept a few really poor games in the process then persist with a bloke who is at best a battler. Dimma loves the blokes that supposedly try really hard. Todays game is much more than that unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Seagull might not be quite premium anymore, but the blokes a 200 plus game veteran, no surprise he'd win a contest or two against a scrapper like Nigel. Just as an aside, had a few Essendrugs supporters sitting in front of me last night n there was more than a few times they were bagging out Seagull for stuffing things up. Not sure he was anywhere near an AA performance.
Scrapper - you said it

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
bit too much slaughtering of Mansell - he was better than a lot of them last night ..
had a spark early
not his fluff that lost us that game
it was garbage football

Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What did he do when it was his chance to put us further in front?
he *smile* up that’s what he did
Watched Dusty n Jaaack n KMac n Presty n Sausage n quite a few others stuff up opportunities to win us the game, but of course it was all Nigel's fault coz he's a spud. Phhhht.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
While Mansell is not the reason we lost last night he is also not the player we need to improve our system and team moving forwars. Mansell may have been handy in the dominant 2017-2020 years but the game has evolved and players like Mansell have no place in our team. Id rather persist with Cumbo and accept a few really poor games in the process then persist with a bloke who is at best a battler. Dimma loves the blokes that supposedly try really hard. Todays game is much more than that unfortunately.
Been hundreds of players over the years with a shitload of talent that don't try hard but get paid heaps. They help mire clubs in mediocrity and kill coaches careers. With a salary cap and draft system in place, every club has a bunch of battlers on their list. The first and just about only thing the coach desperately requires of them is that they bust their arse and try as hard as they can to do a job for the coach and team.

Reactions: 1 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Cumberland needs to replace him. Needs to learn if you are 5 points down a point 30 meters out is non negotiable.
100%. Dimma needs to evolve and understand the team needs more skill.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Needs to learn if you are 5 points down a point 30 meters out is non negotiable.
Bloody amazing how pressure can fry your brain. Point post to point post has gotta be about twenty metres or more wide. How the *smile* anyone can completely miss a twenty metre wide target from just thirty metres away at the elite level of footy in perfect condition is bizarre, but it happens way to often to be a bloody fluke.

Reactions: 2 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I'm a big fan and I have been quiet on this performance, so I deserve a bit of a whack too.

He undone all his good work with those last 5 mins. Basic bloody skill execution.

The same goes for Kam and Hugo.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
What did he do when it was his chance to put us further in front?
he *smile* up that’s what he did
Not doubting that but considering it was a game of many many brain farts not sure why you are focussing on this one. Reckon in the last 5 mins his 1 on 1 loss with Heppel and Jack kicking the ball off the ground to start their last score chain were worse.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Watched Dusty n Jaaack n KMac n Presty n Sausage n quite a few others stuff up opportunities to win us the game, but of course it was all Nigel's fault coz he's a spud. Phhhht.
They’ve all done it, won it. Produced, multiple times.
Mansell won’t play in next top 4 team. He just won’t

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Seagull might not be quite premium anymore, but the blokes a 200 plus game veteran, no surprise he'd win a contest or two against a scrapper like Nigel. Just as an aside, had a few Essendrugs supporters sitting in front of me last night n there was more than a few times they were bagging out Seagull for stuffing things up. Not sure he was anywhere near an AA performance.
Ha ha. His own supporters have bagged him for the last 5 years, it would be their default “support” at every game. He made some significant telling plays if you watched. I imagine you were sitting in your rocking chair yelling at clouds whilst the game was on.