Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Unfortunately think he'll miss. One angle seems to show head contact. The whole looks worse because of Aiah's long hair and headband flying off. Though Aish going off helped us I think
Initially I thought it was Aish’s brain flying through the air, then I realised it was his headband. If that bloody thing hadn’t flown off, I think Mansell would be okay, but that makes it look high, so they’ll suspend him.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Initially I thought it was Aish’s brain flying through the air, then I realised it was his headband. If that bloody thing hadn’t flown off, I think Mansell would be okay, but that makes it look high, so they’ll suspend him.
Aish’s sphincter contracted so tightly that it caused a catalytic build up of gas pressure which deferred to this head and blew his headband straight off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Disappointed Bakes or someone didn’t grab the headband and chuck it into the crowd
*smile* no. That would have been a fifty metre penalty followed up by probably another fifty for being to slow to move back the fifty or arguing the call.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Which player was obligated to pull out of the contest?
Dangerfield Vlastuin re run imo.
No case to answer

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
All this must be so frustrating for the players. A split second difference, Mansell wins the ball and is smacked by Aish. You can see right before impact Aosh also turned slightly. Suspensions these days are just like a tax, unless you are high profile, competing for Brownlow honours, you can't avoid them.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's played two games as sub this year. Averaging just under a goal a game. (8 touches, 2.8TK. Total 10G 4B) Does seem to tire so maybe tank is an issue. Playing treats that.

Very competent skills and a fine shot. And when others are far too sensible Mansell, who is the same size as Juddy, coldly breaks a bloke in half hitting the ball.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Not a Richmond act
We aren’t brisbane 2003
It’s petty and we have a game to win
No offence intended.
You're probably much younger than me and didn't get the refetence.

Back in the Olden Days (80s for the younger listeners) there was a legendary figure playing for Carlton called Bruce "the Flying Doormat" Doull who let his actions speak instead of his words, and who was quite protective of his headband that kept back his wild head of hair - bald on top, party at the back and sides

One day a bit of a melee arupted against Essendon when Cameron Clayton grabbed Doull's headband and flung it to the ground.
Tony "the Budgie" Buhagiar proceeded to pick it up and then chucked the sacred piece of cloth into the crowd.

A great piece of VFL history, and a reminder that we don't do knicknames like we used to.

Look it up on Youtube

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No offence intended.
You're probably much younger than me and didn't get the refetence.

Back in the Olden Days (80s for the younger listeners) there was a legendary figure playing for Carlton called Bruce "the Flying Doormat" Doull who let his actions speak instead of his words, and who was quite protective of his headband that kept back his wild head of hair - bald on top, party at the back and sides

One day a bit of a melee arupted against Essendon when Cameron Clayton grabbed Doull's headband and flung it to the ground.
Tony "the Budgie" Buhagiar proceeded to pick it up and then chucked the sacred piece of cloth into the crowd.

A great piece of VFL history, and a reminder that we don't do knicknames like we used to.

Look it up on Youtube

I remember it well Larabee

Reactions: 1 user