Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
come on you obviously haven't noticed his run down tackles like Butler used to do, more important than goals, or just as important - because Cumbo is basically useless at it apparently and gets a bit sooky as well
Haven’t noticed his Butler like rundown tackles
Mansell is renowned for his pressure acts The one’s that put his team mates under enormous pressure

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
He’s the only forward who can run.
That’s why he’s playing.
Doing okay in a tough role.
Doesn’t know how to crumb off packs as he’s not a natural forward, didn’t kick a goal it’s not all about forward pressure
That doesn’t get you the 4 points You need to kick goals

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
you might need to repeat that, as some posters think he doesnt contribute anything. (those 8 were alongside 13 disposals and 5 tackles.)

Some people see what they want to see. Its like people want him to fail.

He's an average small forward, he will never be a Charlie Cameron or anyone like that but he adds value to our forward mix IMO.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Yeah I thought he had a decent game. Sometimes it goes great and you get a couple of goals, other times you'll get no goals, but he remained involved, and had the joint 2nd highest score involvements on our team with 8.
Were they score involvements for Us or Port?
I would like to see a Stat for players for score involvements to the opposition.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Some people see what they want to see. Its like people want him to fail.

He's an average small forward, he will never be a Charlie Cameron or anyone like that but he adds value to our forward mix IMO.
Nuh no need for that
Confident Mansell can fail on his own

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone who think he might be the answer is asking the wrong question.

I think it depends what the question is.

Is he the long term solution to a forward problem and could help a team win a premiership - Then the answer is likely to be no.
Is he the best we have at the moment - Then the answer is yes

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
He'd only played 15 games before this year so he's an inexperienced player getting more experience.
Has kicked 8 goals for the year which is a reasonable effort in a forward line which has been *smile*.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
He'd only played 15 games before this year so he's an inexperienced player getting more experience.
Has kicked 8 goals for the year which is a reasonable effort in a forward line which has been *smile*.
the one he missed was a howler. Coach Killer!!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'm finding the Mansell haters a little tiresome ..

so get out there and do better... or go support another team ..

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

Since PRE has existed there have been dozens of players who have suffered the wrath of posters and that will never stop. The current ones seem to be Ross and Mansell with a few digs on others when they have a bad game or two. Poor old George copped more than his fair share last year is an example. It is just a symptom of supporting a club to vent on someone or something when things are not going right. We all have an opinion a player and it rarely happens that we will all agree with some notable exceptions.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

We can do better than having a battler in the forward line Thats the issue
winning games by improving our side is what we’re after

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Kicked 8 goals… Wow!
impressive…. We were in the game against the Dees all Mansell had to do was kick ball over to Cumbo to run into open goal instead he kicked it 15m straight to Dees player
Has opportunity to win game against Bummers kicks for goal only to miss everything it’s out on the full
if that’s reasonable efforts and that’s the level we want we’ll never play finals again

• Dislike

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Opposition team meetings -

George - fast, unpredictable, good endurance, can dodge and weave - create things and gets shots at goal. Can take are a good overhead mark sometimes contested need to be accountable for him - dangerous rating 6

Mansell - may bob up and kick a goal or two at best but is no real concern as his role is to guard the exit on turnover, stay out of the way to create space and chase and tackle when he can. He is fit and very competitive but lacks tricks.. Dangerous rating. 3.5

I have always believed in doing what your opposition would least like you to do. I think our opposition is pretty comfortable lining up against Mansell even though he can be a bit fiery - not sure the opposition gives a toss about that aggression. They fear talent more

spare me this rubbish. His position in the team can be debated, he aint that good

artball

Jul 30, 2013
Since PRE has existed there have been dozens of players who have suffered the wrath of posters and that will never stop. The current ones seem to be Ross and Mansell with a few digs on others when they have a bad game or two. Poor old George copped more than his fair share last year is an example. It is just a symptom of supporting a club to vent on someone or something when things are not going right. We all have an opinion a player and it rarely happens that we will all agree with some notable exceptions.
all good and fine UK... but i still find it negative and tiresome ..

artball

Jul 30, 2013
spare me this rubbish. His position in the team can be debated, he aint that good
not questioning the concept of debate .. but when the see-saw is stuck in the mud one end, things get a little dull ...