Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Kid has deficiencies. Before you assassinate him remember he kicked two. But I agree worst few minutes you’d ever expect to see.
Who cares about the 2
when it came to winning the game he failed miserably missed everything

Reactions: 1 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Mansell's miss was bad. He should have kicked a score with that shot on goal. But I blame the constant turnovers, poor decision making and lack of chase over the whole game by so many players for the loss. Don't hang the kid on that mistake. As Hardwick said at least he got in the right spot to have the shot on goal.

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mansell's miss was bad. He should have kicked a score with that shot on goal. But I blame the constant turnovers, poor decision making and lack of chase over the whole game by so many players for the loss. Don't hang the kid on that mistake. As Hardwick said at least he got in the right spot to have the shot on goal.
Go in the right spot :LOL:
Wow I hope we appeal the loss and afl awards us the 4 points coz he was in the right spot surely that counts for something

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
But did an experienced player go to his side and give him some advice before his miss????????????
Nope...we have sleeping leaders with no sense of leading in these moments..Still mansell had a way better game than jack,prestia and graham

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Such a fine line. Kicks his 3rd game over & he is the hero.
He missed & didn’t even score & highlights how bad our forward stocks are that he is playing up there.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nigel had a better night than a lot of our other players. Unfortunately the young fella got all constipated on the match sealing kick n flubbed it badly.

First ever dream time game I think n after a fairly decent game there he was trying to nail his big moment in the spotlight. He's gunna be kicking himself n reliving his horror moment for a long time. Seen plenty of way better players have similar *smile* up moments in games, it happens in all sports, suck in some air n move along to next time.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What was worse than the missed kick was the one on one loss to Heppell on the wing. We had a spare at that contest, he simply had to bring the ball to ground. Heppell was finished 2 years ago yet we made him look like an AA last night.

Peanut M&Ms

Tiger Cub
Apr 15, 2023
Bad, really bad at a crucial stage of the game.
There were moments in the game where blunders were made.
By the way, hello to the PRE team

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Not sticking the boots in, he is what he is.
I have never seen us kick it to the opposition as much across the whole ground.
I wouldn’t be plying Mansell but you get what you ask for if just want a role player with a job who tried hard - winning big games requires talent and ability as well however

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
What was worse than the missed kick was the one on one loss to Heppell on the wing. We had a spare at that contest, he simply had to bring the ball to ground. Heppell was finished 2 years ago yet we made him look like an AA last night.
Seagull might not be quite premium anymore, but the blokes a 200 plus game veteran, no surprise he'd win a contest or two against a scrapper like Nigel. Just as an aside, had a few Essendrugs supporters sitting in front of me last night n there was more than a few times they were bagging out Seagull for stuffing things up. Not sure he was anywhere near an AA performance.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Very much like Aarts last year. A bloke of barely AFL quality gets given games and makes a crucial mistake.
Terrible isn't it?
Never see any of those fancy million dollar a year players make crucial mistakes during a game. It's always those scrappy *smile* kickers that are lucky to get a game that *smile* things up for everyone.

Reactions: 1 user

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
People who have already made up their mind about a player would rather be proven correct than see that Mansell has been decent this season.

Reactions: 5 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
People who have already made up their mind about a player would rather be proven correct than see that Mansell has been decent this season.
Some posters would rather a substandard player have an improvesd season but cost the team a chance at finals. (let him improve in the 2"s)

Mansell's problem has been his football IQ and his kicking, it is very slowly imptoving but he is holding better players back.

Mansell's goals yesterday were a "joe the goose goal" and the other from a ducking into a tackle free, neither are sustainable over the course of a season.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So y and b, who is Mansell keeping out of the team given our injuries this year?

I thought Mansell’s game last week v cats and last night were OK.

The commentators were critical a few times that our players burnt players in better positions when they pinged at goals and missed - the team is out of form and plenty of players also - the attack on Mansell is a bit rich as we had few winners across the ground full stop, and I can’t think of any 4 qtr winners at all.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Heppell 9 cms taller than Mansell.
Having Baker on Langford similar.
Pisspoor matchups all over the ground

Reactions: 5 users